Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 0-2 Man City - Post-Match Thread

We lost that game in the midweek tactics meeting. Yeah we played averagely in possession. But we sat so deep in shape, that there was no space to move forwards with the ball when we got it. BR has tried these tactics a few times against big boys. Whilst the odd result ensues. It's really regressive football that chucks our talent in the bin for 90 mins. I'd love to know what his tactics would be if we had our strongest/fittest 11. My instinct tells me it might not be much different.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Any reason wilf went off fkrnthe last couple of mins? 

No injury i hope....

I presumed with the game gone, Wilf on a yellow and the likes of De Bruyne, Jesus and Sterling throwing themselves around and in the refs ear asking for cards it was a sensible precaution to ensure he's available for next game(s) unless there was a knock. Jesus kept gesturing for cards every time he was fouled, the irony is it was his team mate Fernandinho who miraculously got through the game on just one yellow.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Any reason wilf went off fkrnthe last couple of mins? 

No injury i hope....

BR had a chat with him when he came off and Ndidi seemed to nod his head in agreement so it’s probably just to prevent a second yellow and suspension 

• Like 1

Guest ttfn
2 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I feel like the FA cup final will be a repeat of what happened to watford a few years back. No way we beat these.

Firstly we haven’t got to the FA Cup Final yet, that in itself would be a huge achievement for the club.

Secondly you’d hope we learn the lessons from today. We were far too passive and gave them nothing to worry about. The counter attack worked at the Etihad because they were frightened by Barnes’ pace. Without him we can’t play like that against teams like this, we have to be braver.

I didn t expect us to go go toe to toe, but a Team with Top 4 aspirirations...shouldnt Play with the tail between their legs....

Indifferent to how strong Man.City are, we still should of gave them a better game,and be more prepared to be on the front-foot and Feel confident enough to play Quick ball...

If We profess to be better than Manutd/W.Ham...then We should of presented ourselves just has Good as These 2...

We were too heavy on the backfoot..We played too much, Too often, too long a periods along the bline...

Nacho , Vardy & Perez were too far apart...being under the cosh was probably expected, But we didnt chose a Channel to consistently attack or push the ball to those chosen channels, meaning we lost far too  quickly any chance to create momentum..

We were too Content to be too passive..

Tielemans had no chance of Relief nor respite...Ndidi often turned into trouble,and bline didn t even try/force any out-ball

If seems we were already mentality prepared to Let the excuses to do our talking....I thought the Run of this season should of given us enough, to Show more

belief ,confidence with a sprinkle of arrogance...!!!

I do believe today we got it wrong...though playing like I suggest, would not necessay have seen a better outcome,

but would of  made manager,Team & fans Feel better..Sometimes taking a bigger risk  can bring other mental-spread & confidence values into the Run in..!!

Today we didnt seem we didn t want to learn anything...& that has Left me Empty for the First Time in these 2 seasons...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

They're niggly fouls annoy me so very much they are so obvious, fernandinho probably got away with 3 clear yellow card offences. They're absolute quality but the ugly side of their game really winds me up. 

Did anyone else feel that de bruyne had a little kick at Big Dan .....and the clutching of the head was to try and throw VAR off the scent? And how de bruyne left one in kn tielemans. Cnt.

Appalling how the ref let de bruyne inform him of what decisions to make. That free kick in the first half being the worst. 

And I've booked that cnt fernadihnho for the little waist pull on tielmans to prevent a quick free kick. 

Why don't refs stamp on this shite? If Burnley did it refs would be all over it.

• Like 4

Guest ttfn
14 minutes ago, Corky said:

De Bruyne the latest to dig about our "negativity".

Some ****ing front this bunch have got. They spent hundreds of millions to build a world-class squad, attract the best manager, in the process taking your best player, break the game up and stop you playing by grabbing, pulling, swiping to prevent attacks then lecture you about how to play football.

Sadly it feeds into a narrative berks like Jamie Redknapp are all too happy to follow.

13 of the 14 players they used today cost £27m or more. The one player who didn’t played for 2 minutes.

By contrast, we had 3 players who cost that much (Tielemans, Fofana and Perez). 

Schmeichel, Amartey, Evans, Albrighton and Vardy combined cost less than half of Manchester City’s cheapest player (excl. Foden).

Edited by ttfn

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Did anyone else feel that de bruyne had a little kick at Big Dan .....and the clutching of the head was to try and throw VAR off the scent? And how de bruyne left one in kn tielemans. Cnt.

Appalling how the ref let de bruyne inform him of what decisions to make. That free kick in the first half being the worst. 

And I've booked that cnt fernadihnho for the little waist pull on tielmans to prevent a quick free kick. 

Why don't refs stamp on this shite? If Burnley did it refs would be all over it.

I Hope Next season. Tielemans & Ndidi learn also how to Work the ref, or Open their mouths

as soon as  De Bruyne/other oppo-mouth-pieces start doing their shit..

• Like 1

Guest ttfn
2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

14 of the 15 players they used today cost £27m or more. The one player who didn’t played for 2 minutes.

By contrast, we had 3 players who cost that much (Tielemans, Fofana and Perez). 

Schmeichel, Amartey, Evans, Albrighton and Vardy combined cost less than half of Manchester City’s cheapest player (excl. Foden).

In fact the only one of the first 13 players they used today who wouldn’t have been our club record signing was Jesus.

3 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Liverpool have taken 3 points and 5 goals out of us today. West Ham, Everton and Spurs yet to play......free hit😂

Man City 2-1 West Ham

Everton 1-3 Man City

Man City 3-0 Spurs

Losing to the media darlings won't define our top 4 chances.

34 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I feel like the FA cup final will be a repeat of what happened to watford a few years back. No way we beat these.

we’ll possibly have a fit madders, Ricardo and soyuncu back so we’d at least have more of an outlet..

11 minutes ago, ttfn said:

In fact the only one of the first 13 players they used today who wouldn’t have been our club record signing was Jesus.

And to be clear, I don't have a major issue with it, it is the market we're in and until there's a spending cap those with the most will use their muscle, pay enormous fees and get the best players. It builds you the best team that plays the best football.

To have a go at the rest is (ironically) cheap. It's like us in the Championship in 2013/14, when clearly the top team, slagging off everyone else for not letting us play our natural game, even when we won comfortably.

• Like 1

Today's De Bruyne comments and Rodri's from September are probably an attempt to get into our players heads. They've struggled against us in recent fixtures and they find it easier when we lose discipline and have to chase the game.

It's their problem if they can't make it through our defence with their ridiculous attacking options; Bernardo Silva didn't even get on the pitch today, Sterling on the bench.

Take it as a compliment.

17 minutes ago, Corky said:

De Bruyne the latest to dig about our "negativity".

Some ****ing front this bunch have got. They spent hundreds of millions to build a world-class squad, attract the best manager, in the process taking your best player, break the game up and stop you playing by grabbing, pulling, swiping to prevent attacks then lecture you about how to play football.

Sadly it feeds into a narrative berks like Jamie Redknapp are all too happy to follow.

We haven't helped ourselves though. I've been bombarded, justifiably, with lovely chaps sending the standard 'well you lot didn't bother turning up, did you?' message. Fair enough, in truth. I thought we were meek, passive, never truly competitive. If we'd been a League One side enjoying our FA Cup day in the sun against the big boys, and that had been the display, I'd have felt like we never really gave ourselves a chance.

It was god awful crap. A massive gulf between two sides, and we can either buy into the favoured narrative that we just accept our inability to compete, or say - look, if we want to end this season well, then the bar has to be set a lot higher than that. Many poorer sides than us will give Man City a better game than that, regardless of whether Pep's men are at their best. And, unless we wake ourselves up, we'll drop points to sides way worse than Man City with performances as passive and negative as that.

I'm fairly confident that we'll raise our levels after today, and be way more positive against other teams. But it'd be way too easy to buy into the 'well, what can you do against such other-worldly class?' narrative, and thus kid ourselves that today's performance was something better than a straightforward no-show. We can give any side in the world a better contest than was offered up today.

As for Col singling out Amartey - I agree that he wasn't up to it, but I see no reason to focus on his performance. It was, from a tactical viewpoint, a textbook case of 'this is how you set up against a superior team and give yourself absolutely no chance of getting a result', so - as big a fan as I am of BR - I'd prefer to look at that before scapegoating anyone else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1