Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

6 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Things are going to get messy at any game with these clubs involved now once fans return.

There will be protests, confrontations from rival fans, pitch invasions, you name it.

Thing is, those fans won't even deserve the bile - they're the ones truly getting shafted by this, having the clubs they support dragged away from their circle of influence.

It's going to expose some pretty ugly roots.

Probably one of the reasons that they’ve announced it now.

lets be right on this super league, its all about money greed and these bigger clubs thinking they can do what they want, 

a total entitled mind set too

rather have Leicester earn the right to get into Europe rather than thinking they are entitled to be there like this super league basically is

6 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Spurs being invited to this Super League is the equivalent of Bananaman being called up to the Avengers.

Dear mods, bearing in mind the volume of activity on here today can we have extra rep points please, I'm all out but this deserves one! 

12 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Probably one of the reasons that they’ve announced it now.

Occurred to me too

9 minutes ago, Winsum said:

No Bayern Munich but the mighty Spurs and the Gooners , got to be a April Fool come late

Apparently Bayern could well be in soon - the three spaces for them, PSG and Porto 

Uefa/fifa could stop this today by making a statement that players contracted to these clubs cannot compete in the 2031 euros or 2022 World Cup unless the whole idea is withdrawn and these clubs sign up to the new CL format as they had indictated they would 

but they won’t - they’ll be spineless when it comes to it because money talks ...

One of the big beneficiaries of this will be the bloody agents, as you can only imagine salaries and transfer fees to these clubs being huge. Spurs want your RB... £200m please! It’ll be the only way the rest can get their hands on the money. Probably a good idea we invested in the training ground as coaching players to sell on could be even bigger business!

Kick them out today! Teams like us start upsetting the big boys by running a club correctly and they run off to sort their own league. It's pathetic. 

Football lost its soul a long time ago but this is just the end of it. I hope uefa and fifa stick to their guns and don't bend over for these clubs. Kick them out. Don't let them back in. 

Credit to Bayern, Juve, PSG & Dortmund I hope they stick to it to. 

Edited by goose2010
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Shit_arse said:

Does anyone have anything actually positive to say about this? 

Yes. If they dock points off them all this season we’ll win the league. It’s apparently irrelevant these days in sport if you deserve it so I’ll take it!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shit_arse said:

Does anyone have anything actually positive to say about this? 

Really strange for the 'big 6' to either misjudge or ignore the fan base of the whole country. 

All the owners see is the potential money they could make from this. They would guess it will be unpopular but do you really think they care about anyone else?

Hoping this majorly backfires for them - come on Fifa Uefa and Premier League. Impose huge sanctions on these clubs.

A breakaway so-called European League has been mooted for ages. What astonishes me is the fact these Clubs and managers often talk about too many games already.

On the plus side to get this mob out of the way it gives the likes of Accrington Stanley real hope to win the the EPL!!

Apart from the sanctions fifa, eufa etc have threatened they should also say any player joining such a league will face a 3 year ban once their contract expires from other domestic leagues which will mean a player has to consider the possibility of rotting and not getting any football for a period of time once their club deem them not good enough. The authorities should also allow players currently at these clubs to cancel their contracts and walk away as surely this is a change in what was originally agreed and signed. 

Edited by Vlad the Fox

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

This isn't the death of football, it is the rebirth.  May these clubs sod off into their bollocks American super league world.  They won't get a penny of my money.  I will be watching Leicester win the real league.

Providing the teams are kicked out of the domestic leagues then yes, it could actually be a positive thing for the domestic game. 

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Providing the teams are kicked out of the domestic leagues then yes, it could actually be a positive thing for the domestic game. 

But the leagues money men won't let that happen.

They would have to be kicked out of the respective domestic leagues. You can’t just continue a league where 6 teams get a £3.5bn payment. What would those teams do each weekend? Just prepare for another away match in Spain or something.