Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Royal Family

18 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Having the cake and eating it, I suppose. 

She's still got a title and is raking it in right now.

Absolute horror show for two parties of clowns. I'm revelling in it.

Did they not drop their titles and the money that goes along with it or did i make that up? 

18 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Did they not drop their titles and the money that goes along with it or did i make that up? 

I think they still maintain their titles in some form of trading agreement - though it remains to be seen how long that courtesy extends for.

As for the money - they've just about cut ties, though they're still quite obviously trading off of the link so as to be earning on the back of the royals still. 

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I think they still maintain their titles in some form of trading agreement - though it remains to be seen how long that courtesy extends for.

As for the money - they've just about cut ties, though they're still quite obviously trading off of the link so as to be earning on the back of the royals still. 

They won’t have much new material to peddle as they have been excluded from official stuff

33 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Depends on the type of power.

The UK Armed Forces swear loyalty to the Queen - including those commanding a nuclear arsenal.

All of the commonwealth's leaders swear loyalty to the Queen and she can, in theory remove any of them as heads of state, all the people in the commonwealth are her subjects. She also has more political clout worldwide than anybody else and commands enormous respect from outside her realm. She's also a religious leader and therefore on equal terms with people like the pope.

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Having the cake and eating it, I suppose. 

She's still got a title and is raking it in right now.

Absolute horror show for two parties of clowns. I'm revelling in it.

They got $7m just for the interview

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

They got $7m just for the interview

Interesting because at the start of the interview they gave the impression they weren't receiving anything.

Also with reference to alleged racism, what they said was that someone had asked about what the colour of the baby might be....depending on the context it might be an actual genuine interest rather than something more sinister....however they knew in the current climate it would cause a shitstorm 

19 minutes ago, January47 said:

Interesting because at the start of the interview they gave the impression they weren't receiving anything.

Also with reference to alleged racism, what they said was that someone had asked about what the colour of the baby might be....depending on the context it might be an actual genuine interest rather than something more sinister....however they knew in the current climate it would cause a shitstorm 

It would certainly do that if you announced it to a world wide tv audience. I always thought that what gets said in the royal household doesn't get publicised  unless they want it publicised. Defense of the realm and all that stuff.

The couple do have very valid points, but there's still something fishy about them - particularly Meghan (particularly with her alleged issues with her Father).

Edited by Wymsey

3 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

There's something quite fishy about Prince Andrew as well, and yet there aren't 100 hit pieces on him in a 24-hour period.

As long as Harry and Meghan are happy, why are people so hysterical about this? Honestly. White middle England is raging that Harry married a mixed race lady, and followed his heart. Big woop.

Also, I'd be looking to do some kind of interview to give my side of the story when there are literally hundreds of spurious hit job newspaper articles about my floating about.

Lastly, there are articles clearly stating that they got paid $0 for the interview. The $7-9m fee banded around is CBS' fee to Oprah's production company. But don't worry, facts don't seem to sit very well with those desperate to castigate these two.

Agree with this.

I think we have some token white privilege here with how she is treated vs others. Easier to tarnish her then the royals i suppose.  At the end of the day nothing she has said, done or potentially lied about comes close to being a potential peado (but i dont see that outrage from others).

• Like 3

Fair play to Harry for having the balls to want his own life away from the Royals. It's an outdated institution now.

Honestly, I'd rather the lot of them, inside the family and out, didn't take up so much news space. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Fair play to Harry for having the balls to want his own life away from the Royals. It's an outdated institution now.

Honestly, I'd rather the lot of them, inside the family and out, didn't take up so much news space. 

There was no criticism of the institution itself though. Presumably they'd have been happy to be royals. 

30 minutes ago, Corky said:

I’ve only seen the headlines and can’t get too interested as it all seems to be hearsay, with no tangible supporting evidence. Just accusations and insults.

However, what does surprise me is that a would be independent married bloke in his 30’s still expects his Dad to pay his bills etc, bail him out. Harry wants to go his own way, but still wanted his Dad to fund him? 

Unfortunately, this is going to run for a while, when there are much more serious issues going on. 

40 minutes ago, bovril said:

There was no criticism of the institution itself though. Presumably they'd have been happy to be royals. 

He's obviously very bitter about his mother.......looked to be an element of revenge in this. Think all they've done though is paint an even bigger target on their backs for the press than before

What I don't quite understand is this ...

According to those who've worked closely with Megan, she's a dynamic independent tough-minded cookie who gets what she wants, and takes no sh** from anyone.

Yet soon after marrying her the man of her dreams in front of an adoring country, and becoming pregnant ... she apparently wanted to kill herself.

Think everyone could see what was coming when you have someone with a hollywood background come into the family. To be honest what's making me laugh at present Megan is coming out with the stuff about racist things being said which shocking, yet people are coming out in support of the Queen, I mean anybody else would be through the grill at the moment. I just don't get it. Too many people live in dream world about the royals. 

• Like 1

The focus should be more on getting a paedo in jail then what we are discussing IMO.

Im sure the truth lies somewhere in between but i dont get why so many back the royals and dismiss her. Clearly there are issues on both sides. They are a messed up entitled bunch of tits and i hope Canada has the balls to at some point say bye bye to the monarchy.  

Id rather see Drake on the $20 bill lol

• Like 1

One of the reasons Andrew gets mainly glossed over is because noone really cares about him. I reckon most people wouldn't even recognise him unless you were a big royalist.

I quite like the tradition of the royal family, even it is a bit outdated and unnecessary. Not that I'd be overly bothered if it didn't exist anymore.

I have sympathy, I can imagine it's difficult for any outsider to join, let alone an American. Harry has always come across as a reluctant royal anyway so this sort of fallout was likely to happen. Stuff about skin colour is not surprising in elderly members of the royal family. 

They can do what they want, I don't think you should have any royal privileges though unless you are actively involved. Seeing Harry complain about finances being cut isn't a great look IMO. Issues need to be raised but does feel like they are doing it for the money. 

• Like 1