Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He's made suggestions in the tweets you quoted

I don't have faith in him anymore, but he's not skirting or avoiding the questions.

He's made suggestions, he's equally berated and publicly bollocked the player for doing what his suggestions are.

Very mixed messages and whilst he's made the suggestions it's clear we won't see them in action, they're not in his 'philosophy', just more bullshit.

38 minutes ago, Matt said:

Still a very good wage and alot more than I and I dare say pretty much anyone on this forum earns in arguably a year, that's one point but the not the point I want to make.

You've gotta question his desire and ambition, this is likely to be his last chance of playing in a world cup, he's been told he needs to be play regularly to be selected, he's not bothered about playing in the world cup then?

Oh no, I agree with you completely. I was more so agreeing with the clubs difficulty in shifting some of these fringe players. Vestegaard was being sold at £5m less than what we paid for him (according to articles). However he (Vestegaard) chose to turn it down. Little the club can do about that apart from subsidise his wage. 

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Oh no, I agree with you completely. I was more so agreeing with the clubs difficulty in shifting some of these fringe players. Vestegaard was being sold at £5m less than what we paid for him (according to articles). However he (Vestegaard) chose to turn it down. Little the club can do about that apart from subsidise his wage. 

Or not agree to signing such a player who quite clearly wouldn't fit into how they brief us to play, how clearly obviously he wouldn't fit into Brendan's style (Despite Brendan apparently overruling all the recruitment staff) and such a bizarre signing full stop.

Not to mention not offering such ridiculous wages for said signing.

The club, board, powers that be are becoming as culpable as Rodgers, even more so for continuing with him.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't have faith in him anymore, but he's not skirting or avoiding the questions.

I nearly responded something like this several pages ago, after watching a previous press conference. I do think Rodgers answers openly (only refusing to elaborate on private conversations, and understandably so) He visibly prickled a little at something Jason asked but he did answer it.

I no longer have faith in him either, and my reason is sometimes illustrated in his answers. At a certain point, he seems not to know what to do. Our lack of scoring is due, for example, to players (or the team) not having the mentality in front of goal, not something he can do anything about (seemingly) Likewise, subs work or don't work and it's more or less chance in his eyes. It's as if he can coach to a point but no further. After that, it's in the lap of the gods. If he can't do it, it's not do-able. I don't know if he can question his own fallibility. I don't know if he knows another way. I think we're banging our heads against the wall, making the same mistakes again and again. And his answer? More hard work, repeat the drills until we get better and can do it properly.

We're locked in to his vision of football and I don't know if he can question his vision, let alone change it.

Edited by taupe

Rodgers negativity these days must be running through the team like a stick of rock. Not an ideal situation but can't imagine Martin O'Neill or Pearson feeling sorry for themselves like he is.

59 minutes ago, Matt said:

I should think he does.

But:

What is he going to do about it?

Why has it took so long to assess/take responsibility/speak about it? (Arguably a question to the media/media's fault for not pulling it up or asking the questions because they're constantly giving him a free ride - he's not going to speak about it off his own back and draw attention to it is he)

Ultimately it's took us to get to this point for it all to be discussed, what can give us any assurances anything going to change - it won't.

You must of missed many interviews…

since last summer particularly he has taken on & admitted responsibility..

What he wont do is get into tic-tac-toh arguments..Waste of time…

Pearson won some arguments & lost even when right a lot face..

media manipulation,& fans preferring to get on the punditairy band wagon…

and criticise the manager instead of supporting them..

5 hours ago, inckley fox said:

... they can't fire him after three league games. Not for the media's sake, but for the dressing room's.   ....

My suspicion is that if he were sacked off we would see a markedly improved atmosphere in the dressing room, and much more committed and convincing performances on the pitch.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Well, we are certainly not going to be challenging anywhere near the top 6 again under Rodgers. Not even matching last year's 8th.In fact, we all know it's going to be survival at the best this season under his management. As the losses mount up he will be got rid off, so why not do it now where at least a new manager will have a better crack of keeping us up ? A new manager would at least dump this silly possession Tippy Tappy going nowhere crap we are currently having to put up with.

In any case , say they stuck with him and he gets us relegated, do you think he will stick around trying to get us promoted again? No me neither.

Ermmm, I specifically said I think Rodgers should go, so I have no idea what your tangent has to do with anything, I just don't understand why people seem to be shifting everything on the manager and thinking the board aren't doing a lot wrong too and that realistically it's not suddenly all going to be well again when a new manager comes in, whoever they are still face a squad with a bloated wage bill and an inability to sign anyone, which is the fault of the board a lot more than it is Rodgers.

Edited by Sampson

19 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

You must of missed many interviews…

since last summer particularly he has taken on & admitted responsibility..

What he wont do is get into tic-tac-toh arguments..Waste of time…

Pearson won some arguments & lost even when right a lot face..

media manipulation,& fans preferring to get on the punditairy band wagon…

and criticise the manager instead of supporting them..

So by all of us collectively getting behind Brendan will improve the results?  I think a fair few have tried that, quite a few times, still not changed anything has it.

41 minutes ago, Matt said:

Or not agree to signing such a player who quite clearly wouldn't fit into how they brief us to play, how clearly obviously he wouldn't fit into Brendan's style (Despite Brendan apparently overruling all the recruitment staff) and such a bizarre signing full stop.

Not to mention not offering such ridiculous wages for said signing.

The club, board, powers that be are becoming as culpable as Rodgers, even more so for continuing with him.

Absolutely. We just seem very unprofessional in what we do at the moment. We seem to be worrying about a FFP problem on qualifying for Europe but cannot understand why the same board cannot see us heading head first into a relegation battle - it’s happened to teams before. Once the rot sets in. That’ll fix the FFP problem, high fives all around.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, deep blue said:

My suspicion is that if he were sacked off we would see a markedly improved atmosphere in the dressing room, and much more committed and convincing performances on the pitch.

:appl:
The problems on the pitch have been obvious for a long time now, but the situation we are in at the moment is unprecedented and cannot be ignored. Kasper walked and several others players apparently want to leave. Can’t see any other option than to part company with Brendan.

Edited by CalH

16 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Absolutely. We just seem very unprofessional in what we do at the moment. We seem to be worrying about a FFP problem on qualifying for Europe but cannot understand why the same board cannot see us heading head first into a relegation battle - it’s happened to teams before. Once the rot sets in. That’ll fix the FFP problem, high fives all around.

...all this at the moment seems so far removed from the previous years of good stewardship, and our trust in the people running the club!!!

What if, just what if this is some kind of ruse to stop Rodgers from spending in this window? The overwhelming request in the middle of last season was not to let Rodgers bring in anyone in this window, and we have now found ourselves in an unusual situation, that comprehensively achieves that goal.

The reality is that we have no knowledge of the actual figures, so therefore unable to accurately assess the situation and separate the wheat from the chaff. Not knowing is the real problem for us on the outside, and all we can do is speculate.

It still feels like a fantastical occurrence that we find ourselves right here.

15 minutes ago, CalH said:

:appl:
The problems on the pitch have been obvious for a long time now, but the situation we are in at the moment is unprecedented and cannot be ignored. Kasper walked and several others players apparently want to leave. Can’t see any other option than to part company with Brendan.

...I feel Kasper walked because the board refused to back the players this time!!!

It will be a long and agonizing wait for anything to happen regarding Rodger's time in charge of this club, no one at the top is suitably convinced, that there is any urgency to cancel his contract at this point.

It also begs the question, why??

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...all this at the moment seems so far removed from the previous years of good stewardship, and our trust in the people running the club!!!

What if, just what if this is some kind of ruse to stop Rodgers from spending in this window? The overwhelming request in the middle of last season was not to let Rodgers bring in anyone in this window, and we have now found ourselves in an unusual situation, that comprehensively achieves that goal.

The reality is that we have no knowledge of the actual figures, so therefore unable to accurately assess the situation and separate the wheat from the chaff. Not knowing is the real problem for us on the outside, and all we can do is speculate.

It still feels like a fantastical occurrence that we find ourselves right here.

It’s could well be. I’ve thought that at times.

However, whatever it is, it’s this club is not currently progressing. And yes, we’ve come a long way and boy have I enjoyed the ride. But that doesn’t mean we accept such a drop in standards.

and if it is all a ploy to stop Rodgers spending. Then sack the entire board now. How dare they **** around with the clubs future but still charge premier league prices because they haven’t got the balls to sack the man. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It’s could well be. I’ve thought that at times.

However, whatever it is, it’s this club is not currently progressing. And yes, we’ve come a long way and boy have I enjoyed the ride. But that doesn’t mean we accept such a drop in standards.

and if it is all a ploy to stop Rodgers spending. Then sack the entire board now. How dare they **** around with the clubs future but still charge premier league prices because they haven’t got the balls to sack the man. 

Quite possible. I know someone who made a Rodgers Out comment last season and was immediately told this was not acceptable by LCFC staff. 

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I feel Kasper walked because the board refused to back the players this time!!!

It will be a long and agonizing wait for anything to happen regarding Rodger's time in charge of this club, no one at the top is suitably convinced, that there is any urgency to cancel his contract at this point.

It also begs the question, why??

This post also applies to my post above (oops, messed up the quote :blush:)

1 hour ago, Vazman said:

So by all of us collectively getting behind Brendan will improve the results?  I think a fair few have tried that, quite a few times, still not changed anything has it.

Its keeping to an honest script..& not building up on things he didn’t say or do.

Too many blaming him for the amount of stars in the sky..!