Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

This doesn't add up to me. We play Chelsea having beaten them twice this season needing only a draw to stay in a strong position. 

Our last fixture is more difficult.

• Haha 1

We are going to need a ruthless streak, mental and physical strength and a bit of luck to get past Chelsea. I do think Chelsea look worried when we go forward but we need to keep them at bay including Chilwell who made a difference when he came on. Needing something against a counter attacking side like Spurs on the last day spells trouble IMO

• Sad 1

The match at Spurs is going to be tough, too, since Spurs will be fighting for a EL spot, (vs West Ham) probs - (unless Chelsea finish 5th, in which case both of them could have it).  We really need to beat Chelsea!

EDIT: too many permutations! :P

Edited by PhillippaT

38 minutes ago, sdb said:

Ffs. That Alisson goal is up there with the Newcastle game in terms of feeling sick. 

Absolutely must get a result Tuesday night...

Don't forget the missed Aguerro penalty and Man Utd's pathetic display against Liverpool. 

Felt gutted for a few mins then just watched Youri's screamer to win us the FA cup and all is good again.

Gonna try and switch off from the top 4 race until the Chelsea game - the waiting around for results is far more nerve racking than the cup final was!

Edited by turlo
  • Like 2

Top 6 two years running + FA Cup. Not too shabby at all.

Oh wait. We are still 3rd and just a team we beat yesterday and our favourite London challengers at home (Now with added fans)  left to play

We good. :scarf:

• Like 2

Just now, ozvaldo said:

If Chelsea finish in the top 4 and we end up 5th, will we still get a CL place because the finalists will already be in the top 4? 
(Do they open up another place, in order to replace the place for this year’s CL winner?) 

Nope. Only if they win and finish 5th does 5th place qualify.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ozvaldo said:

If Chelsea finish in the top 4 and we end up 5th, will we still get a CL place because the finalists will already be in the top 4? 
(Do they open up another place, in order to replace the place for this year’s CL winner?) 

You’re clearly a troll, nice try though 

1 minute ago, ozvaldo said:

No. It only opens an extra space if Chelsea win the CL and finish 5th, but won't apply to us if we finish 5th.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

And there will be 10k fans screaming them on ......

I mean if their fans are anything like yesterday I think we’ll probably need fake crowd noise. Definitely wouldn’t call it screaming lol

Edited by peach0000
  • Like 2

It's been a fantastic season no doubt. Yesterday just signed everything off. We will finish 5th at worst but unfortunately I think that will be us. Chelsea will beat us and Liverpool will overtake us too, they just have a knack of winning even when not playing well.

It will be extremely disappointing to be in a Top 4 place for 95% of two seasons but not finish there in either of them.

I think missing Top 4 will be huge for the clubs future. It really is the difference between continuing to be competitive and starting to drop back off. I am sure we will regularly be able to compete for Europe and mix it with the Top 10 but I think the last 2 years were great opportunities to get CL football in a poor league. The points tally for Top 4 is normally much higher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1