Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 0-2 Man City - Post-Match Thread

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

To not rate Amartey is fine. There are justifiable reasons to have this opinion.

To invent a reason for why he was at fault for a goal using an out of context still image as evidence should be challenged. You should be secure enough in your reasons for not rating Amartey without creating fiction to support your narrative.

It seems like the extent of your analysis is that because Amartey was the starting RCB he should have stopped the left full back from scoring. It bears no resemblance to what was actually happening on the pitch, and why, in that passage of play. It's an incredibly basic (and wrong) reading of the situation, to put it politely.

It’s a completely obvious reading of the situation for those who want to read it. I’ve explained why. 

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We’re going round in circles and it’s tedious. I’ve looked back again at the stills and remain having no idea why Amartey was where he was when the ball came across. There was no need to be, Evans was right be his side. 
Mendy must have thought it was his birthday. Utterly crap positioning 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHyg1esGMEM

Go to the video and freeze at 1.13. Evans is ahead of Amartey and is heading towards the ball. Amartey is covering Aguero, not Jesus as I said earlier. If anything, Tielemans should be watching Jesus and Albrighton is then left to cover Mendy. Or maybe, at that point, they didn't consider Mendy a problem given the play was exclusively on the other side of the pitch?

It just isn't Amartey's fault at all.

I can tell you as a playing centre back exactly what Amartey is doing. He’s dealing with the immediate danger.

If he keeps his position as you say Col, it gives a nice and easy inside pass to the middle of 18 yrd box/penalty spot with no delay. He tucks in which means a harder pass/cross which can hopefully delay it enough that Albrighton and Tielemans sort themselves. It nearly works because Tielemans is inches away from flicking the ball as a clearance. 

We’ve been here before - where you tried to label Palace’s goal on him when it was Evans failing to stop the cross and Tielemans (I think) inability to defend at the back post. Whilst compounded by Schmeichel’s poor attempt at a save. Then again we’ve had the shouts of Cattermole and Emmanuel Thomas, which were great scouting shouts in retrospective (both respectively playing in Holland and Scotland these days, let alone the Championship) 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I can tell you as a playing centre back exactly what Amartey is doing. He’s dealing with the immediate danger.

If he keeps his position as you say Col, it gives a nice and easy inside pass to the middle of 18 yrd box/penalty spot with no delay. He tucks in which means a harder pass/cross which can hopefully delay it enough that Albrighton and Tielemans sort themselves. It nearly works because Tielemans is inches away from flicking the ball as a clearance. 

We’ve been here before - where you tried to label Palace’s goal on him when it was Evans failing to stop the cross and Justin’s inability to defend his back post. Whilst compounded by Schmeichel’s poor attempt at a save. Then again we’ve had the shouts of Cattermole and Emmanuel Thomas, which were great scouting shouts in retrospective (both respectively playing in Holland and Scotland these days, let alone the Championship) 

I’d forgotten about the palace goal.. a pattern definitely emerges doesn’t it. Defensive chaos. 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’d forgotten about the palace goal.. a pattern definitely emerges doesn’t it. Defensive chaos. 

Yeah the Palace goal where Amartey perfectly marked Benteke and had a very good game against an opposition player who traditionally likes a goal against us. 

Well if you want to look at our worse, I suggest a look at the goals we conceded against Leeds and Arsenal. Organisationally a shambles. In part caused by Evans being a step too deep 

• Like 1

Fair play to pep. Stopped up from having the chance to shithouse the game by playing an extra defensive player.

They're so far ahead of us in terms of ability that the result isn't a problem. The way we rolled over and let them tickle our tummy was a bit crap though.

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah the Palace goal where Amartey perfectly marked Benteke and had a very good game against an opposition player who traditionally likes a goal against us. 

Well if you want to look at our worse, I suggest a look at the goals we conceded against Leeds and Arsenal. Organisationally a shambles. In part caused by Evans being a step too deep 

Is this the Benteke who’s scored about three goals in 10 years? So now Evans is the problem?

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I'm not having a dig at you personally. I enjoy your Contribution but there is no way you can watch that 2nd man City goal and think its amarteys fault. You must be the only person on here that thinks that. 

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....am I missing something here, this comment does not make sense!!!

I believe he is suggesting our next two games against them will be at Wembley.

The FA Cup final, I infer from his post he thinks we will win the FA Cup and this play them again in the Charity Shield at Wembley to start next season.

• Like 1

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

I'm not having a dig at you personally. I enjoy your Contribution but there is no way you can watch that 2nd man City goal and think its amarteys fault. You must be the only person on here that thinks that. 

I’m the only person on here who will SAY that. That’s the difference.

And I’ve never blamed Amartey for the goal. You’ve assumed it. Due to your own bias. I asked the question wtf was he doing there? In my opinion, completely out of position.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Is this the Benteke who’s scored about three goals in 10 years? So now Evans is the problem?

Yes that player, Benteke who’ve traditionally struggled as part of a Palace attack what have scored three, four and five against us in recent seasons. 

Evans has had poor games, yes. I don’t foresee a team’s defensive performances set on just one player. It’s normally a catalogue of which Evans is a part of. As said ‘in part’ 

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

You can if you have a Trump-like ability to bypass the facts to emphasise a point. 

I don't even rate Amartey myself, but to blame him for that is misguided, toxic, weird. I could go on.

Edited by Nod.E

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

He may be a smashing fella off the pitch but wtf was Amartey doing over there? He was defending Evans position and left Mendy completely unmarked? Again, Tielemans was left marking two players. 
Soyuncu was very much missed today 

Cue a back-lash... but it’s true 

Yes Col....you aren’t blaming Amartey for it. 

Even without explaining the position, that’s before we get to the point that Albrighton’s direct opponent was Mendy whereas Amartey’s was Jesus 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

And I’ve never blamed Amartey for the goal. You’ve assumed it. Due to your own bias. I asked the question wtf was he doing there? In my opinion, completely out of position.

And therefore apportioning blame.

Put the bong down pal. Give your head a wobble. Maybe go for a late night walk. 

• Haha 1

The thing is you're going round in circles debating one moment in the game but if you sit back that much without genuine quality on the ball when you do have it - you'll eventually concede to them anyway. 

Going over and over the goal they eventually were always going to get is futile. We lost because they were better.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You said, verbatim, that he left Mendy, the goalscorer, completely unmarked.

How is that not blaming him?

Unless you're now suggesting there are mitigating factors for him to be positioned where he is? In which case, what are they?

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yes Col....you aren’t blaming Amartey for it 

It was a perfectly clear question. It’s not my fault you’ve wanted to become Woody Allen. 
Right, another interesting debate to be had. I don’t for one moment back down from my suggestion of the level of hypocrisy on here. It’s smelly

Night all

It was a perfectly clear question. It’s not my fault you’ve wanted to become Woody Allen. 
Right, another interesting debate to be had. I don’t for one moment back down from my suggestion of the level of hypocrisy on here. It’s smelly

Night all

:wes:

• Haha 1