Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 0-2 Man City - Post-Match Thread

That game just emphasised how much better Man City are than probably most in Europe. We defended well all game and if we'd lost 5-0 it would have been a fair scoreline without playing that badly. We missed a real outlet today in the likes of Barnes. 

1 minute ago, martyn said:

He can't hold his position, that's the point. He is marking Aguero centrally (Evans even checks he is doing that) Albrighton and Tielemans initially are covering the far post.

Evans then sees De Bruyne's position in a pocket of space and he moves himself out of the defensive line slightly with an eye on closing that space down. The ball then does get threaded into De Bruyne and both Evans and Fofana both get drawn out to close him down. They then both get taken out of the game by the subsequent through ball, and we have a problem because Amartey then has no choice but to close Mahrez down to contest the shot.

From that point, there is no way Amartey can get back over to the right hand side of the penalty area as you seem to suggest he should be doing.

Amartey has his faults, but to pick on him here is absolutely desperate on your part, and betrays a fundamental lack of understanding about defensive structure and organisation.

Garbage 

👍

39 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Imagine getting to an FA Cup Final against this team having already beaten them twice this season. We’d never win. Good game to throw to have a shot in the Final, if we get there...

😂😂😂

Remember them against Watford two seasons ago. Btw, we could end up with more home defeats than home wins. The only times this has happened before in the PL, we've been relegated.

1 minute ago, Heymister2015 said:

Regarding the game Man City were bringing players on £250k a week. It’s embarrassing tbh and isn’t football!

I dunno if its embarrassing but it sure isnt sporting. The fact that they can spend 40m on ake to be their 4th choice centre back is so so wrong. It's not far off England becoming a one team league like Italy and Germany.  It's only an exceptional effort from the scousers last year that has stopped them winning 4 in a row.

Tielemans was completely dominated all game, the sort of tactics managers of some of the top clubs managed last season but this season they've seemingly struggled to do so so easily. Tielemans was unreal vs them at The Etihad earlier in the season but I do wonder if we needed to have had Praet in there too to free Youri up but I'm not sure that would have necessarily worked.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Winsum said:

We seemed to go into this game with a carefree attitude on the basis it was a free hit. We played in the same manner and got watched result we deserved. Next week now could be a huge game if results pre this match go against us. We should go have been good enough to have secured a point today and there seemed a gulf in class between us and Man City

I do not want to see us going to another Cup Final and losing but if we beat Southampton and City beat Chelsea I fear the worst

We sat back and gave up possession all game. It wasn't a carefree performance, if anything we'd overdone it on the tactical side and took very little risk. But then you see how good Man city were today and I dont think any team in world football could compete with them when they play like that. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Tielemans was completely dominated all game, the sort of tactics managers of some of the top clubs managed last season but this season they've seemingly struggled to do so so easily. Tielemans was unreal vs them at The Etihad earlier in the season but I do wonder if we needed to have had Praet in there too to free Youri up but I'm not sure that would have necessarily worked.

I think Praet would of been a good sub today plus needs game time.  He played well at the etihad and was great for Belgium mid week

Thought we were set up right for the game today, and sitting off Man City to hope they start overpassing was looking good first half. Ultimately though they had a couple of moments of quality where it counted and we didn't. As we've done to lower sides this season. Plus this season's Man City don't hesitate to clear or foul when needed which is different to before. But until the second really thought we'd have a chance of snatching something, which to me shows the improvement since last season. Play that way for 10 more games this season and we'll be all right, against anyone else we'd have got something.

• Like 1

Badly missed the flanks today. Thought Castagne did well at times but desperately missed Justin/Ricardo on the other side. 

Soyuncu would probably have done better for the goal as well in the back three.

But this was always a bonus anyway. We still tw**** them 5-2 in their backyard which they couldn't match :cool:

Word has it Kevn De Bruyne was still clutching his face on the way home :whistle:

Edited by TK95
  • Haha 1

No damage done really with the Chelsea result

I was dead proud of the way we held them, but they are a seriously good side. 

When you come up against a side of Man Citys qualities, you have to hope they have a bit of an off day and take your chances. 

Neither happened today, unfortunately. 

Still think we're a really good side, that will finish top 4 and (maybe) get the FA Cup 👍💙

4 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

No damage done really with the Chelsea result

I was dead proud of the way we held them, but they are a seriously good side. 

When you come up against a side of Man Citys qualities, you have to hope they have a bit of an off day and take your chances. 

Neither happened today, unfortunately. 

Still think we're a really good side, that will finish top 4 and (maybe) get the FA Cup 👍💙

For damage limitation I’m looking more at what West Ham do tomorrow

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Fans saying we should have had a go and if we lost so be it but its not always that simple. By just having a go doesn't mean we create loads of chances and look good, we could have gone at them but not actually been able to and been picked apart and rhen fans wouldn't have even realised " we had a go at them "

We've had success against them by trying to drop deep, be direct and pounce on mistakes. We didn't get a chance to do that today and had very little alternative, although Maddison had a couple of half chances he wasted that could have made things interesting.

Weren't the worst performance I've ever seen, not that arsed. Get revved up for next week and right some wrongs from the home game vs West Ham. 

Win the next 6 games please.

In fact later on we had chances and may have edged 1 goal...

But allowing them two was too many.

• Like 1

I dunno what it is but losing Man city doesn't p*** me off like when Leicester lose against other teams. Maybe cos we didn't really do anything on the pitch, hopefully we get into gear next game and Iheanacho scores. Plus we let them win today so they won't know what hits them if we play them at Wembley!

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

No point being salty about a loss to that team - Pep used Fernandinho and Rodri to strangle us and eventually the amount of space De Bruyne had lead to our downfall. He showed exactly why he's a levels ahead of any other player in the world in his position. If we make it to the final and end up facing them, we need to come up with a more robust method of keeping him quiet. 

• Like 1

They were the better team and deserved the win. Fernandinho has been getting away with 6+ fouls a game since he joined PL with no card so thats grand but KDB was embarrassing today. Shame but actually shows us the difference between a team in 3rd and 1st, cheating does work and we need to be a bit more dirty as the refs are that terrible that they will not pick up on it and pep has worked that out. Something to work on next year. We missed barnes today but we have a bit of time before WH and hope we beat them next week. 

• Like 3