Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

17 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Can’t see it happening, but no doubt the German model is to be envied. 

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree, the German model of fan ownership is extremely enviable, it become moot when referenced against the backdrop of European competition. Unless everyone follows suit, then they are an island in this Super League nonsense and European competition remains fractured, impossible or irrelevant.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Uefa/fifa could stop this today by making a statement that players contracted to these clubs cannot compete in the 2031 euros or 2022 World Cup unless the whole idea is withdrawn and these clubs sign up to the new CL format as they had indictated they would 

but they won’t - they’ll be spineless when it comes to it because money talks ...

The less bright members of U-12 & U-14 squads will be bricking themselves at that prospect. :whistle:

So just to get this straight, we shouldn’t have 2 legged League Cup games, and if you only manage a draw away at Scunthorpe there shouldn’t be a replay because we have too many games. Make sure you play the reserves in the F a Cup because you don’t want any injuries - let’s get rid of the hectic winter schedule and introduce a break because players are playing too many games.

Also, let’s introduce a new competition with more games and more travel - yeah you guys are really thinking about player welfare.

Abramovich, Levy, Henry, Glazier, Kroenke and Mansour collectively go **** yourselves with a ****ing barge sideways! 
Forget the communities who lose everything because of your greed, the people who have lost jobs because of your greed, at the worst possible time you show yourselves for what you are!

YOU GREEDY BASTARDS GET OUT OF OUR GAME!!

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Hypothetical :- How many votes  do premier league clubs need to expel a club from the league?

On the PL site it states 'all rule changes and major commercial contracts require the support of at least a two-thirds vote, or 14 clubs, to be agreed'. 

This whole sham falls under that no doubt. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

On the PL site it states 'all rule changes and major commercial contracts require the support of at least a two-thirds vote, or 14 clubs, to be agreed'. 

This whole sham falls under that no doubt. 

So in theory, the other 14 could vote tomorrow to chuck the greedy 6 out and that would be the end of it. **

** may incur troublesome financial penalties

26 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

If Leicester were invited what do you think our owners would do?

They would 100% reject it. Not a doubt in my mind. 

They pulled out of polo tournaments for the spirit of competition because they kept winning them. They are absolute gold. 

• Like 2

the problem is that the quality of leadership required to sort this mess out is lacking.  WE are now hopeful that the lot who gave the world cup to qatar are bring enough to works thru this.   These big clubs see a weakeness at the top of eufa and fifa.

However, the USA style management of these big clubs think that it would be great to have a us style franchise system - us fans go to the games and the few teams get to keep all the money.  I can see that an owner of these big clubs.

Looks like it's actually going to happen, it seems money will talk in the end and I can see FIFA/UEFA/EPL taking some sort of 'compensation' payments to allow it to eventually go ahead. Not sure how to feel about this but feel like football as we know it is going to be gutted and hollowed out.

Does anyone think us winning the league in 2016 was a catalyst for this happening? 

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

They would 100% reject it. Not a doubt in my mind. 

They pulled out of polo tournaments for the spirit of competition because they kept winning them. They are absolute gold. 

I’ve never bought the line that our owners are saints. They are very good at PR. It’s amazing how many of our fans can have their heads turned by the occasional free beer and scarf. They are hard nosed business people and I’d fully expect them to do what is best for their balance sheet. Let’s see. Hope I’m wrong. 

• Like 1

It wouldn't surprise me to find that the super league founder members or should we say stakeholders bribe the lower league clubs with windfalls to get this through so it is not going to go away.  Money is always going to play a massive role in football but surely there must be a better solution than this. It is not a league it is a Financial Times footballing top 20 index. 

I'm sure Leicester will want nothing to do with this even if they get a late invitation

3 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

I’ve never bought the line that our owners are saints. They are very good at PR. It’s amazing how many of our fans can have their heads turned by the occasional free beer and scarf. They are hard nosed business people and I’d fully expect them to do what is best for their balance sheet. Let’s see. Hope I’m wrong. 

I'm not saying they are saints. I'm saying that they have a proven history of being very pro competition. All the evidence points towards them being against the format being put before us. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1