Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

Its not going to be easy but nothing is done and dusted yet.

I remember in our title season spurs 2-0 up HT vs WBA and dominant in the game.  I was depressed wondering where spurs were going to drop points.

FT 2-2 WBA put in cup final performance, post match interview their manager reveals he told the players they owed it for a fair title race to get off the beach and put in a performance.

Hopefully Burnley and co have a similar mindset.

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
9 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I remember in our title season spurs 2-0 up HT vs WBA and dominant in the game.  I was depressed wondering where spurs were going to drop points.

FT 2-2 WBA put in cup final performance, post match interview their manager reveals he told the players they owed it for a fair title race to get off the beach and put in a performance.

Was that Pulis? Think he came out after they drew with us and said they’d love us to go on and win it. Might be misremembering.

These teams also have a bit of pride on the line, and WBA getting confirmed relegated might lift the shackles as we often see. The media are also calling it three easy games for Liverpool now and we’ll see if that gets anyone fired up.

It’s really hard to know tbh. The one certainty we have is that we need to avoid defeat against Chelsea to keep it in our hands heading into the final day. There would be nothing worse than losing to Chelsea, but beating Spurs only to lose out on goal difference.

It really does make it two cup finals against Chelsea in a bizarre twist of fate. Like I said earlier, win one or the other and it’s a good season. Win both and it’s dreamland. Lose both and it has the potential to be a huge disappointment, but I’ve got the faith that won’t happen.

Come on you foxes!

8 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Watching us since the international break with a 2 wins 1 draw 3 losses record in the league would suggest otherwise.

Liverpool are in far better form and look much stronger since Fabinho has gone back into midfield.

Its not impossible we ‘could’ of won but watching us the previous 2 weeks and watching us struggle as usual vs that poor 11..logic would say it’s unlikely and we got a massive favour.

Liverpool looked excellent last night and looked like the machine that got 99pts last season.

However they've won just under half their PL games this season, don't discount a toothless performance in one the last three games. Failure to win the last three probably loses them top four and I would make them a 50/50 shot at best to win their remaining games.

Chelsea are in a similar boat, lose to us and it's over for them as far as we care anyway. Even if they beat us they still have to go to Jack Grealish's Villa away and win to guarantee it.

We're the ones who can afford a slip, even if Liverpool win their next two and we lose to Chelsea the table looks like this on the final day (assuming all wins by one goal).

Chelsea 67 +23

Liverpool 66 +22

--------------------

Leicester 66 +20

Aston Villa vs Chelsea

Leicester vs Tottenham

Liverpool vs Crystal Palace

And that's worst case scenario for us when the last three matches have all gone against us.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Pretty sure it was 1-1. You might have conflated the event with Spurs vs Chelsea. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Yeah Burnley are the only hope. The problem is even with 67 we’ll need 2 draws or a win.

I can’t see how they won’t beat palace and West Brom almost 100% of the time and how Chelsea won’t beat Villa.

I honestly think we will have to either go draw win or just outright win at the bridge to make it I think.

Betting markets imply they beat West Brom 79% of the time, certainly not a given.

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Pretty sure it was 1-1. You might have conflated the event with Spurs vs Chelsea. 

Think he was thinking of us versus West Brom in the home game that season.

I was in a similar boat, Tottenham looked like The Terminator at this point and looking at our last three fixture of Everton(h) and Man Utd (a) & Chelsea (a) I was worried. Guess what though, Tottenham blew up at the business end and in the end made it looked like a cakewalk for us by the end of the season looking at the table. Liverpool have been really ordinary for half the season and you can't discount that Liverpool turning up again.

If we don't make CL then cest la vie but what I didn't want us to do is surrender meekly. We've just won away at Man Utd when only three points would do. If we fail from this point onwards I won't say we bottled it or failed just that we fell a touch short by the end. Losing away at Chelsea or not beating Tottenham at home can happen to any team in the world. We're Leicester City, we aren't supposed to guarantee CL football with two or three games still to go.

45 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It always is mate. Leicester never do things easily! (Apart from 2016)

Is this saying really true? I keep seeing it mentioned it everywhere.

When we won promotion from League 1 and Championship it was an absolute breeze and we won with big leads and games to spare. Likewise when we won the Premier League.

First and foremost I just want to get it out there that I love my football club....probably a lot more than I should. It's a love hate relationship with the contrast between winning losing dictating my mood for days!!

I am proud to be a Leicester City supporter and love reflecting on our achievements over the past 30 years no more than 2015/16. I was there at Yeovil/Bristol Rovers away and then at the KP for the Porto Champions League match so appreciate just how far we've come over the past decade. Win or lose all I ever ask for is 100% effort from everyone involved in the club. The next 10 days dictates whether it becomes the 2nd best season in our clubs history or whether we are left thinking again of what could have been. We may not have the most money, the most fans, the biggest stadium or the global fanbase but one thing I've always felt w have had is a togetherness and a never say die spirit that has got us over the line on so many occasions...think Claridge 96 and 97....Ulloa v West Ham 2016...the great escape 2015....we've always dug deep when we've needed to and right now that is exactly the message I would be getting across to the players. Dig deep and find that extra 10% from somewhere....anywhere....wear the clubs colours with pride knowing we have the best owners and most loyal fans in the world....we may be the underdog but that's just how we like it....don't fade into the shadows....stand in the light....be fearless. Foxes never quit!!

• Like 1

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Is this saying really true? I keep seeing it mentioned it everywhere.

When we won promotion from League 1 and Championship it was an absolute breeze and we won with big leads and games to spare. Likewise when we won the Premier League.

Every club says it.

My Mam will say "typical Leicester" if we're a goal up and the opposition equalise in the last 5 minutes. She'll never mention the hundreds of times we've been a goal up in the last five minutes and hang on to a win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Liverpool were massively helped last night by Dean Henderson having a shocker for all the goals and Man Utd playing a high line and being all over the place, be completely different when they come up against a Burnley / West Brom deep block

Although they are unbeaten in six, that includes draws against Leeds and Newcastle where they conceded late, and a win against Villa which needed a late winner

Liverpools defence can be got at, with how this season has gone it won’t be as straight forward as people think, there is always a surprise that pops up

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Wakeyfox said:

Am I being too simplistic here?

Surely all we need to do is win at Chelsea next week and who does what out of all of the other games is irrelevant?

Not quite.

If we beat Chelsea and lose to Spurs we'll have 69 points. If Liverpool win all 3 they will have 69 points and a better goal difference (unless we beat Chelsea by 7 or 8 goals+

So we would finish 4th but, if Chelsea win the CL then they take our place in next season's CL

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TonyN11 said:

Not quite.

If we beat Chelsea and lose to Spurs we'll have 69 points. If Liverpool win all 3 they will have 69 points and a better goal difference (unless we beat Chelsea by 7 or 8 goals+

So we would finish 4th but, if Chelsea win the CL then they take our place in next season's CL

No they don’t... Chelsea won’t take our place. Arsenal would have had to win the EL for 4th spot to lose a CL place 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

I can see Liverpool drawing one of their last three, but even then we've got to make sure we win one of ours.

I've never known a season when something so huge gets within touching distance but is then snatched away so many times in such a short period of time. So many "if only" moments over the last few weeks that could have put this to bed.

God it's agonising.

Tuesday night is going to be a tension-fest.