Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

2 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Sorry, I have done zero research, just going by what I read on here mainly.

Would all the super league clubs prefer to continue in their domestic leagues and play the super league at the same time or is it a complete breakaway?

Basically, the big six are sacking off all current competition bar the PL. so they still want to compete in the PL, but the rest of their domestic season would be taken up by this super league. So they wouldn’t be competing in the league cup or the FA cup, is my understanding. They play in the league and then this super league.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Any teams managers and ayers come out and voiced their opinion yet? I want managers and players to resign.

Most wouldn't dare. Certainly not the managers. Soskjaer shit his pants when asked about it yesterday.

I can foresee a selection of braver, more progressive players coming out though. Rashford for one.

Edited by RoboFox

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Any teams managers and ayers come out and voiced their opinion yet? I want managers and players to resign.

Could see Klopp walking if this goes ahead. Imagine most players wont be happy, the CL is a dream competition for all footballers, to bin it off for the Plastic Cup is sickening. 

1 minute ago, Greg2607 said:

and thats where the structure falls over isn't it??

because those clubs won't participate in the CL.... and those clubs who get invited, don't get much of the revenue from the SL..... what a mess they've created.

They're clearly only doing that to try and give it some semblance of meritocracy, they don't care whether these 'invited' clubs are there or not.

If these teams are allowed to stay in the premier league how are they going to juggle 18-23 European games. If they have a bad start to the PL there will be no incentive to improve as they are guaranteed super league football and the big bucks. This in turn destroys the integrity of the PL as a competition. And of course if any of the teams do well in the super league they’ll not care about the PL either as has no real cost. Bad news whatever happens. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, James9721 said:

It is reported a further 3 teams could join? How do we know one of these 3 isn’t Leicester city

We probably play a part in this super league happening by winning the prem and challenging for top 6, they wont want us anywhere near it lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

If these teams are allowed to stay in the premier league how are they going to juggle 18-23 European games. If they have a bad start to the PL there will be no incentive to improve as they are guaranteed super league football and the big bucks. This in turn destroys the integrity of the PL as a competition. And of course if any of the teams do well in the super league they’ll not care about the PL either as has no real cost. Bad news whatever happens. 

The EPL will essential replace the dev squad matches for those teams in the SUPER league

1 minute ago, James9721 said:

Reported a further 3 teams could sign up how do we know one of these isn’t Leicester city

If it is, I’m done after 25 years. But there is no chance, you can look at a table of commercial revenue and see who it will be. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If Leicester City called me a "legacy fan" my season ticket would be strapped to a brick and going straight through the glass of the West Stand.

As usual the people making these decisions just don’t get it. It brings to mind a quote from Bobby Robson:

“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.“

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

As usual the people making these decisions just don’t get it. It brings to mind a quote from Bobby Robson:

“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.“

If it were but the romantics that ran the game  :)  :appl:

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Stay within their domestic league. This is purely to replace European competition but there is debate about wether or not they would need the FA'S permission to do so. 

As much as I hate the sound of that, wouldn't that be better than the eradication of the English league system when all the money is sucked out of it due to the big names leaving for good?

I suppose the Premier league would be a watered down version of what it is, with super league clubs playing "reserve" sides whilst saving their best players for midweek.

Not saying I prefer this option but would it be worth letting the greedy fuchs have their way in order for the rest of us to survive?

2 minutes ago, James9721 said:

That’s what I was looking for because I would be disgusted if it was Leicester 

1 minute ago, James9721 said:

Also didn’t Bayern turn it down ?

I've heard a few things on Bayern so wasn't too sure. But wouldn't surprise me with Leipzig and Porto 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I'm sure there's loads more but they're the ones I've seen this morning 

Fofana shared the tifo display about football being created by the poor and stole by the rich on Instagram last night so its good to see some players seem against it to. 

• Like 2