Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

18 minutes ago, turlo said:

With slow starts again a problem, Rodgers says it is something he is seeking a solution to.

“I think it’s something that goes back, that predates my time coming in,” Rodgers said. “That was something that was mentioned about the team.

Whilst there's some truth in that, he's an 'elite' manager paid an 'elite' wage to sort that shit out and not be talking about it nearly 3 years down the line. If the problem pre-dates him, why isn't it fixed, or at least improved.

20 minutes ago, turlo said:

“It shouldn’t need a spark, either from the manager at half-time, or for something to happen in the game, in order to create that. That’s something we have to continually talk on, something we have done, but we have to continually repeat that message.

Whilst there's some truth in that, there's times when it is important to get a spark from the manager at half time. Continually repeat the message by all means, but also be able to react to match situations as they are happening. If we're getting over-run for 20 minutes or more, as we have been at times, change something to impact that. 

24 minutes ago, turlo said:

“The one thing I will say, is the flip-side of that is that when we maybe don’t start at our best, I don’t think you can question this team’s resilience. In the main, you saw the other night, we went behind in the game and that can clearly affect your confidence, but we get back into the game and by the end of the game, we’re finishing really strongly and should win the game.

.This is where I agree with some of his comments. I think we have shown resilience to eek out results whilst simultaneously conceding a barrowload.

Our points total is pretty good when compared with performances. He does lose it a bit at the end of this paragraph, unless he's referring to one specific match though. We have finished strongly on occasions, but that's because we've had no choice or the oppo (as in the Arsenal match) took the sting out of matches they were leading.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Whilst there's some truth in that, he's an 'elite' manager paid an 'elite' wage to sort that shit out and not be talking about it nearly 3 years down the line. If the problem pre-dates him, why isn't it fixed, or at least improved.

This is the main issue I have with his statement, surely 3 years is long enough to improve an “obvious” issue that we’ve had since before he joined.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

This is the main issue I have with his statement, surely 3 years is long enough to improve an “obvious” issue that we’ve had since before he joined.

It's piss poor. He's trousered 18 million plus and is saying, basically, he hasn't addressed a big issue since he arrived. 

Except he did address it. This is just the protection of brand Brendan. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

It's the set piece issue all over again. We've been continuously conceding from corners for the best part of two years.... How has this not been even remotely improved upon? Of anything, it's getting worse. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wattolcfc said:

It's the main issue in what he's said, for sure. It's what he might actually think that bothers me a little more. There's no self reflection in there at all.

I don't expect any manager to sit and say it's all his fault, because it never is, but he does seem adept at shifting responsibility.

Hopefully, in private, he's much more honest with himself, otherwise, we're likely to continue going backwards. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Now I have been one of a few here asking for patience as Rodgers is seemingly realizing his faults re mentality, conservatism and team selection. I need not repeat.

But mate, Rodgers, the problem starts with you. You have been here for more than 2 years now. Looking for a scapegoat in Puel is not just piss poor but pathetic:

www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/problem-plaguing-leicester-citys-season-6304646.amp

You want the players to have belief and take ownership. Start by taking responsibility yourself.

100% agreed, after 3 years you can’t be blaming someone else! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

It's piss poor. He's trousered 18 million plus and is saying, basically, he hasn't addressed a big issue since he arrived. 

Except he did address it. This is just the protection of brand Brendan. 

This is exactly why I struggle to fully embrace the Rodgers project, we might have some success under him but it will always be his own reputation the comes first never the club, just seems like one of those narcissistic characters who will blame anyone else but himself 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sammy82 said:

This is exactly why I struggle to fully embrace the Rodgers project, we might have some success under him but it will always be his own reputation the comes first never the club, just seems like one of those narcissistic characters who will blame anyone else but himself 

A top flight manager? At near elite level? Who is a bit of a narcissist? Well I never, what is the world coming too?

If you are looking for meek, go to church,

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

A top flight manager? At near elite level? Who is a bit of a narcissist? Well I never, what is the world coming too?

If you are looking for meek, go to church,

You’re picking out my narcissist description, calm down just opinions mate! So you don’t agree that blaming a manager from 3 years ago isn’t frustrating? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sammy82 said:

You’re picking out my narcissist description, calm down just opinions mate! So you don’t agree that blaming a manager from 3 years ago isn’t frustrating? 

I think there is tendency to seize on the negatives without accepting their could be mitigating factors. I am not his biggest fan (napoleon syndrome) but I can accept what he has achieved, I also accept it has been a sh*t show in terms of injuries and that we are not as much of a draw as some people would think. In terms of blaming Puel, it’s misdirection sure, but as I say, he is a PL manager, so of course  he is a bit of a self interested sh*t lol

He needs to fix the obvious flaws, and as he has blamed the previous regime which is a bit of cheap shot, but his acknowledgement of this means the clock is now ticking. (For me anyway)

38 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I think there is tendency to seize on the negatives without accepting their could be mitigating factors. I am not his biggest fan (napoleon syndrome) but I can accept what he has achieved, I also accept it has been a sh*t show in terms of injuries and that we are not as much of a draw as some people would think. In terms of blaming Puel, it’s misdirection sure, but as I say, he is a PL manager, so of course  he is a bit of a self interested sh*t lol

He needs to fix the obvious flaws, and as he has blamed the previous regime which is a bit of cheap shot, but his acknowledgement of this means the clock is now ticking. (For me anyway)

We’ve basically got a similar opinion on the matter so no need for the go to church bullocks, I want nothing more than Rodgers taking us to another level 👍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sammy82 said:

We’ve basically got a similar opinion on the matter so no need for the go to church bullocks, I want nothing more than Rodgers taking us to another level 👍

He is doing mate. Just not the level you had in mind. 

• Haha 1