Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We also have had lots of injuries this season so it is absolute rubbish when they go on about Liverpool 

Yes absolutely, I don't think we've had a fully fit squad at any point this season and we've coped really well. If Liverpool just miss out on top 4, the media will praise them for how much character they've shown to get close and they'll act like they've won the league, if god forbid, they actually get there.

• Like 2

avoid defeat against Chelsea on Tuesday  then have to match there result in their away game at villa with fans back.

as has been mentioned win on Tuesday to qualify.

if Chelsea only draw that game we could lose and be ok as west hams GD is very inferior

Edited by Motty
additional info

It's a weird one with Chelsea. Because even we do (hopefully) trump them in the FA Cup final, their heads will still somewhat be turned for the Champions League Final.

The narrative would suggest the losing team would get their revenge in the league game but given the bigger fish to fry, there's a definite chance we could pounce again.

Realistically we have to get something from the game in any case to keep things in our hands on the final day

We have bottled it to not have it locked by now throwing away points vs 10 men Saints and Newcastle at home.

We get a gift from Ole to bail us out(we never win that game vs them at full strength). We’ve done our best to throw it away and been lucky to be given another chance.

Its just our luck to get a helping hand then what we needed just for Liverpool to not win to put us in a great situation they just steamroll Utd!

Almost as if JW Henry has paid the glazers it’s that crazy!

End of the day it’s still in our hands. We just need to beat Chelsea twice to complete a brilliant ending. We still are on a tightrope from coming away with absolutely nothing as well.

If someone offered us 1 win and 1 lose vs Chelsea I’d probably accept it but it’s fine lines now.

Its in our hands but right now we are playing awful and we will not get over the line with Brendan continuing with this 5 atb.

A lucky win knicked from a set piece vs a bunch of kids covers over the cracks so hard. A full strength Chelsea will double kill us ultimately. We are too defensive and with a Kante in hot form, I can’t see how we are going to get anything from both games.

Our best hope is draw and win on pens, draw the league match and then somehow show some bottle to beat Spurs knowing Chelsea and Liverpool will nearly 100% of the time beat Palacd and Villa. It’s not looking good and it’ll be an absolute disaster if we end up with 2 5s(5th and 5th final defeat).

This has felt inevitable for months and months now and I just hope that for once it doesn’t just all end up exactly how I know it would.  

Just now, STUHILL said:

Deano's back with is doom and gloom guys! lol  

You were very quiet after the Man U win. Missed you! :wub:

Because beating a 2nd string Man Utd doesn’t give me any genuine belief that we’re suddenly  playing well or going to actually achieve anything. It was good to get the job done but I don’t go knee jerk like some people.

People going nuts scrambling and knicking it vs a 2nd string Man U are getting ahead of themselves.

This Saturday Tuesday double is the real matches against a full strength tough team, these are the games that are huge and take guts and bottle.
Beat Chelsea twice and you’ll see me giving due praise and going over the top..WHEN we actually achieve something...

2 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I've just read that and decided that the only course of action is to end it all.

Goodbye cruel world! 

Don’t do that, I’ll feel bad. If daring to dream is your way to comfort yourself when we are congratulating Brendan and the boys for ‘nearly’ getting top 4 and ‘nearly’ getting an FA Cup then keep on like that.

Dont be too upset we achieved a lot the last 2 seasons. To be in the top 4 TWICE until the last day then dropping out right on cue the only game week it matters it’s actually incredibly hard to do and embarrassingly impressive actually! Couldn’t do it if we tried.

14 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

We have bottled it to not have it locked by now throwing away points vs 10 men Saints and Newcastle at home.

We get a gift from Ole to bail us out(we never win that game vs them at full strength). We’ve done our best to throw it away and been lucky to be given another chance.

Its just our luck to get a helping hand then what we needed just for Liverpool to not win to put us in a great situation they just steamroll Utd!

End of the day it’s still in our hands. We just need to beat Chelsea twice to complete a brilliant ending. We still are on a tightrope from coming away with absolutely nothing as well.

If someone offered us 1 win and 1 lose vs Chelsea I’d probably accept it but it’s fine lines now.

Its in our hands but right now we are playing awful and we will not get over the line with Brendan continuing with this 5 atb.

A lucky win knicked from a set piece vs a bunch of kids covers over the cracks so hard. A full strength Chelsea will double kill us ultimately. We are too defensive and with a Kante in hot form, I can’t see how we are going to get anything from both games.

Our best hope is draw and win on pens, draw the league match and then somehow show some bottle to beat Spurs knowing Chelsea and Liverpool will nearly 100% of the time beat Palacd and Villa. It’s not looking good and it’ll be an absolute disaster if we end up with 2 5s(5th and 5th final defeat).

This has felt inevitable for months and months now and I just hope that for once it doesn’t just all end up exactly how I know it would.  

I don't know – I watched the full 90 minutes today and they were shocking in defence. A mean, really, really bad. 

I'd take points on the board any day of the week. Remember back in 2016 when Spurs stuffed Stoke at the Britannia and everyone was wetting their pants that they were going to chalk up max. points and pip us to the post. Didn't work out too well for them in the end. If Liverpool finish above us given the current standings they'll have deserved it. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

775232474-054.JPG

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I think the most probable way we do it is by drawing with Chelsea then beating spurs.. especially with us fans back pushing the players on 

Yeh but I hate that way! It will be unbearable to have to win on the last day with nobbers like Kane and Son on the attack every other minute! 

Change your probable to us beating Chelsea on Tuesday please. 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Anyone watching Man U in their half arsed mood tonight cant say we wouldn’t have beaten them. 

I did initially think that but then Deano said otherwise and he's never been wrong in his whole life

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Anyone watching Man U in their half arsed mood tonight cant say we wouldn’t have beaten them. 

was thinking this too. Ironic that we scored our 2nd when they brought on their star players as well.

Actually think we would have beaten their full strength just like we did in the FA Cup 

Liverpool will have tougher games against WBA and Burnley. Palace... not so much 

4 minutes ago, Guest said:

I did initially think that but then Deano said otherwise and he's never been wrong in his whole life

Watching us since the international break with a 2 wins 1 draw 3 losses record in the league would suggest otherwise.

Liverpool are in far better form and look much stronger since Fabinho has gone back into midfield.

Its not impossible we ‘could’ of won but watching us the previous 2 weeks and watching us struggle as usual vs that poor 11..logic would say it’s unlikely and we got a massive favour.

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

was thinking this too. Ironic that we scored our 2nd when they brought on their star players as well.

Actually think we would have beaten their full strength just like we did in the FA Cup 

Liverpool will have tougher games against WBA and Burnley. Palace... not so much 

I think Palace do them in Roy’s last game

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Watching us since the international break with a 2 wins 1 draw 3 losses record in the league would suggest otherwise.

Liverpool are in far better form and look much stronger since Fabinho has gone back into midfield.

Its not impossible we ‘could’ of won but watching us the previous 2 weeks and watching us struggle as usual vs that poor 11..logic would say it’s unlikely and we got a massive favour.

Did you watch their defence tonight? They were shocking. Still fancy a slip up with that back 2 pairing. Burnley will bully them for sure :fc:

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Did you watch their defence tonight? They were shocking. Still fancy a slip up with that back 2 pairing. Burnley will bully them for sure :fc:

Yeah Burnley are the only hope. The problem is even with 67 we’ll need 2 draws or a win.

I can’t see how they won’t beat palace and West Brom almost 100% of the time and how Chelsea won’t beat Villa.

I honestly think we will have to either go draw win or just outright win at the bridge to make it I think.

Just now, deanolegend1989 said:

Yeah Burnley are the only hope. The problem is even with 67 we’ll need 2 draws or a win.

I can’t see how they won’t beat palace and West Brom almost 100% of the time and how Chelsea won’t beat Villa.

I honestly think we will have to either go draw win or just outright win at the bridge to make it I think.

Villa have impressed me at times this season but you'd expect Chelsea to do enough there and agree on WBA/Palace. Burnley are a Jekyll & Hyde team, just hope they are having one of those good days against Liverpool. 

Arsenal gave us a useful blueprint how Chelsea can be beaten. Very curious how Rodgers sets us up tactically in both games. Don't think we are going to see an end of the 3 CB's, which is disappointing, but we may concede more of the possession in an attempt to win it back and break fast. We need a vintage Vardy running the channels in both games and a Maddison at his season best if we are to be successful IMO

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Villa have impressed me at times this season but you'd expect Chelsea to do enough there and agree on WBA/Palace. Burnley are a Jekyll & Hyde team, just hope they are having one of those good days against Liverpool. 

Arsenal gave us a useful blueprint how Chelsea can be beaten. Very curious how Rodgers sets us up tactically in both games. Don't think we are going to see an end of the 3 CB's, which is disappointing, but we may concede more of the possession in an attempt to win it back and break fast. We need a vintage Vardy running the channels in both games and a Maddison at his season best if we are to be successful IMO

I just think we are absolutely terrible in the 5 atb and will struggle hard in the system vs any decent team. The Man Utd kids barely pressed us yet still scored out of the only small threat we have.

We look poor , we look vulnerable and we haven’t played a good game since Sheffield Utd in the system.

I get we don’t have Barnes and it appears he don’t trust attacking without him but Vards looks no threat and Nacho needs to pull a miracle like this.

Against a very tough to break down Chelsea team who are exactly the type of team who don’t give much at the back but don’t attack that great either, 5 atb just plays into their hands.

Going for it more pressures them, 5atb would blunt out attack and give them the type of game that’s a free roll(never going to concede, try and knick a goal vs our defence and if they score first we are NEVER breaking them down).

Our only chance realistically is somehow scoring first and sh*thousing it, it’s a long shot and it feels like we will need a miracle.