Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Big, big overhaul coming this summer and hopefully Rodgers will be still here to lead it. Seen enough this last week to think he is still the right man to lead us but I'm looking at this squad and I think we're going to rip it up and rebuild. Rudkin, Congerton and Rodgers need to play blinders.

Agreed, we have some deadwood we need to shift and even some of our "top" players I wouldn't be against leaving. Kasper, Castagne, Fofana, Evans, Justin, Maddison, Vardy, Daka, Iheanacho, Barnes, Albrighton (sentimentaly and team morale), Ricardo, (if we can get him fit) are the only ones I'd be bothered about if they left, other than Tielemans obviously but he ain't staying and Ndidi if we can get him back rather than this shadow that we've had this season. KDH and Thomas have bright futures but still have a lot of development. Not to arsed about the rest to be honest. 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Agreed, we have some deadwood we need to shift and even some of our "top" players I wouldn't be against leaving. Kasper, Castagne, Fofana, Evans, Justin, Maddison, Vardy, Daka, Iheanacho, Barnes, Albrighton (sentimentaly and team morale), Ricardo, (if we can get him fit) are the only ones I'd be bothered about if they left, other than Tielemans obviously but he ain't staying and Ndidi if we can get him back rather than this shadow that we've had this season. KDH and Thomas have bright futures but still have a lot of development. Not to arsed about the rest to be honest. 

I'd have no qualms losing Castagne if Ricardo could ever get back to his peak level. 

1 minute ago, Bryn said:

Aim to keep:

James Justin

Wesley Fofana

Jonny Evans

Harvey Barnes

Youri Tielemans - unlikely to get a choice though

Jamie Vardy

James Maddison

Marc Albrighton

Ricardo Pereira

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Patson Daka

Luke Thomas

Daniel Amartey - competent squad player

Would let go in right circumstances:

Kasper Schmeichel

Caglar Soyuncu

Danny Ward

Kelechi Iheanacho

Hamza Choudhury

Wilfred Ndidi

Timothy Castagne

Boubakary Soumare

Should proactively look to move on:

Ryan Bertrand

Ayoze Perez

Jannik Vestergaard

Nampalys Mendy

Dennis Praet - Unless there’s a change in sentiment on both sides

Filip Benkovic

Think that’s how I see it.

Think we need at least one CB and one FB,  a RW (still…) and honestly probably a keeper given Kasper’s limitations and desire for another challenge. And others depending on what’s available and who else goes. Likely a CM of course as Tielemans will go.

Agree except I'd put Amartey in the let go in the right circumstances bracket and put Nacho and Kasper into the keep bracket. If we got offered a decent bid for Amartey we'd definitely consider it. He's been decent and is a good squad player like you say, but he's replaceable. I also wouldn't be looking to let Castagne leave, he's been one of our best players this season. Ideally I'd keep Ricardo, Justin and Castagne but if one was to go it would be Ricardo. 

Just now, hejammy said:

We all talk about the defensive failings and often BR is blamed, but surely Kolo has to take the majority of the blame! Perhaps it's time we got a new defensive coach in! 

I was about to post defensive coach, but knowing Kolo is probably that, I held back.

The system is the problem, two solutions either make teams so fearful they scared to attack (this happened in brendan's first 9 months), or sort out the system a coaching issue.  Start by not keeping everyone back at corners and change how we marking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martyn said:

I'd have no qualms losing Castagne if Ricardo could ever get back to his peak level. 

Big if though and Castagne has been pretty good this season. Definitely one of our better performers which I know isn't difficult with some of the shite we've seen. 

6 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Aim to keep:

James Justin

Wesley Fofana

Jonny Evans

Harvey Barnes

Youri Tielemans - unlikely to get a choice though

Jamie Vardy

James Maddison

Marc Albrighton

Ricardo Pereira

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Patson Daka

Luke Thomas

Daniel Amartey - competent squad player

Would let go in right circumstances:

Kasper Schmeichel

Caglar Soyuncu

Danny Ward

Kelechi Iheanacho

Hamza Choudhury

Wilfred Ndidi

Timothy Castagne

Boubakary Soumare

Should proactively look to move on:

Ryan Bertrand

Ayoze Perez

Jannik Vestergaard

Nampalys Mendy

Dennis Praet - Unless there’s a change in sentiment on both sides

Filip Benkovic

Think that’s how I see it.

Think we need at least one CB and one FB,  a RW (still…) and honestly probably a keeper given Kasper’s limitations and desire for another challenge. And others depending on what’s available and who else goes. Likely a CM of course as Tielemans will go.

That would be my take on it too player for player.

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

I was about to post defensive coach, but knowing Kolo is probably that, I held back.

The system is the problem, two solutions either make teams so fearful they scared to attack (this happened in brendan's first 9 months), or sort out the system a coaching issue.  Start by not keeping everyone back at corners and change how we marking.

There definitely are question marks over our defence, especially from set pieces, however a large part of our defensive issues is our midfield. Most games now our teams run through our midfield so easy and unchallenged its frightening. We know about Soumares limitations defensively but Ndidi has also been really poor this season which is a huge reason our defence is so bad. 

16 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Think you're right. 

I'm pretty sure Ricardo gets sold and Soyuncu if he doesn't sign a new deal. Then obviously Tielemans is leaving also while Iheanacho may think its time to move. 

Evidence in the Portuguese press that Ricky P has signed a new deal 

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Big, big overhaul coming this summer and hopefully Rodgers will be still here to lead it. Seen enough this last week to think he is still the right man to lead us but I'm looking at this squad and I think we're going to rip it up and rebuild. Rudkin, Congerton and Rodgers need to play blinders.

Don’t see the former (big overhaul) but do hope & expect Rodgers will still be here. Tielemans to leave obviously but I don’t see any other key players leaving. 

Long way to go this season. Let’s see how we’re doing January/February with Tielemans Justin & Fofana starting?

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

There definitely are question marks over our defence, especially from set pieces, however a large part of our defensive issues is our midfield. Most games now our teams run through our midfield so easy and unchallenged its frightening. We know about Soumares limitations defensively but Ndidi has also been really poor this season which is a huge reason our defence is so bad. 

I agree to a certain extent but that still doesn't take away from the point that our defense is just not upto scratch. Far too many times the CBs/RB/LB are out of position. Which causes chaos. 

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I agree to a certain extent but that still doesn't take away from the point that our defense is just not upto scratch. Far too many times the CBs/RB/LB are out of position. Which causes chaos. 

Agreed but our defence is under constant pressure in most games as they have no protection. So many times the defenders get caught out of position because the opposition has walked through out midfield far too easily. We definitely need the back 4 to improve but this will only happen when the midfield starts to protect them better. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bryn said:

I miss defenders that just ****ing defend you know. Give me a Huth or Morgan any day.

Another 15 million would have got Tarkowski , went for a cheaper option who will now rarely play,  especially when Fofana returns. 

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Another 15 million would have got Tarkowski , went for a cheaper option who will now rarely play,  especially when Fofana returns. 

We need to be back in for Tarkowski but he'll prob end up at Newcastle (if they don't go down) or West Ham as both will offer better wages. 

Not up for a wholesale slaughter. Our Academy needs to start producing more players for the cups, Europe and matches like tonight. Need lots of cash to replace the players who are leaving with players who have the potential to get and be better. Doubt that can happen in one summer. Of course contracts and resale value are a big issue. No doubt this next window will be a big deal but the transformation is ongoing.

I think moving Soumare on this soon is kind of nuts. This place doesn't have much patience and players need time to bed in. Contrary to popular belief I still think Vestergaard still has a future here as Rodgers took him out of the firing line and allowed him to bed in and get healthy. Looking forward to his next appearence.

On it goes.

15 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I miss defenders that just ****ing defend you know. Give me a Huth or Morgan any day.

To cheer myself up at half time I watched the Man City/Leicester match from 2016.

Huth     :punk:

41 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Think you're right. 

I'm pretty sure Ricardo gets sold and Soyuncu if he doesn't sign a new deal. Then obviously Tielemans is leaving also while Iheanacho may think its time to move. 

....I think Nacho will have hampered any potential move away having signed his new deal!!!

It has effectively raised his transfer fee and limits potential suitors.

23 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Don’t see the former (big overhaul) but do hope & expect Rodgers will still be here. Tielemans to leave obviously but I don’t see any other key players leaving. 

Long way to go this season. Let’s see how we’re doing January/February with Tielemans Justin & Fofana starting?

They will, we've so many players approaching a year or two left on their contracts. This squad has been together for a long while and several want new challenges, we'd be foolish not to cash in now and rebuild. Plus, you can see that it's gone sale and Rodgers methods wearing off, so he has to rip it up or leave/be sacked.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I think Nacho will have hampered any potential move away having signed his new deal!!!

It has effectively raised his transfer fee and limits potential suitors.

I don't think so, he'll only have 2 years left on his deal won't he? Someone would be willing to pay north of £30-35m knowing if you play to his strengths he will score 20+ a season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think so, he'll only have 2 years left on his deal won't he? Someone would be willing to pay north of £30-35m knowing if you play to his strengths he will score 20+ a season.

....his contract expires June 2024....!!!

We are not going to get over £25m for him, I really cannot see it happening.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....his contract expires June 2024....!!!

We are not going to get over £25m for him, I really cannot see it happening.

You would get 25m easy lol are you aware of the market these days? 

A mid table PL club would put 25m on the table for him tomorrow. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Not up for a wholesale slaughter. Our Academy needs to start producing more players for the cups, Europe and matches like tonight. Need lots of cash to replace the players who are leaving with players who have the potential to get and be better. Doubt that can happen in one summer. Of course contracts and resale value are a big issue. No doubt this next window will be a big deal but the transformation is ongoing.

I think moving Soumare on this soon is kind of nuts. This place doesn't have much patience and players need time to bed in. Contrary to popular belief I still think Vestergaard still has a future here as Rodgers took him out of the firing line and allowed him to bed in and get healthy. Looking forward to his next appearence.

On it goes.

You’re brave lol  I agree with you. But brave. Lol