Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

LCFC vs. CPFC Pre-Match - Mon 26th - Sky Sports

All depends how we start. Start like we did last night and we’ll be fine as they won’t have the stomach for it. If we get off to a slow start then we might have some issues. 

I do think we will be ready and raring to go though, having benefitted from seeing how the other teams have got on over the weekend. 

Stating the blooming obvious, but this game is simply huge for us. A win and we are either 6 or 7 points clear of fifth, depending on result of Chelsea/WHU. With five games to go, that feels like a very acceptable gap. 

• Like 1

As long as it’s not a repeat of our last meeting where kelechi missed a peno and the lads missed numerous other chances. we ended up having to be saved by Barnes to take home a point. 

Gotta take our chances this time around. Underestimate them and players like zaha, eze, benteke, batshuayi can easily score against the run of play.

Edited by s11nny

That reminder of Iheanacho missing the penalty and a very good chance in the away fixture. I remember the stick he got on here for that. Not all that long ago either really. I don't think anyone would've seen this run of form coming.

• Like 1

I actually think their long break from a game could be a disadvantage for them. 

As they’re not  playing for anything at this stage it would have been hard to keep them full guns blazing in training, so they might start the game a little rusty. 

As Brendan said earlier in the campaign, it’s important not to lose that groove

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

That reminder of Iheanacho missing the penalty and a very good chance in the away fixture. I remember the stick he got on here for that. Not all that long ago either really. I don't think anyone would've seen this run of form coming.

This is probably the one game this season that got away. 

we haven’t had too many games that we were better in and simply should have won. 

All our other dropped points have been fair imo. 

That’s probably been our big improvement on last season 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

To be fair in that game, I remembered we played pretty well and should have been out of sight. I think if we take out chances we should be alright. 

Strangely these wont have played for 16 days!

Whilst there is an argument to say they'll be fresh for this game, they will have been sitting on a 1-4 defeat for all this time and lost a lot of match sharpness & rhythm we've built up in the last couple of games.

Get at them early and they wont know what's hit them! 

• Like 1

A lot of comments on here regarding WBA worried me prior to that game, we haven't beaten them at home in years, they are on form etc, while we do find it challenging at Selhurst park, we seem to be pretty reliable at home to Crystal Palace, our 33rd game of the season last season was at home to Palace after we'd just come off two underwhelming  draws, 2 good results in the last 2 games, Palace are in mid table security, so if we are bringing up recent history our next 3 games last season produced an aggregate score of 17-0 lets do this.

11 hours ago, Koke said:

They're a slight better version of WBA with a slightly better manager. They're also another team who've embarrassed us in recent years, so time to put that right. 

I think Hodgson and Allardyce are both impressive.  I'd rather have Rodgers.  But those two have achieved some impressive stuff.  Many managers would have taken Palace down.  Hodgson managed well around Europe. Allardyce was a pioneer at Bolton and has saved many teams and has the best win percentage of any England manager.  

We should beat Palace but personally I think Hodgson is good enough to cause concern.

• Like 1

CP is playing for nothing - they're safe and no more - so if you get a foot on the throat early they may not have much will to fight back.  I loathe "must win" but if I take the view that we need 7 from the next 3 to get through, hard to see how you can accept less than 3 points from this one.

• Like 4

On 23/04/2021 at 14:17, s11nny said:

As long as it’s not a repeat of our last meeting where kelechi missed a peno and the lads missed numerous other chances. we ended up having to be saved by Barnes to take home a point. 

Gotta take our chances this time around. Underestimate them and players like zaha, eze, benteke, batshuayi can easily score against the run of play.

This, most frustrating game of the season, should of won easily.

• Like 2

- I’ve put Iheanacho as captain in my fantasy team this week.

- Palace aren’t in great form and are in mid table with nothing to play for.

- Its the business end of the season.

- Our lads are playing for a place in the cup final.

All factors why I think it will be fairly comfortable for us.

• Like 1

Sometimes, I worry about not worrying.

I am a little complacent in feeling confident of a win.

Normally, when we play Palace, I feel they are the sort of team who could cause us problems.  Normally, I feel Zaha will turn it on again st us.  

Although they have so e talent, such as Exe, I think following the performance against West Brom, we will have too much for them.

• Haha 1