Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Yeah realised my mistake. I fancy us to beat Spurs last game regardless 

I'd take a loss now if someone said it would be an irrelevant match by the time we play.

The game tonight is so pivotal for CL places. Liverpool winning tonight would really throw the cat amongst the pigeons. If they lose then one of the chasing pack outside the top four need a perfect set of results to go their way between now and the end of the season.

12 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah realised my mistake. I fancy us to beat Spurs last game regardless 

The danger is, if Arsenhole and Spuds are vying for a Europa League place.  Then this game becomes a great deal harder.  Hopefully we go into the last game with a UCL place sealed.

First phase is for Manure to do Klopperpool tonight. Slowly slowly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

The danger is, if Arsenhole and Spuds are vying for a Europa League place.  Then this game becomes a great deal harder.  Hopefully we go into the last game with a UCL place sealed.

First phase is for Manure to do Klopperpool tonight. Slowly slowly.

I'm all honesty I just hope we're fully focused on Saturday. Still our most important remaining game by a country mile for me 

39 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Us, Liverpool and Chelsea can all make Top 4 based on their own results (however, it can only be one of us or Chelsea that does it on own merit as we play each other). West Ham, Everton and Spurs need results from others to go in their favour. Quite an interesting scenario.

However, by the time we get round to playing Chelsea, all that could have changed again. Before we play again, Everton will play twice, Liverpool will play twice, West Ham will play once and Spurs will play once.

Thank you - yes, @foxfanazer caught me up earlier too. Beat Chelsea, and it all goes away, of course :) 

• Like 1

Good time to do a maximum points table but Leicester with actual points. I'm not too bothered if this doesn't need updating after the Villa vs Everton match but as long as it needs updating by just after 10pm.

Chelsea 70pts

Liverpool 69pts

---------------------------

West Ham 67pts

Everton 67pts

Leicester 66pts (Conference)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Good time to do a maximum points table but Leicester with actual points. I'm not too bothered if this doesn't need updating after the Villa vs Everton match but as long as it needs updating by just after 10pm.

Chelsea 70pts

Liverpool 69pts

---------------------------

West Ham 67pts

Everton 67pts

Leicester 66pts (Conference)

So bloody close!

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

So bloody close!

We're all Manchester United today.

If they win then other clubs would need us to lose all our remaining games whilst they win all their remaining games.

A draw could potentially leave us needing 2 pts so a couple of draws or a win.

A Liverpool win is squeaky bum time and just complicates the whole thing even more.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Massive game tonight, come on United! Be nice if Villa could get something as well, even a draw would mean Everton can't catch us.

I didn't realise Liverpool had 4 games in 10 days btw, that's tough for them, will surely not win all of them.

It's all about tonight for Liverpool, win tonight and they need to win their last three and they will fancy themselves with their remaining fixtures.

West Brom (a)

Burnley (a)

Crystal Palace (h)

We could do with this almost done by tonight.

• Like 2

Guest Bert Fill
12 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Thank you - yes, @foxfanazer caught me up earlier too. Beat Chelsea, and it all goes away, of course :) 

Exactly!

All we have to do to have a phenomenal season is win two games against Chelsea in four days. Win either one of them and we’ve had a truly great season. Lose them both and we’ll almost certainly still have a chance to have a pretty darned successful season.

Worst case scenario and we’ve had a season that - well, if you’d told me when we got relegated to the third tier, or when we seemed endlessly stuck in the lower reaches of the second tier, or when making the play-offs seemed the very most we could ever hope for, that in not too many years we’d be bitterly disappointed to finish fifth and have reached the cup final, I’d have thougnt you were crazy.

Come on you blue boys, gerrin to ‘em and eff them up.

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We're all Manchester United today.

If they win then other clubs would need us to lose all our remaining games whilst they win all their remaining games.

A draw could potentially leave us needing 2 pts so a couple of draws or a win.

A Liverpool win is squeaky bum time and just complicates the whole thing even more.

Man U thrashing Liverpool by 3 or 4 would be perfect!

Get there GD down!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I would absolutely love for Liverpool to finish 7th and be in the Conference League. They probably wont even turn up.

He’d just take his bat and ball home and send the under 23’s. Guarantee it. 

Liverpool really need it, United are missing Maguire, it has swung a bit towards Liverpool for me :dunno: and if they do it I'm sure they'll go on to get their maximum points. Can't believe I'll be cheering on Utd tonight, yanited cha cha cha  :chant: and all that, praying for the token dodgy penalty for Ratty (although Liverpool have a habit of that too). At least they will have 98 minutes to outscore Liverpool that's one benefit of being a United fan.

8 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Chelsea league.  No-brainer.

Unless waiting for the final match means he's going to be that little bit more ready, but you didn't specify that.

If in doubt just close your eyes and put your fingers in your ear and I find the problem doesn't exist then 🤣

Think I'll pass that on to Brendan in case it's of help 😁

Chelsea have made a bit of a pigs ear of things haven't they? Still will fancy their chances of beating us on Wednesday and then beating Villa but they've put some undue pressure on themselves.

I'd sort have written them out of the equation and was almost hoping they won last night in the hope that Liverpool lose tonight and then we both could have played out a draw next week but this now gives us another qualifying option and one that's more in our hands than needing Liverpool to drop a certain amount of points.

With fans back next week it won't be easy but Chelsea aren't invincible. Knowing that a win does it might put more pressure on us than it does on them being struck with the knowledge that a loss for them puts them on the ropes, but it's very much GAME ON!

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Chelsea have made a bit of a pigs ear of things haven't they? Still will fancy their chances of beating us on Wednesday and then beating Villa but they've put some undue pressure on themselves.

I'd sort have written them out of the equation and was almost hoping they won last night in the hope that Liverpool lose tonight and then we both could have played out a draw next week but this now gives us another qualifying option and one that's more in our hands than needing Liverpool to drop a certain amount of points.

With fans back next week it won't be easy but Chelsea aren't invincible. Knowing that a win does it might put more pressure on us than it does on them being struck with the knowledge that a loss for them puts them on the ropes, but it's very much GAME ON!

I think the good thing about the Chelsea game (which is definitely Tuesday) is that a draw is good enough for us but not for Chelsea. They simply have to go for a win and it could potentially open the game up for us that little bit especially if we can keep them out for as long as possible. No doubt yesterday's result helped us.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think the good thing about the Chelsea game (which is definitely Tuesday) is that a draw is good enough for us but not for Chelsea. They simply have to go for a win and it could potentially open the game up for us that little bit especially if we can keep them out for as long as possible. No doubt yesterday's result helped us.

I think the best thing to do would be have a bit of a protest outside stamford bridge and the players hotel and get the game delayed so there is a bit more rest time.