Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

The only player that 3-4-1-2 suits under Rodgers is Iheanacho. If we play 4-4-2 we lose the midfield battle and if we play the diamond we are easily exposed by teams that are strong out wide. It's annoying as Iheanacho is a goalscorer and creator but only when he plays in a front 2. He can't lead the line on his own either, although I do wonder if that could be worked on better with 2 direct wingers, I thought Barnes and Ünder last season could have pushed on and Kelechi as a 9 that holds the ball up and feeds them but it wasn't overly great.

It's a tricky one.

Just wondering people are not loving the Traore link as he’s all substance and no finish but if he comes here we’ll have a decent pacy winger that can with the right manager & coaches can learn to finish it took Vardy a couple of seasons to be a a lethal finisher now he’s unstoppable at times, maybe bring in Traore get him training with Vardy who knows we could improve his finishing ?

Edited by justfoxes

45 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Just wondering people are not loving the Traore link as he’s all substance and no finish but if he comes here we’ll have a decent pacy winger that can with the right manager & coaches can learn to finish it took Vardy a couple of seasons to be a a lethal finisher now he’s unstoppable at times, maybe bring in Traore get him training with Vardy who knows we could improve his finishing ?

What Traore link?

No manager will ever get him to have end product, absolutely no point. We'd be pulling our hair out with him.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Mane and Salah spend the most of their time out wide rather than in central areas of the pitch

They then come inside once they they are in a position to enter the box rather than going into the actual corner

Absolutely and it works well. I think in Vardy, Barnes, Iheanacho and Daka, we have the players there to do similar if not exactly the same and frighten the death out of many defences. We saw last year how good a provider Vardy was from the left to Iheanacho and Daka has played on the right before. With Barnes as well there's plenty to work with I think. 

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What Traore link?

No manager will ever get him to have end product, absolutely no point. We'd be pulling our hair out with him.

Maybe but his threat on the RW would take a lot of attention of the likes of Maddison, Barnes. 

He draw players too him, I'd rather have him then a Lookman or a Perez 

The talk of Wolves only wanting 20m is crazy.

Edited by coolhandfox

52 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...so they can get rid...!!!

True, but "one man's trash is another man's treasure." 

He underperformed last season but so did the whole wolves team, and he has struggled under a new manager. 

But if someone can get him back to his 2019-20 form (4 goals, 9 assists), he will be a steal when he terrorised the team.

We haven't got loads of cash, so we have to take the odd gamble and risk. 

Edited by coolhandfox

We should keep the 20. Sell Iheanacho for 30 to 50 and go out and buy an attacker with the right attributes to perform(score goals) in any system Rodgers and the club choose. 50 to 80 mil ought to do it. Right?

Screw gambling on a half a player. Because a kick and runner is not what we need especially when he kicks it out of play or loses possession. How's Trincao working out?

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

True, but "one man's trash is another man's treasure." 

He underperformed last season but so did the whole wolves team, and he has struggled under a new manager. 

But if someone can get him back to his 2019-20 form (4 goals, 9 assists), he will be a steal when he terrorised the team.

We haven't got loads of cash, so we have to take the odd gamble and risk. 

...if you have to take a gamble and we are said to be looking at him, it would be Amoo..!!!

He looks like he could develop to be some player. He can create, shoot accurately and beat a man. He is also left footed and plays on the right.

I know we need an experienced player right at this moment but we should be picking him up as a matter of course.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

Now I have been one of a few here asking for patience as Rodgers is seemingly realizing his faults re mentality, conservatism and team selection. I need not repeat.

But mate, Rodgers, the problem starts with you. You have been here for more than 2 years now. Looking for a scapegoat in Puel is not just piss poor but pathetic:

www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/problem-plaguing-leicester-citys-season-6304646.amp

You want the players to have belief and take ownership. Start by taking responsibility yourself.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

But mate, Rodgers, the problem starts with you. You have been here for more than 2 years now. Looking for a scapegoat in Puel is not just piss poor but pathetic:

On friendly terms with Rodgers then, I didn't know he was your mate?

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Now I have been one of a few here asking for patience as Rodgers is seemingly realizing his faults re mentality, conservatism and team selection. I need not repeat.

www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/problem-plaguing-leicester-citys-season-6304646.amp

You want the players to have belief and take ownership. Start by taking responsibility yourself.

You are right, that is plainly ridiculous and pathetic. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

This is crazy talk from Rogers it's like your admitting your not good enough and have no solution.

11 minutes ago, FoxesFourLife said:

This is crazy talk from Rogers it's like your admitting your not good enough and have no solution.

....I  have to admit there is truth in what he is saying!!!

We have watched this same scenario play out time and time again and here we are, in the front row, watching it happening all over again. 

These are not the same players under Ranieri or under Puel but the same malaise keeps recurring. The obvious pointers to this problem would be the players  in the team who have played with these aforementioned managers. Is there something in that group (and it is a narrow selection) that imparts pressure, in such a way, that undermines this club.

Are there any outside (not team related) influence that impacts the club or is this a natural cycle, of managers and players inability to cohesively improve in a linear manner.

Rodgers has his flaws, he is seemingly more and more under pressure, for him to be airing his views to the press, or it may just be, that he has become comfortable and  his assurances by the owners, now allows him to be candid in his role.

I predict a big shake up is going to happen at this club and it will not be anything we might be expecting. 

He's losing the plot with some of the crap he's been coming out with lately.  The fact we've gone through long periods in Rodgers 2.5 years here when we've come out the blocks fast suggests it's a more recent issue. 

With slow starts again a problem, Rodgers says it is something he is seeking a solution to.

“I think it’s something that goes back, that predates my time coming in,” Rodgers said. “That was something that was mentioned about the team.

“You go into a game and your idea and your principles are to create a plan that’s based around the clarity and idea of how you want to work, which we give the players.

“You’ve got to maintain that mentality to attack the game, and that’s something that we need to have a look at. Our way is to impose our style into the game and that’s something we have to be better at.

“It shouldn’t need a spark, either from the manager at half-time, or for something to happen in the game, in order to create that. That’s something we have to continually talk on, something we have done, but we have to continually repeat that message.

“The first 10 minutes of any game is very important, no matter who your opponent is. I said when I first came in, it was about going to any stadium and being able to play our game. When we’re really at our best and have that focus on the game, that is something we can do at a very high level.

“The one thing I will say, is the flip-side of that is that when we maybe don’t start at our best, I don’t think you can question this team’s resilience. In the main, you saw the other night, we went behind in the game and that can clearly affect your confidence, but we get back into the game and by the end of the game, we’re finishing really strongly and should win the game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Rodgers I'd right, this happened before he got here under a shit regime where a core of the same players weren't being led properly. He sorted us out and now seems powerless to preventing us regress back to the same passive and laboured football. This is as much on him as the players, his effectiveness is wearing off. There's a malaise set in and he either shakes this up 9r he will be leaving, most likely not on his own accord.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

When the manager starts talking nonsense he's feeling the pressure.

We just need him to get back to basics, Solid in defense creative in midfield and take what chances we create.

That’s simple to say, but not sure it’s that easy in practice?