Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Found the T-Shirt while cleaning out old caravan not used for over 20 years, from the 1993 playoff final 3-4 defeat to Swindon how many of the players can you name?

20210306_152812.jpg

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

If I remember correctly it was drawn by Russ Carvell, who did stuff for the Fox Fanzine.

 

Amazing feeling when the 3 went in, I was 15 at the time.

 

Felt like the end of the world when they won.

Edited by coolhandfox
Posted
2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If I remember correctly it was drawn by Russ Carvell, who did stuff for the Fox Fanzine.

 

Amazing feeling when the 3 went in, I was 15 at the time.

 

Felt like the end of the world when they won.

I was 11 and it was heartbreaking to lose to a dodgy penalty the year after losing to a dodgy penalty against Blackburn.

  • Like 1
Posted

 

I used to enjoy these drawings in in The Fox, but, looking back, some of the caricatures were a bit cruel.

 

if I was Steve Thompson, I'd have smacked Carvell in the gob.  lol

 

 

Posted
31 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Found the T-Shirt while cleaning out old caravan not used for over 20 years, from the 1993 playoff final 3-4 defeat to Swindon how many of the players can you name?

20210306_152812.jpg

All of them, I still have that t-shirt too.

 

Absolute classic.

Posted

lol David Lowe's got a chin like Bruce Forsyth. 

 

The Swindon play off final - what a match. Felt like the end of the world at the time. I think I was more disappointed by that than the Leicester v Watford  semi. Steve Thompson had an excellent game as I recall. Shortly after, the maligned Speedie joined us and from being villain, became a very popular figure at Filbo. 

 

 

Posted
11 minutes ago, Line-X said:

lol David Lowe's got a chin like Bruce Forsyth. 

 

The Swindon play off final - what a match. Felt like the end of the world at the time. I think I was more disappointed by that than the Leicester v Watford  semi. Steve Thompson had an excellent game as I recall. Shortly after, the maligned Speedie joined us and from being villain, became a very popular figure at Filbo. 

 

 

I had to give my diploma recital the day after. Couldn't have felt more flat.

Posted
1 hour ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I reckon it is;

 

Lowe, Coatsworth, Philpott, Walsh, Smith, Whitlow, James.

 

Mills, Poole, Thompson, Agnew, Joachim, Hill and Oldfield.

 

Management

 

Gregory, Little and Evans? 

Spot on I think 👏🏼

Posted
20 minutes ago, rico said:

Heres mine from the Derby Play Off Final ....

B2F9E519-96D0-4CCA-AF32-4F1A4B17D2FA.jpeg

Should have at the very least been adapted to include 'Sticks'. 

  • Like 1
Posted

That side had a disproportionate number of bald players. Speedie, Agnew and Coatsworth (at a stretch) would equal nearly 30% slap head in a starting 11. You’d never get that these days - players have too nicer barnets.

 

Twas a proper game in those days, played by proper follicly challenged men.

  • Haha 4
Posted
5 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

That side had a disproportionate number of bald players. Speedie, Agnew and Coatsworth (at a stretch) would equal nearly 30% slap head in a starting 11. You’d never get that these days - players have too nicer barnets.

 

Twas a proper game in those days, played by proper follicly challenged men.

We've had many an average player over the years, but I think Steve Agnew was the absolute epitome of average.

Has there been a more average player turn out for LCFC?

Posted
7 minutes ago, martyn said:

We've had many an average player over the years, but I think Steve Agnew was the absolute epitome of average.

Has there been a more average player turn out for LCFC?

He’s certainly up there for the baldest 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

He’s certainly up there for the baldest 

Rooster would beg to differ. 

  • Like 1
Posted
8 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Konchesky too. He was balder by choice. 

Oh yeah. It was weird when he came back from pre-season with a full head of grey hair. I thought he might have found the cure.

Posted
2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

never a louder crowd noise than when Thommo rolled in the goal to make it 3-3

 

Unbelievable stuff

 

It was unbelievable to be in it but I'd love to see what it looked like from the other end. 

Posted

Funny enough I could just about name any player from that period but I’d struggle with players from between around 2001-2011. Anyway happy days, the only play off final I’ve been to and despite the loss, well what a game. It falls to Thompson, and Thompson has equalised, shudder. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...