Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

1 hour ago, Bert said:

What’s he actually said that’s been out of order? That he wants to beat us? 

No. He should want to win he's a professional athlete. But you can be respectful whilst talking about a former club and I don't think he has been since the move. 

Not that I entirely blame him because a large portion of our knuckle draggers made him out to be the worst fullback the leagues ever seen. Not thay Chelsea fans thought different mind. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9634083/Wayne-Rooney-tried-absolutely-lure-Jamie-Vardy-England-retirement.html

Wayne Rooney has revealed that he would have 'tried absolutely everything' to convince Jamie Vardy to make a U-turn on his England retirement and return for Euro 2020 this summer.

Leicester ace Vardy, 34, enjoyed another fine season in the Premier League and has shown no signs of allowing his age to catch up to him, which led to last-minute calls for him to be considered for the upcoming showpiece.

Now, it has been confirmed that Rooney also believes Vardy is deserving of a spot in the Three Lions' ranks, with the legendary former international even claiming he would start him up front alongside Harry Kane. 

Writing in his column for The Sunday Times, Derby County boss Rooney said: 'One man I wish was in Gareth’s (Southgate) squad is Jamie Vardy. I would have tried absolutely everything to lure him out of retirement for these finals. 

'I know some people may be surprised at this, especially with the legal case between my wife and Jamie’s wife, but this is my honest football opinion.

'He may be 34, but Jamie is still a brilliant player, who was involved in 24 goals in the Premier League this season and would have been a great asset - not only as an impact sub but as a potential starter. 

'Look at how Kane has been playing for Tottenham Hotspur, dropping deeper and playing through balls - Jamie could have been running on to them.'

Vardy stepped away from representing England in August 2018, after occasionally featuring through the World Cup campaign that year. Shortly before returning home, the frontman told Southgate he was weighing up retirement.

The former Fleetwood Town man has 26 caps for England and was named in every squad from his first call-up in May 2015, up to him choosing to hang up his boots for his country.   

Later in 2018, Vardy confirmed to boss Southgate that he did not want to be considered for selection ahead of international fixtures against Spain and Switzerland - and he has not featured since.   

However, his electric form this campaign at club level sees him firmly rank among the top English scorers, with his 15 goals and nine assists from 34 appearances in all competitions helping to push Leicester on. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9634083/Wayne-Rooney-tried-absolutely-lure-Jamie-Vardy-England-retirement.html

Wayne Rooney has revealed that he would have 'tried absolutely everything' to convince Jamie Vardy to make a U-turn on his England retirement and return for Euro 2020 this summer.

Leicester ace Vardy, 34, enjoyed another fine season in the Premier League and has shown no signs of allowing his age to catch up to him, which led to last-minute calls for him to be considered for the upcoming showpiece.

Now, it has been confirmed that Rooney also believes Vardy is deserving of a spot in the Three Lions' ranks, with the legendary former international even claiming he would start him up front alongside Harry Kane. 

Writing in his column for The Sunday Times, Derby County boss Rooney said: 'One man I wish was in Gareth’s (Southgate) squad is Jamie Vardy. I would have tried absolutely everything to lure him out of retirement for these finals. 

'I know some people may be surprised at this, especially with the legal case between my wife and Jamie’s wife, but this is my honest football opinion.

'He may be 34, but Jamie is still a brilliant player, who was involved in 24 goals in the Premier League this season and would have been a great asset - not only as an impact sub but as a potential starter. 

'Look at how Kane has been playing for Tottenham Hotspur, dropping deeper and playing through balls - Jamie could have been running on to them.'

Vardy stepped away from representing England in August 2018, after occasionally featuring through the World Cup campaign that year. Shortly before returning home, the frontman told Southgate he was weighing up retirement.

The former Fleetwood Town man has 26 caps for England and was named in every squad from his first call-up in May 2015, up to him choosing to hang up his boots for his country.   

Later in 2018, Vardy confirmed to boss Southgate that he did not want to be considered for selection ahead of international fixtures against Spain and Switzerland - and he has not featured since.   

However, his electric form this campaign at club level sees him firmly rank among the top English scorers, with his 15 goals and nine assists from 34 appearances in all competitions helping to push Leicester on. 

im sorry but I just can’t agree with that part at all..

28 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

If only Rooney was the England manager and povertygate managed derby 

No, thanks. Southgate has proven quite adept at managing the modern player and preparing a squad well for a tournament where the press and players had a much closer relationship, which in turn provided a much closer and more cordial relationship between the fans and the players.

Rooney is still a rookie in management, as Southgate was really. But honestly I'm quite impressed with how Southgate has gone about things in his time in charge. Imagine if Big Sam had remained in charge, for example.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

No, thanks. Southgate has proven quite adept at managing the modern player and preparing a squad well for a tournament where the press and players had a much closer relationship, which in turn provides a much closer and more cordial relationship between the fans and the players.

Rooney is still a rookie in management, as Southgate was really. But honestly I'm quite impressed with how Southgate has gone about things in his time in charge. Imagine if Big Sam had remained in charge, for example.

I was joking 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, KFS said:

A Chelsea fan has bought a UCL penant and sent it to Amartey via the stadium. Honestly what a bunch of creeps 😳

How do you know? Surely if someone was genuinely that weird to do that they wouldn’t tell anyone?

22 minutes ago, KFS said:

A Chelsea fan has bought a UCL penant and sent it to Amartey via the stadium. Honestly what a bunch of creeps 😳

It’s definitely big Dan’s finest moment and I nearly died at Stoke.

Edited by Costock_Fox

14 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

How do you know? Surely if someone was genuinely that weird to do that they wouldn’t tell anyone?

posting it all over Twitter 

• Haha 1

Sometimes in this life you play yourself by going too far. This is one of those moments. It’s now passed football banter and just plain weird. What a noncey football club lol 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's have it right, Chilwell is a little pecker. Him and his representatives have been nothing but a pain in the arse, caused no end of bother the year Liverpool wanted him when he'd barely played for us yet. His comments about being desperate to beat us, is a little provocative and there's evidently some fire there from his departure.

What I dislike the most is, he has clearly improved massively this last year. I don't believe technically he is that switched on and therefore I think he's been playing within himself with us rather than he's been coached wonderfully this past year with better players and that's why he's now a respectable PL player. His attitude and professionalism last season was very suspect and I look forward to us ruining many a season of his again in the future.

We should sign Trincao just to watch him destroy Chilwell and watch him ask kept to take throw ins for him.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's have it right, Chilwell is a little pecker. Him and his representatives have been nothing but a pain in the arse, caused no end of bother the year Liverpool wanted him when he'd barely played for us yet. His comments about being desperate to beat us, is a little provocative and there's evidently some fire there from his departure.

What I dislike the most is, he has clearly improved massively this last year. I don't believe technically he is that switched on and therefore I think he's been playing within himself with us rather than he's been coached wonderfully this past year with better players and that's why he's now a respectable PL player. His attitude and professionalism last season was very suspect and I look forward to us ruining many a season of his again in the future.

Maybe that foot injury restricted his performances last season (his confidence took a beating too )

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Maybe that foot injury restricted his performances last season (his confidence took a beating too )

Confidence was definitely shot to pieces but I think he wanted out and it started to tell. For whatever reason I don't think he ever really immersed himself in the club, he doesn't shut up about how happy he is now at Chelsea. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Confidence was definitely shot to pieces but I think he wanted out and it started to tell. For whatever reason I don't think he ever really immersed himself in the club, he doesn't shut up about how happy he is now at Chelsea. 

Must be the 200k/ week he’s on.  And he hasn’t been able to enjoy living down here yet ! 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Took the foxestalk-forum-banter- shit, to heart.....

some cynical, Snidey imature Posters on here...who also conveniently forgot, his injury woes..

plus IMO he was a good player for us, and any Flak went too far OTT...

• Like 2

The thing with Chilwell is that he only working harder on the pitch for Chelsea is because he knows he won't get picked as he's got competition in Alonso. Tuchel preferred Alonso over Chilwell when Tuchel first arrived at Chelsea and made Chilwell sit on the bench for several games. Also after Chilwell's honeymoon period was gone when Lampard went the fans started to get on Chilwell's back saying he wasn't as good as they thought he would be and thought Leicester sold us an average player. When I see Chilwell play for Chelsea U see a player playing a extra gear to make his colleagues club and fans like him abit more weirdly!

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Is it just me reading this as some sort of peace offering because Mrs Vardy is about to win her case?!?!

4 hours ago, Bert said:

Wow. If people think that’s disrespectful then I’m baffled. Conversations happen like that all the time, crazy to think the player knows what his own future holds eh? 

Tbh they were worst than his ‘this is my biggest game of the season’ 

The Silva comment suggested that he’d completely downed tools at Leicester and had no problem telling team mates that he was off Chelsea. Players do talk between themselves but 99% of them are wise enough not letting those conversations ever reach the public