Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

World Snooker Championship 2021

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

How are they allowed a full crowd in yet we can’t go to the football? 

It's a test event and the capacity is only 980. Think one of the issues with having football matches isnt just the percentage of capacity for test events but the amount of people coming in and out of the stadium and via public transport.

1 minute ago, walkerleeds said:

Why are the crowd so pro Murphy? It's like watching Ronnie in a final this.

Because he's a more entertaining player to watch.

Also, I think the crowd want to see close games. If Selby stretches his lead he will sufficate the life out of this match in only a way he can and would be incredibly difficult for Murphy to come back. Before I get jumped on, thats a compliment to Selby who is the best in the world at the style he chooses to play.

It's the commentators not hiding what they think of Marks play over the last week or so that has filtered into this behaviour from the crowd. 

Wonder if it bothers him or does it fire him up more? 

Nice attacking pot there from Selby. It almost like he intelligent enough to pick the right moment to attack and the right moment to go defensive to maximise his chance of taking a frame.

7 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

It's the commentators not hiding what they think of Marks play over the last week or so that has filtered into this behaviour from the crowd. 

I would have thought it does based on previous experience

6 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Selby always comes across as a gritty character, I reckon it fires him up. In his 3 finals, he's beaten O'Sullivan, Ding and Higgins, 18-14, 18-14 and 18-15. That takes a lot of nerve. He's simply one of the toughest competitors when the pressure's truly on.

I reckon Selby is the snooker equivalent of golfer Ian Poulter.

Poults doesn't drive it long and his iron play is average, but under pressure there's no-one better.

His peers hate playing matchplay against him because he beats them up mentally.

And the US crowd hate him (because deep down they admire him)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Corky said:

Need to get the UFS lot to the Crucible to back Mark from this pro-Murphy audience.

Not just for the noise but preferably to drape a massive TIFO over everyone.

I'm about to set off pyro mate, don't worry. 

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

It's sickening when Murphy gets cheered for playing bang average shots and Selby only gets polite applause when he plays a great shot. That's why I'm cheering on Mark - from my armchair. I disagree that Mark isn't entertaining to watch. His tactical play is more entertaining than watching a mere potting machine. Snooker is the name of the game, after all.

Absolutely agree. I love Selby's style. 

22 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

The Eurosport mob are just as bad, Ronnie and Foulds not being the most impartial. 

Jealousy really isn't a good look is it

I know what you are saying but is it really jealousy?

8 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I know what you are saying but is it really jealousy?

Im not sure really, its just really starting to grate, he's played this way for years but for some reason they have all jumped on it this year.

Only really Doherty that understands that its brilliant match play and its not for him to change his game its for his opponents to deal with it better.