Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

I just hope he understands we appreciated the first half showing last night as a opposed to what we've seen all season far.

Ok with all due respect it was a struggling Legia Warsaw but they're exactly the type of games and teams we struggle against apparently due to not being allowed to go forward and attack them, well, we did it and to great effect!

I did joke at HT it was far too positive and exciting for Rodgers and as it happens we came out in the 2nd half much more reserved, not quite as bad as we've largely been seeing so far this season (Calendar year) but on the verging towards passive, I understand it was simply seeing the game out, at 3-1 the game was won, however I feel if they managed to get that 2nd it could quite easily have turned into a Palace repeat - Thankfully they didn't.

Rightly or wrongly he's been critical of the fans for booing and being disgruntled, hopefully he noticed how we equally responded to the attacking intent from the 1st minute last night and acts on that going forward.

Agreed this might be harsh but the first half was end to end at times and I was imagining Brendan being displeased because despite scoring 3 goals we weren't controlling the pace of the game and Legia had the ball and were able to attack. Which in turn gave us the space to hurt them...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Agreed this might be harsh but the first half was end to end at times and I was imagining Brendan being displeased because despite scoring 3 goals we weren't controlling the pace of the game and Legia had the ball and were able to attack. Which in turn gave us the space to hurt them...

It did. I turned to my mate at halftime and said that I bet the players get a West Brom bollocking and things will change drastically in the second half!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Our shape was absolutely awful in the first half. The tempo wasn’t as high in the second half but Barnes, Castagne and possibly Daka should have all scored 

4 hours ago, SO1 said:

The officials deserved it to be honest. That was trash.

The last thing I want to see is Rodgers acting like a 5 year old on the touch line. That's our job. And although I watch matches on TV the most noise I heard last night was from the Legia Support(commentator source) consistently. Same as Chelsea. The TIFO was a good start but still feel like we're missing that 12th man (atmosphere).

Go to the games then, make a noise, not complain how we sound on t.v

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Hardly a 5 year old, just showing passion. Look at the top managers atm, Tuchel, Klopp, Guardiola, all animated and show passion on the sidelines

Would disagree too. Not a 5 year old, a 3 year old. Temper tantrum when things don't go his way, screaming at the nearest person. There's showing passion but with some degree of self control and respect for others, and Klopp no longer has that. He's turning into the German Mourinho, disappointing as I quite liked him before. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I get your point but Klopp trusts his players to go out and express themselves. In other words he let's them take responsibility while he acts as a megaphone cheerleader.

And you saying Brendan doesn’t then? Despite every young or new player stating just that.
Thomas, KDH, Daka just 3 I remember very recently publicly saying how Rodgers tells them, prior to going on, to relax, enjoy the moment, do THEIR thing, he knows that they are good enough etc then ending with them saying it gives them such a boost to know that Rodgers has trust and believes in them!

Even the little cabbage (Kaputska) has said prior to Legia game despite not playing for him Rodgers was the best coach he’d worked under and helped him in so many ways.

The notion that every pass made has to be a pass conjured up from the training ground is utter bull.

Edited by BKLFox

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

And you saying Brendan doesn’t then? Despite every young or new player stating just that.
Thomas, KDH, Daka just 3 I remember very recently publicly saying how Rodgers tells them, prior to going on, to relax, enjoy the moment, do THEIR thing, he knows that they are good enough etc then ending with them saying it gives them such a boost to know that Rodgers has trust and believes in them!

Even the little cabbage (Kaputska) has said prior to Legia game despite not playing for him Rodgers was the best coach he’d worked under and helped him in so many ways.

The notion that every pass made has to be a pass conjured up from the training ground is utter bull.

I hope you are right because some on here think that Rodgers dictates every aspect of the play. Its the Football Manager addiction I think. Our moderate form is as much to do with the players as it is with Rodgers.

• Like 1

The last two games it’s fair to say Brendan’s put somethings right. 

I personally think you could see we were trying to be a lot more direct today and lost the ball a bit more as that comes with the territory but it paid dividends. 

However, I think given the amount of fixtures coming up and the horrific conditions... it’s criminal he didn’t use all 3 subs. Especially as the game just needed to be managed late on. 

• Like 1

On 27/11/2021 at 14:04, Collymore said:

Brendan's ego is going to take a massive slam with the Claudio love in tomorrow...

If you assume Brendan is as insecure as some of our fans, then sure  :rolleyes:

I'm not going to judge the second half performance yesterday because the conditions meant that it barely resembled a football match. I was still unimpressed by our first half performance yesterday. We found ourselves 3-1 up due to the worst piece of individual defending I've seen at this level for years and two moments of individual quality at the top end of the pitch, not the overall team performance. Ultimately the win is all that really matters and I hope that it gives us some much needed confidence going into this run of fixtures.

17 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

First time I’ve heard Brendan Rodgers blue and white army sang in a long time which was good to hear rather than boo boys. 

It was good that is always followed Ranieri's song.

On 27/11/2021 at 15:07, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Hopefully Brendan's clever tactic of implying that Leicester players aren't elite produces a siege mentality within the squad and carries off from the midweek win.

Whilst not condoning players getting into the face of refs, our players seem to be too nice and accepting without any argument of many of the dodgy decisions that go against us. 

Yesterday seemed different. Kasper has always been one to point out the refs mistakes and was incensed about an incorrectly given corner in the first half. However there was a collective protest about the foul on Castagne leading to their second goal without which I doubt that VAR would've even looked at it. It must've been taken seriously given how long it took to make a decision. Perhaps that has contributed to why many decisions (hand balls etc) have been ignored in the past. 

Some players need to toughen up and play the officials like almost all other clubs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Whilst not condoning players getting into the face of refs, our players seem to be too nice and accepting without any argument of many of the dodgy decisions that go against us. 

Yesterday seemed different. Kasper has always been one to point out the refs mistakes and was incensed about an incorrectly given corner in the first half. However there was a collective protest about the foul on Castagne leading to their second goal without which I doubt that VAR would've even looked at it. It must've been taken seriously given how long it took to make a decision. Perhaps that has contributed to why many decisions (hand balls etc) have been ignored in the past. 

Some players need to toughen up and play the officials like almost all other clubs. 

It's a part of football that I really don't like. However, it's a case of 'can't beat them, join them'. 

6 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Agreed. So much wrong again yesterday. I know some will just see a win and think everything is great again, but god… that first 30-35 mins were terrible again. I’m not going to go all in on Rodgers for a change, some individuals just haven’t been at it. 

Kasper - kicking is crap, and is just having a go / blaming everyone else around him. Plus the silly interview is just making him come across arrogant. Not acting like the captain I thought he would. Still makes good saves, never question his shot stopping ability, but his general all round attitude I’m not loving. 

N’Didi - not been anywhere near his level since the injury. Doesn’t seem to be in ‘his usual positions’, soumare is often deeper. And legs flailing everywhere, gives you kittens watching sometimes. Still up there in terms of stats but he’s not looking like his usual assured self. In the first half not just the pen, but another wild swipe happened just before it… 

Barnes - looks predictable … always try’s the feint to go down the outside and players are reading it. Again form has been distrusted by injury but needs to look to be a bit more inventive and not so one dimensional. 

Castagne - twice got caught dwelling on the ball. Another who has done some talking in the media, maybe just concentrate on your own performance… 

Everyone else in general, just need to raise it 5-10%. Again some of this definitely at Rodgers door, we look so exposed / open defensively, we concede way too many goals.   

Although we looked a bit more potent in attack, even my old mate Maddison is starting look like a footballer again. Even his corners were beating the first man!

Hard to judge the second half like you say, but everything certainly isn’t rosey… 

As you've alluded to, we only played well in the last ten minutes of the first-half when we were 3-1 up and could express ourselves. We looked hungry to get that 4th goal which would have well and truly killed the game off, although there's no way we would have deserved to go in 4-1 up at half-time based on the overall balance of play. 

21 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Bloody hell, it must be hard work always looking to find something negative!

No one is saying it was perfect, but in tough conditions against a team who are doing okay at the minute, we scored 4 goals, (for the 3rd time this season).

It’s not perfect, but we are 2 points off the top 6, top of our Europa League group and in the 1/4 final of the league cup - all this with a terrible start to the season, it’s certainly not all roses and lollipops but it also isn’t nearly as bad as some are making out.

Sorry, I don't think anything that the poster said was wrong. As I posted in another thread, we won the game and that was the most important thing. It relieves a lot of pressure because we could have potentially found ourselves looking over our shoulder if we lost. However, the performance for the majority of the first-half was not good (I'm disregarding the second-half because it was almost a complete free-for-all). We scored three goals but that was down to moments of individual brilliance and their centre-half doing something ridiculous and was not representative of the balance of play. My hope is that the win will give us a lift and help improve the performances, which in turn should yield more points. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

First time I’ve heard Brendan Rodgers blue and white army sang in a long time which was good to hear rather than boo boys. 

....I  suspect as they had just given a rendition of "Ranieri,Ranieri....", It may have seemed embarrassing not to pay some kind of respect to your existing manager standing right in front of you.