Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Final pre match thread (Chelsea)

Guest StevieLynex
13 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

No but Wilf will prove who is the Leagues top CDM

My comment was meant to be a play on words

Heroes in blue and whiite

we love them when they’re good

and even when they’re shite

heroes in blue and white

They make us feel so proud

even with no crowd

Luke Thomas left peg 

Ndidi big long legs

youri on the ball

only 5ft tall

Calgar’s nifty turns

Vardy with pace to burn

Evans nice and cool

The party boys- complete tools

Hamza Choudhry’s lovely hair

nachoman’s new found flair 

Madders new tracksuit

Dave Rennie got the boot!

can’t think of anymore :dunno:

1 hour ago, adam said:

Anyone got bbc one on. Reply of final against man City. Can't get over how many chances we missed! 

.I had to laugh - Alan Clarke and Andy Lochead in the same team! I'd forgotten so much about this game - thought Neil Young score late on and I didn't remember that Lenny arrived before Bloomfield. I did remember that Alan Woollett was that mediocre - although he was a tryer. It was a bit of a mash-up of a team - Gibbo and Roberts from the early 60s and the sublime 'Sniffer' Clarke - who was just passing - as it turned out. And that was Man City's optimum side as well. O'Farrell pissed off quick as well.

Can you imagine anyone trying to interview the managers mid-game these days?

Mercer was a lovely guy.

What surprised me was how unathletic they appeared compared with today's supermen. Technique wasn't anything like today, either. You recall the past with the eyes you saw with then.

On the tube with some Chelsea fans. They're actually quite respectful of us. 

They want their team to get stuck in from the start .... they're worried we sit back and they can't break us down. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gerblod said:

.I had to laugh - Alan Clarke and Andy Lochead in the same team! I'd forgotten so much about this game - thought Neil Young score late on and I didn't remember that Lenny arrived before Bloomfield. I did remember that Alan Woollett was that mediocre - although he was a tryer. It was a bit of a mash-up of a team - Gibbo and Roberts from the early 60s and the sublime 'Sniffer' Clarke - who was just passing - as it turned out. And that was Man City's optimum side as well. O'Farrell pissed off quick as well.

Mercer was a lovely guy.

What surprised me was how unathletic they appeared compared with today's supermen. Technique wasn't anything like today, either. You recall the past with the eyes you saw with then.

I thought this earlier. 

The comments about the pitch being in great condition made me smile. My back lawn is in better nick! 😂 

We missed so many chances in that game, it was incredible. The technique like you say, is no where near on par with today. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gerblod said:

Mercer was a lovely guy.

It's 18,993 days since that game. To be exact, the time from kick-off to kick-off equates to 455,834.25 hours or 27,350,055 minutes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

Don’t think Thomas is ready for a game like this

He was quality vs United the other week. I’d rather have him in so Castagne can play right up against Alonso, we should win that side, and chances will come. 

Wilf will be hugely important drifting in and supporting the likes of Thomas today