Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Voll Blau

Before Your Time XI

Don't think I could do a whole first XI  but Banks and Chandler are the two players my Mum and grandparents talked about watching live. I just missed out on Tommy Wright and Iwan Roberts who always look like proper cult hero players.

Edited by bovril
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

The sad death of Frank Worthington has got me thinking which City players I'd really want to see from "before my time". Who makes your XI of Leicester legends you were never old enough to watch in the flesh?

Here's mine...

Gordon Banks

Adam Black
Graham Cross
Matt Gillies

Sep Smith
Andy Peake
Don Revie
Keith Weller

Frank Worthington
Arthur Rowley
Gary Lineker

This is pretty much mine too.  But I saw Lineker and Peake, so I'd replace them with Arthur Chandler and Mike Stringfellow.  At least until someone reminds who else I could have chosen!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

The sad death of Frank Worthington has got me thinking which City players I'd really want to see from "before my time". Who makes your XI of Leicester legends you were never old enough to watch in the flesh?

Here's mine...

Gordon Banks

Adam Black
Graham Cross
Matt Gillies

Sep Smith
Andy Peake
Don Revie
Keith Weller

Frank Worthington
Arthur Rowley
Gary Lineker

I’d say this is about spot on for me as well. Although I’d have Gary McCallister instead of Andy Peake. Of course I’ve seen McCallister play, just not for us. 

36 minutes ago, Bert said:

I’d say this is about spot on for me as well. Although I’d have Gary McCallister instead of Andy Peake. Of course I’ve seen McCallister play, just not for us. 

Yeah I came to the conclusion that's why I couldn't include him too - hence picking Peake. My fault for being too harsh with my own rules.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I had you down as a similar age to me. Obviously not. I saw Gary Mac play albeit briefly he was a rolls Royce of a player bit like Esteban he made it all look so easy, natural and played at his own pace.

Was absolutely no surprise to me when he rocked up at Liverpool later into his career and helped then to a cup treble 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I had you down as a similar age to me. Obviously not. I saw Gary Mac play albeit briefly he was a rolls Royce of a player bit like Esteban he made it all look so easy, natural and played at his own pace.

Was absolutely no surprise to me when he rocked up at Liverpool later into his career and helped then to a cup treble 

Pal for clarity I’m 33 

32 minutes ago, murphy said:

I'm not really bothered, I think our old boys would seem very pedestrian compared to the flashing blades of today.

I'm not sure mahrez would have fancied filbert st. Yet alone the baseball ground potatoe field. 

4 hours ago, murphy said:

I'm not really bothered, I think our old boys would seem very pedestrian compared to the flashing blades of today.

How flashing would they be playing with the tackling pitches   and the old ball playing more matches inferior medical treatment and not being rested

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

Banks/Shilton

Whitworth

Cross

Gillies

Nish

Weller

Izzet

Gibson

Lineker

Chandler

Worthington

I don’t think it’d be very balanced but gets most of our greats in.

Izzet was my favourite player growing up but looking back I think Lennon was better. One of our best players of that era.