Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

World Snooker Championship 2021

12 hours ago, Nalis said:

14 out of the 16 seeds through to Round 2, seems quite high. Wonder what if 15 or all 16 seeds have got through to round 2 before?

Was thinking that. Seemed like quite a few out of the top 16 got through round 1 last year.

Cant say I'm a fan of this Mark Williams / Mark Allen break off against on the bottom cushion.

Looks like Williams is about to finish Higgins off anyway, disappointing Higgins hadn't brought the players championship form into this.

12 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Cant say I'm a fan of this Mark Williams / Mark Allen break off against on the bottom cushion.

Looks like Williams is about to finish Higgins off anyway, disappointing Higgins hadn't brought the players championship form into this.

Yeah looks like others are now doing it after Mark Williams has been using it for a while. At first I thought you can break off how you like, but the more it happens the more wrong it looks. 

What can you do though other than changing the rules. 

Most of the time it's pointless anyway because the white ball is back in bulk after a couple of shots. 

I'm all in favour of it personally. I've been advocating a safer break off for years. So many frames are lost due to leaving a red on from the break. 

The break is a safety shot, pure and simple, since no reds are pottable. Therefore you can play that safety any way you see fit IMO. It's one shot in an entire frame, there are no rules how you should play any other shot, so to complain about a containing shot off the break is hypocritical. 

Personally when I break I treat it as a traditional safety shot, but as thin as possible off the pack to disturb the reds as little as possible, and back into baulk behind the yellow. 

Edited by The Bear

On 24/04/2021 at 21:29, EastAnglianFox said:

Higgins and O'Sullivan out of the top half of the draw. 

Selby's route now looking much more favourable and is flying against Allen. 

I think selby can do it again, Trump and Robinson are the problem though in a potential final 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Selby making light work of his tough run so far lol Williams with the mindset he is in these days is perfect because he goes for everything without too much thought but Selby never leaves anything easy. 

Robertson had no luck at all this morning but Wilson is in the Selby mold, tough to beat most of the time. 

13 hours ago, Bert said:

Selby continuing his fine form. Hope he’s not peaked too early like I mentioned. 

I started my lunch break and saw the scores! 

Peaking too early is a concern but at least Selby has been able to get through easily with no tiring matches. Plenty of grinding left in the tank for the rest of the tournament! :fc: