Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

LCFC vs. CPFC Pre-Match - Mon 26th - Sky Sports

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Approach the game with the same desire, confidence and determination as last Thursday please.

That goal for Vardy is ominous for the rest of the PL this season IMO. I still think he'll get 20 goals this season.

....sure Vardy believed he was offside when he finished!!!

No pressure in that instance and could just do what he would do in in training, I still feel he is not as instinctive as he used to be, that is no longer down to form but has now become a mental problem. His adjustment within the team, his movements and work rate are still there, just that he probably thinks about the opportunity infront of goal more, when it arises.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....sure Vardy believed he was offside when he finished!!!

No pressure in that instance and could just do what he would do in in training, I still feel he is not as instinctive as he used to be, that is no longer down to form but has now become a mental problem. His adjustment within the team, his movements and work rate are still there, just that he probably thinks about the opportunity infront of goal more, when it arises.

I thought his lack of a celebration was quite telling, for all the frustration he'll have felt in these last few months he stills keeps some wmotion out of it and that's why he's been so prolific for us. I think he's learnt to neither be too happy or too sad and that the sum of his overall play is key to us more than him being our only source of goals. His overall play after the goal for the next 20-30 mins was electric. 

It was highly likely he would run himself in to some form and we are now starting to see it. The sort of player capable of scoring in every remaining game, he's not done yet. He's a top 4 and a cup to win and to be our top scorer yet again.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought his lack of a celebration was quite telling, for all the frustration he'll have felt in these last few months he stills keeps some wmotion out of it and that's why he's been so prolific for us. I think he's learnt to neither be too happy or too sad and that the sum of his overall play is key to us more than him being our only source of goals. His overall play after the goal for the next 20-30 mins was electric. 

It was highly likely he would run himself in to some form and we are now starting to see it. The sort of player capable of scoring in every remaining game, he's not done yet. He's a top 4 and a cup to win and to be our top scorer yet again.

....you would think so!!!

But his opportunities in front of goal has seen him miss chances that he would normally put away. As I said previously his performances are right up there and people can see another side of his game which he is excelling at. The only thing that is not as it was, is his finishing. It is hard to say but I believe for the rest of the season he will struggle (hard to believe) to score, but his support play for Nacho will continue to bear fruit.

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....you would think so!!!

But his opportunities in front of goal has seen him miss chances that he would normally put away. As I said previously his performances are right up there and people can see another side of his game which he is excelling at. The only thing that is not as it was, is his finishing. It is hard to say but I believe for the rest of the season he will struggle (hard to believe) to score, but his support play for Nacho will continue to bear fruit.

He's always been a player who can look really our in front of goal at times, which is quote outrageous given He's probably the most efficient finisher in the league for chance conversion but when he's off form he's really off form in that regard, then followed by lots of goals and I just sense the latter is coming. Iheanacho starting to be just as reliable at creating space for Vardy to then get in behind so we'll hopefully see some more on their way. He loves a goal vs Palace does Vardy.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Not forgetting the Spurs 4-3...with Defoe..

Oh..and Middlesborough..

Ahhhh shit..!!  FFS  every Bloody season ,there must be 3-5 games!!!

Which year, just googled it.

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

You're doing us out of a point. It was 4-4.

Thanks. Wish I'd have read on sooner 😀 mind you, couldn't remember that either 🤪

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

I’m not sure this guy constantly leaking the team line up well in advance of the games is much help for the team. Can’t exactly leave the opposition guessing can we...

How stupid would they have to be to not assume this would be the team anyway. 

it was only really Thomas and Ricardo that might have swapped. 

• Like 1

In a strange way the media and football fans turning on the "Big 6" has been advantageous to us, we seem to regained focus. Its also strange how the neutrals want us to stay in the top 4 now to put a further two fingers up to the so called big boys. Its like 2016 again.

I think with most of our players back to full fitness and confidence returning after the cup semi win and the WBA cruise, I really think we will peak at the right time.

4-1 tonight, Kasper going nuts after Zaha runs through in the 89th min to mess up his clean sheet bonus, Vards back to form with a brace and calls for "Kelechi out" after he dares to go a full 90 mins without scoring or assisting a goal. The other goal will be another set piece surprise, with someone like Ndidi beaming like a Cheshire cat when he puts us in front with a header.

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

How stupid would they have to be to not assume this would be the team anyway. 

it was only really Thomas and Ricardo that might have swapped. 

At the moment it’s more predictable than normal since Barnes is out, still, the only people this can benefit are the opposition, and that guys follower count. 

Proper excited for the game tonight.  Where last season there was a feeling that we were going to throw away top 4 from Christmas, it seems we have been getting stronger in the main this season.

Just wish we could all be at the game as I reckon it would have been fabulous atmosphere tonight with so much to play for.

3-0 Vardy 2 and Nacho. :chant:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mozartfox said:

There are no easy games in the EPL (Unless you are ManC).

Play like we did last Thursday and we have a good chance of 3 pts tonight.  Play like we did at home against W Ham, Fulham, Arsenal, Slava, Leeds and Villa,  and we will get done by the Owl.

I don't believe it's the same team as lost these games. If BR can field an unchanged side against Palace and they show the same determination as the last two matches, then they're going to be difficult to overcome.

What surprised me against WBA was Vardy's lack of emotion at scoring after such a hiatus. It hadn't appeared to have got to him at all. He must be a formidable figure to have around as an example of a real professional to copy.

There is definitely signs of a steely determination from our team now that is being maintained in games by Rogers. He knows like us how close we are and internally must be really reminding the players of the high expectation each game. Now lets go out start brightly and do the business. Surely by now the team can see if they start with high intensity and grab a good lead they can afford to take some pressure and stress off playing 2nd half which is more enjoyable. So keep it up foxes!

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

Same team as vs WBA should do the trick. Worries me a bit that Rodgers thinks we looked better in the second half though.

I think the thing is, we were very wasteful in terms of missed chances (and key passes) in the first half against wba.

in the 2nd half they were much improved, but so was our overall game.

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I think the thing is, we were very wasteful in terms of missed chances (and key passes) in the first half against wba.

in the 2nd half they were much improved, but so was our overall game.

Well for me I’d take goals over possession, but what do I know. I’ll trust Rodgers.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, gerblod said:

I don't believe it's the same team as lost these games. If BR can field an unchanged side against Palace and they show the same determination as the last two matches, then they're going to be difficult to overcome.

What surprised me against WBA was Vardy's lack of emotion at scoring after such a hiatus. It hadn't appeared to have got to him at all. He must be a formidable figure to have around as an example of a real professional to copy.

....he would have believed he was offside!!!

The composure of the finish is something he would have done in training, no pressure on him in the situation.

slightly off topic but I have to share a premonition about how the rest of the foxes season will go starting from tonight..

either 

A)  leicester will storm the last 6 league games and challenge for second  BUT lose the FA  Cup final in a very close encounter

or  

B) Leicester's league form will drop off resulting in finishing 5th but win the FA Cup owing to an awesome one-off performance. History is made in bitter sweet circumstances as we are dubbed 'bottlers'

in my premonition nothing inbetween happened ;-)

57 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

At the moment it’s more predictable than normal since Barnes is out, still, the only people this can benefit are the opposition, and that guys follower count. 

I get the worry but honestly once they’re off the training ground there’s not a lot that will impact it. 

If you’ve worked on something all week I doubt you throw it out on match day because one or 2 players are different. 

The only time it would have a big impact would be if we threw out a random formation. 

9 minutes ago, Adrian said:

slightly off topic but I have to share a premonition about how the rest of the foxes season will go starting from tonight..

either 

A)  leicester will storm the last 6 league games and challenge for second  BUT lose the FA  Cup final in a very close encounter

or  

B) Leicester's league form will drop off resulting in finishing 5th but win the FA Cup owing to an awesome one-off performance. History is made in bitter sweet circumstances as we are dubbed 'bottlers'

in my premonition nothing inbetween happened ;-)

I Love You Movie GIF by Rocky - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 3