Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

11 minutes ago, TonyN11 said:

Not quite.

If we beat Chelsea and lose to Spurs we'll have 69 points. If Liverpool win all 3 they will have 69 points and a better goal difference (unless we beat Chelsea by 7 or 8 goals+

So we would finish 4th but, if Chelsea win the CL then they take our place in next season's CL

That's not right if we get 4th and Chelsea get 5th and win the CL we all get to go.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Every club says it.

My Mam will say "typical Leicester" if we're a goal up and the opposition equalise in the last 5 minutes. She'll never mention the hundreds of times we've been a goal up in the last five minutes and hang on to a win.

Same thing with the 'Ever Obliging' thing, although we balanced that with a thread about everyone being similar! :)

36 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Anyone worrying about next week instead of tomorrow is a classic example of living your life with your head up your harris.

Live in the moment, otherwise it'll pass you by before you know it. 

WE ARE IN A FCUKIN FA CUP FINAL!!!!

I'm trying to get through the day sensibly, tomorrow's huge. I was worked up on Tuesday and will be even more so for this, trust me. 

Winning on Tuesday would seal it, but a draw would be huge too. Keeps it in our hands and would ensure we'd start the final day in third. Absolutely massive game. There are just so many permutations though, it's difficult to say who is most likely to get over the line. One thing I will say is that I think last night's result makes it very very difficult for West Ham and it's probably 2 from 3 now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Think he was thinking of us versus West Brom in the home game that season.

I was in a similar boat, Tottenham looked like The Terminator at this point and looking at our last three fixture of Everton(h) and Man Utd (a) & Chelsea (a) I was worried. Guess what though, Tottenham blew up at the business end and in the end made it looked like a cakewalk for us by the end of the season looking at the table. Liverpool have been really ordinary for half the season and you can't discount that Liverpool turning up again.

If we don't make CL then cest la vie but what I didn't want us to do is surrender meekly. We've just won away at Man Utd when only three points would do. If we fail from this point onwards I won't say we bottled it or failed just that we fell a touch short by the end. Losing away at Chelsea or not beating Tottenham at home can happen to any team in the world. We're Leicester City, we aren't supposed to guarantee CL football with two or three games still to go.

Though we couldn't know it at the time, we'd won the title at Sunderland, with 5 games left to play.

I wouldn't rule out our having done enough already, but Liverpool's fixtures are all 'should wins'.

1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Though we couldn't know it at the time, we'd won the title at Sunderland, with 5 games left to play.

I wouldn't rule out our having done enough already, but Liverpool's fixtures are all 'should wins'.

I doubt we've done it already as I don't see Liverpool dropping points in more than 1 of the last 3 games so therefore even them losing 1 game means we need a point due to goal difference.

26 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Liverpool got 1W1D1L (4pts) from the reverse fixtures of their three remaining opponents so far this season.

They could get 9pts, but I doubt it.

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

Danger with a draw with chelsea would be that spurs could be 3 points behind chelsea going into final game. And all out for the win v us, if Chelsea did lose at villa. But that would only be the case if liverpool win their next 2 and get to 66 before final game, and we would also be on 66. But if liverpool fail to win both games, and we draw with Chelsea, and spurs win next 2, they still have a chance of top 4.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, lcfcfoz said:

Danger with a draw with chelsea would be that spurs could be 3 points behind chelsea going into final game. And all out for the win v us, if Chelsea did lose at villa. But that would only be the case if liverpool win their next 2 and get to 66 before final game, and we would also be on 66. But if liverpool fail to win both games, and we draw with Chelsea, and spurs win next 2, they still have a chance of top 4.

One thing that is apparent after watching the Liverpool match last night is that elite level sport is a jungle. You have to go and take what you want for yourself, if you rely on others doing it for you you will probably fail.

In the jungle you have to go and catch your own dinner, no one is going to bring it to you.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

One thing that is apparent after watching the Liverpool match last night is that elite level sport is a jungle. You have to go and take what you want for yourself, if you rely on others doing it for you you will probably fail.

In the jungle you have to go and catch your own dinner, no one is going to bring it to you.

Your post reminded me of this gem! 

Capture.JPG

• Haha 1

so as long, leicester, chelsea and liverpool fill the positions 3-5th we all go into the champs league (based on the Man city/chelsea CL final outcome)

as long as no one lets spurs or west ham into that group (i dont mind WH but not at the expense of us of course!)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, polarbear said:

so as long, leicester, chelsea and liverpool fill the positions 3-5th we all go into the champs league (based on the Man city/chelsea CL final outcome)

as long as no one lets spurs or west ham into that group (i dont mind WH but not at the expense of us of course!)

No we dont, the only way we all get into the champions league is if Chelsea win the CL and finish 5th. If leicester finish 5th, we do not get into the champions league.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

No we dont, the only way we all get into the champions league is if Chelsea win the CL and finish 5th. If leicester finish 5th, we do not get into the champions league.

Life would be so much easier if @polarbearwas right and you were wrong. :cry:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Top 4 could be a Tight Fit

18 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Big Sam "We need to try and finish above Fulham and as strong as we can with some pride in our performances."

Park the bus against Liverpool!!!

Hopefully Big Sam is 2015/16's Tony Pulis for Leicester City. :cool:

19 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Hopefully Big Sam is 2015/16's Tony Pulis for Leicester City. :cool:

A Big Sam team who doesn't have to win, and is happy with a battling 0-0 against a top 4 side, is a very dangerous thing IMO. Burnley could be the same. These are the teams that are sometimes the toughest to beat, when you really need that win but are up against 11 men behind the ball! Chelsea will be nervy too, especially if they concede first in either