Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

But the leagues money men won't let that happen.

Agreed, leading to the death of competitive football in England. I’d sadly probably stop watching the sport, I have always enjoyed rugby when I casually watch a game. 

This is all about control and ensuring the richest clubs finances. Illustrated by the fact that the so called founders will control and govern the Super League. So they are not answerable or controlled by anyone.

No relegation and a closed shop, designed by greedy willy pullers who don’t understand that football is first and foremost a sport - not show business.

Disgusting.

Having said that it I don’t think it will happen. More like a power play on the eve of the Champions League restructure (or has that been announced already?).

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Big 6 = richest, why do you think that Newcastle were blocked from having a super rich owner come in. 

Can't be having another Manchester City can they?

Just now, SydenhamFox said:

If Leicester were invited what do you think our owners would do?

Wondered this myself (As a pure hypothetical) and I am unsure, suspect they would be dubious but join

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Wondered this myself (As a pure hypothetical) and I am unsure, suspect they would be dubious but join

I think they would too. There might be some social capital to be made by staying, but I think there’d be regret if they turned it down and it proved to be a success. 

Edited by SydenhamFox

This is nothing more than a negotiating ploy by the so called big 6 to get more say over those that organise events so that those events can be organised to deliver more lucrative games and to concentrate the payments upon themselves. The goal will be just like American franchise sport where cities around the globe bid for matches so that Liverpool can play Citeh in Dubai or Hong Kong or Los Angeles. It'll be akin to the boxing circus. They will have these mega pay days and still be able to compete in domestic leagues, with the player cap probably lifted to 50.

Leicester City winning the league was a wake up call for the big 6 to form a cartel to secure and develop their own position, but it won't be in a European Super League. How the likes of Spurs get involved as an 'elite' is a wonderment to behold and wonder at.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Kick them out today! Teams like us start upsetting the big boys by running a club correctly and they run off to sort their own league. It's pathetic. 

Football lost its soul a long time ago but this is just the end of it. I hope uefa and fifa stick to their guns and don't bend over for these clubs. Kick them out. Don't let them back in. 

Credit to Bayern, Juve, PSG & Dortmund I hope they stick to it to. 

Errr Agnelli and Juve are one of the main drivers of this whole shit show.. 

51 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

The media should be talking about how we've reached the FA Cup final for the first time in 50 years, yet they are talking about this ridiculousness. 

Oh man we are possibly hours away from just being awarded the FA Cup.  

• Like 1

Quite rightly there is a lot of moral outrage right now but I'm afarid we all need to be pragmatic.I'm reminded a lot of the Packer affair in cricket. Alll about money and TV rights then and similar now. Players who signed up for it were banned from international cricket but though they missed out for a few years eventually it all died away and they played for their countries again.

This has been on the cards for many years and I've no doubt it will happen in some form or another.

There's a lot of hot air at the moment from intenational and national bodies but that is all it is. bluster.

Will the Premier League deduct points or expel these teams from the league? Absolutely not. They know the TV deals would collapse without these teams as they are the global brands, love it or hate it, that draw in the worldwide TV revenue.

Will FIFA ban players from world cups? No, The legal disputes would be endless and the costs never ending. Also without the very top players their brand suffers and they become less appealing to TV deals.

Same with UEFA. You can't have a European Champion's ;eague without the likes of Real Madrid or Liverpool.

Will the moral disgust of fans of these clubs continue and will they no longer go and watch their teams? Well a few might but not that many and not for very long either. if it was us how many leicester fans would transfer the allegiance to Oadby or to Notts County? very few.

Would the FA ban them from the FA cup? Possibly but in all honesty so what? I don't think these clubs would care.

Will people all over the world be cancelling their TV subs? Absolutely not. These are the clubs that fans in Asia want to see and the clubs know this.

Football lost its community soul years ago. This is just an extension of that. Real fans don't matter any more, only the TV consumer fan.

In a sport where money governs and brand identities sell TV packages this sort of thing was always going to happen.

Maybe if and it is a mighty big if all the official bodies go against it there is a chance it could be delayed or diluted but the only chance of stopping this lies with the players and their agents who could on mass say we're not going to be part of destroying the game that has given us a living but the chances of that are close to zero.

• Like 1