Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 0-2 Man City - Post-Match Thread

18 minutes ago, ttfn said:

If that was a “free hit” we’ve just played a forward defensive to it.

That's only been said on here, to be fair. I think the plan was to keep it tight and nick something or bring on Maddison to get us going later on.

It wasn't an easy preparation for this game with players coming back from internationals, the disruption of Soyuncu being unavailable and not knowing how long Maddison would play.

It's not a free hit but I'm not too disheartened by it.

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I'm amazed by all these "I'm not bothered/not surprised" comments. We're 3rd so we should be bothered and concerned about the manner of this defeat.

Don’t think it’s necessarily not bothered but it’s a case of accepting that another team is just simply better. Not every defeat is a crisis, not every victory is we’re amazing. Today it didn’t work, but we’re not playing top of the league any more.

• Like 3

Man city have some good players... it's a shame the cheat so much.

Kyle walker seems immune from yellow cards.

De bruyne fooled the ref into giving a dangerous free kick where there was no contact.(why didn't our players protest?) None of the sky team mentioned it and carragher awarded the cheat with the MOM.

• Like 1

It was a frustrating game. We were nowhere near our best and man City were very good.

Our small squad makes international weeks even more difficult for us and Cags not coming back must have disrupted preparations.

Probably the least bothered about losing a game I've been all season though. Hugely important we bounce back next week.

• Like 1

I feel that some people on here don't fully appreciate just how good Man City were today. 

On the ball they made us chase them from the first whistle to the last and off the ball they strangled the life out of the game. Their press was incredible and the only players we were able to get on the ball today were the players that Pep wanted us to get on the ball.... Our CBs and GK. 

All the "we rolled over and let them tickle our belly" talk is showing a fair amount of ignorance to how good a manager Pep is and how well his players executed his gameplay today. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Couple of queries re Jesus offside for the first goal 

52C2DFD1-2338-4D75-ABFF-4E9F3DA5E5EC.thumb.jpeg.4d01049120227f73b01009c254cab963.jpeg

he isn’t 

He may be a smashing fella off the pitch but wtf was Amartey doing over there? He was defending Evans position and left Mendy completely unmarked? Again, Tielemans was left marking two players. 
Soyuncu was very much missed today 

Cue a back-lash... but it’s true 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Agreed. It's probably a backhanded compliment in some ways as they see us as a rival. 

When you look at their bench today it reminds you what an incredible job Brendan and the boys have done to be in this position. They probably will win a couple or trophies but they bloody well should for how much they've spent. I genuinely think they've underachieved to have never come close in the CL.

I agree Brendan has done brilliantly with us. As you’ve mentioned the bench shows the difference. Not that I’m criticising but we’ll never have 60m+ players coming off the bench like Man City. To take 3 points off Man City this season is still a superb achievement. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

He may be a smashing fella off the pitch but wtf was Amartey doing over there? He was defending Evans position and left Mendy completely unmarked? Again, Tielemans was left marking two players. 

Amartey wasn't great there but look where Albrighton is, Mendy was his man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fans saying we should have had a go and if we lost so be it but its not always that simple. By just having a go doesn't mean we create loads of chances and look good, we could have gone at them but not actually been able to and been picked apart and rhen fans wouldn't have even realised " we had a go at them "

We've had success against them by trying to drop deep, be direct and pounce on mistakes. We didn't get a chance to do that today and had very little alternative, although Maddison had a couple of half chances he wasted that could have made things interesting.

Weren't the worst performance I've ever seen, not that arsed. Get revved up for next week and right some wrongs from the home game vs West Ham. 

Win the next 6 games please.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

They deserved it. 
What I find pathetic is the little digs and comments from KDB and earlier in the season Rodri. Is it really necessary? Especially after beating us today. They will probably end up winning at least 2 trophies this season. I do take it as a compliment as clearly even when we lose to them it rattles them that we are up there. Still pisses me off though. 

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Same old Col picking on Amartey. It’s the through ball in the phase before what explains this.

De Brunye was left free which Fofana and Evans both stepped up too. This put the defence completely out of shape which Amartey is trying to cover. Hence Fofana and Evans are out of order

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I suggest you watch the replay of the goal, starting from the Mahrez shot.

Then it will be clear why Amartey is positioned as he is "defending Evans's position".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, martyn said:

I suggest you watch the replay of the goal, starting from the Mahrez shot.

Then it will be clear why Amartey is positioned as he is "defending Evans's position".

Thus leaving the right side of the penalty area completely unmarked. 
Hold your position.......

We seemed to go into this game with a carefree attitude on the basis it was a free hit. We played in the same manner and got watched result we deserved. Next week now could be a huge game if results pre this match go against us. We should go have been good enough to have secured a point today and there seemed a gulf in class between us and Man City

I do not want to see us going to another Cup Final and losing but if we beat Southampton and City beat Chelsea I fear the worst