Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 0-2 Man City - Post-Match Thread

2 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I keep having visions of Albrighton being skinned by Mendy 😂. What a terrible goal to concede from that position.

Amartey's fault :ph34r:. Should have closed Mendy down and been on the line at the same time, and also blocked the initial cross too. 

• Haha 4

So much hindsight in this thread. Imagine if we’d taken the game to Man City and they’d picked us off.

Instead Rodgers went with a formula that has seen us pick up 16 points in 8 matches against the big six so far this season.

We defended well for the most part but struggled to create counter attacking opportunities. Partly due to Man City’s pressing and partly due to the wide players we had available.

• Like 4

I can't say I was surprised at the way BR set up. It made sense given the away game. Two differences and the second will have people hating me I think. Firstly ManC earlier in the year aren't the same team as now. They had major issues in defense and DM. That's been addressed by Pep. The second thing was VARDY. Yeah, I'm not blaming him or putting it all at his feet. But he bends that run earlier in the season imo. He would have been onside and slotted it away. We'd be one nil up. Vardy in form and reliable then they could practically avoid midfield, used Barnes (injured) after that and play it over the top or down the wings. Nacho (again no criticism of him) gets that ball (led to the Mads miss) and he's slow and alone. Vardy gets it and he's away attacking the defense. ManC starve possession, press hard, make it hard to play our usual game. So I don't think it was a bad strategy just that we didn't have the same players as the first game to implement properly. 

Chelsea losing eases the pain. But after all the optimism in the pre-match thread I checked out the BBC sports page and pundits were saying we were their favorites to win. And I knew we were f**********ked lol.  

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I said it before that he's dirty, and gets away with it, but I didn't realise how what a moaning cvnt he is. 

I can't stand players that give it out but can't take it like him. I know players like Vieira/Keane/Gerrard were dirty but at least they could take it and wouldn't get up and run to the referee every time someone accidentally touched them. It's as if De Brunye thinks he isn't allowed to be tackled. Knobhead. 

Unlike you to use such language Fox 92! You really don’t like him do you! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

So much hindsight in this thread. Imagine if we’d taken the game to Man City and they’d picked us off.

Instead Rodgers went with a formula that has seen us pick up 16 points in 8 matches against the big six so far this season.

We defended well for the most part but struggled to create counter attacking opportunities. Partly due to Man City’s pressing and partly due to the wide players we had available.

We seem to have a plan in these games to sit in, soak up the pressure in the first half then go in the second, as illustrated by Tielemans breaking forward twice and not quite finding the finish or a good block. A slightly better held run by Vardy and he's in before half-time.

Man City are never going to give you time and space to play. We'll have our own issues when West Brom, Crystal Palace and Newcastle turn up and sit deep- it's what happens when you play inferior teams and have better players. They just do it higher up the pitch. Many times we watch home games and bemoan the passive and laboured style but the opposition don't want to play your game.

And the point made about the persistent fouling and stopping quick free-kicks is relevant- how many potential attacks are prevented by that, too, when maybe they are not totally switched on?

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Apparently that's what they want you to do. KDB "Leicester didn't want to play football". I'm fed up of them spending £200m a season (minimum) and then not expecting oppositions to want to defend first. Arrogant pricks. 

Lost respect for him after watching that joke of a ‘man’ holding his face trying to get people sent off like a pr*ck. Hes a great player and he doesn’t need to do that, it’s a shame really.

He reminds of Zaha when he gets fouled he always has to try and act like a hard man when it’s not even a dirty foul.

Look at the difference with our players. Fernandinho actually ‘does’ Madders but Madders passive aggressively just moans to him, when in reality that dirty little ****er Fernandinho deserved a 2nd yellow for that and he’s got previous of being a c*nt(on Fabregas at Chelsea I remember him).

• Like 4

Shane we could nick a really horrible last min 1-0 win to really wind them up again. Such a good team but horrible shits as well. Amarty should have gave him a proper elbow at the end of the game watch him cry again 😂. Don’t think it will affect the confidence to much just before to start off well against West Ham. Good to have a few players coming back again for the next set of games. Still potential to be a great season and get a win against West Ham be hard to see us not get top 4 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Apparently that's what they want you to do. KDB "Leicester didn't want to play football". I'm fed up of them spending £200m a season (minimum) and then not expecting oppositions to want to defend first. Arrogant pricks. 

What irritates me the most about his statement is who the F' is he to determine what is or isn't football? Their style of play isn't the definition of football or even the defined best way to play football. And I know it's not an opinion held by 99% of pundits (who also like to espouse the view their style is the beautiful game) but 80% of the time I find their style deadly boring. I agree that the cheek to criticize teams not wanting to go toe to toe while having the resources and money ManC has blows my mind. If he wants parity why doesn't he drop his wages and go play for Fulham. He's deluded. 

• Like 3

Just now, Hoopla10 said:

What irritates me the most about his statement is who the F' is he to determine what is or isn't football? Their style of play isn't the definition of football or even the defined best way to play football. And I know it's not an opinion held by 99% of pundits (who also like to espouse the view their style is the beautiful game) but 80% of the time I find their style deadly boring. I agree that the cheek to criticize teams not wanting to go toe to toe while having the resources and money ManC has blows my mind. If he wants parity why doesn't he drop his wages and go play for Fulham. He's deluded. 

Agreed. As I always say, there's no right or wrong play to play football. If it gets results then do it how you wish. I like fast paced football on the floor, of course I do, but not every club can play like that and it helps when you have the best players to do it like they have. They spend to get the best players. Aguero is going so what's going to happen? They'll chuck £60m (minimum) on a replacement.

If the league was a level playing field I'd concede but it's not and summer after summer we have to watch Man City buy whoever they want and potentially even take our best players.

• Like 1

I think we should take it as a massive compliment that they felt they had to literally hack down our players with a range of dangerous tackles throughout the match to get something, they were remarkably heavy handed. Fernandinho could have got done for GBH over the course of the match - how Wilf got a yellow and he didn’t get one for a good 80 mins I’ll never know. 

Glad no one got injured because It’s not how we do football but they obviously view us as a threat to their quadrupole - otherwise why did they literally target Maddison with a range of heavy handed tackles when they were already 0-2 up? 

Will be a spicy match now if we do end up getting this lot in the FA Cup final, the boys will remember this, perhaps it’s time to offer Wasilewski a new deal so we can bring him off the bench to fight fire with fire if they want to go down that route 😂 would love him to get defending with his elbows against some of their lot 😆 

• Like 1

KDB =  Mama's-boy..!!

I Dont like how we played, they were far better than us ,  the two goals, were very poor defending...

if we had just stood up and Squared them off they Simply wouldnt of scored....

Amartey was the last Player to try and hand any Blame upon...> Cheap shot !!!<

• Like 1

The only consolation I can think of is this ...

If we win our semi final and end up playing Man City (and yes before anyone says, that's a big "IF") ... and if we had beaten Man City yesterday (an even bigger "IF"), then I absolutely totally 100% guarentee we would lose the final.   3rd time lucky and all that, no way we would win 3 on the trot.

But now ... we've lulled them into a false sense of security, that we are c r a p.   

So there's hope.   if we win our semi final.   and if we end up playing them in the final.   :)

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

No mate I can't stand him or Man City in general. I don't know what the word is but they're just so full of themselves.

Expecting teams not to defend against them!? Wtf. We beat them 5-2 and they go out and literally spend £60m on a defender alone. I'm fed up with them. Constantly spending £200m a summer then expecting teams to go and attack them.

The cheating too. Man City are among the worse for cynical fouls. It's no wonder teams don't get chances against them, they cut you up as soon as you get over the half way line. Then as soon as you do it back they moan like little kids. I don't mind players giving it out as long as they can take it but none of their players can.

I can't stand the lot of them and most of their new "fans" (aka glory hunters) are no better either. 

There was one team yesterday who got had both their centre midfielders booked, a goalkeeper done for time wasting and stood on every free kick to stop it being taken quickly. 

What was wrong with him after the game just saying ‘yeah they are awkward to play against’ 

• Like 2

When did De Bruyne turn into such a pri*k? I've always liked him and thought he seemed a decent guy as well as being a world class player but his antics and his interview yesterday were embarrassing. Also disrespectful considering 3 of his international team mates play for us. I don't understand why players/managers from clubs like Man C who have an unlimited budget feel the need to be disrespectful to a smaller club like ours. It clearly rattled them when we smashed them earlier in the season but the disrespect their players and Pep have shown us this season is utterly disgusting. They are a vile football club and they are getting close to Liverpool and Man U when it comes to arrogance. "Little" Leicester should just get back in their box and let the "big clubs" take the champions league places. 

Edited by jayfox26

15 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Man City 2-1 West Ham

Everton 1-3 Man City

Man City 3-0 Spurs

Losing to the media darlings won't define our top 4 chances.

But it was supposed to be a 'free hit' because Chelsea lost and Man City are unbeatable apparently, my point is there are are 7 teams in the race for 3 places, a fact missed by the free hitters.

41 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

But it was supposed to be a 'free hit' because Chelsea lost and Man City are unbeatable apparently, my point is there are are 7 teams in the race for 3 places, a fact missed by the free hitters.

With Jotta back, Liverpool will make a late run , we can't afford to lose two in a row.