Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

But I’d rather give a detailed reason for my opinion rather than just being simplistic. Because opinions have more meat on the bones and with a depth of knowledge behind it  carry more weight than just hiding behind a boring narrative.

Yes your right though, I believe nearly everytime we’ve played bad it’s down to Rodgers. I’ve seen some utter crap over the years from different managers, players, set ups etc, but I have never seen us under any manager be so predictable.

Predictable in terms of, by the first 10/15 mins you can tell when we’re going to be awful and tell when we’re going to cruise it.

Unless we have the most bi polar set of players in history, it’s because depending how Rodgers sets up depends how we tick.

The worst thing about it that makes me go mad is - fair enough everyone makes mistakes but with Rodgers, when he makes a mistake, you know full well we are waiting till his customary 60 mins or so to change anything!!

I don’t know how many games I’ve been screaming at my tv ‘Brendan it’s coming, Brendan change it!’ Because so many times it’s been coming and he’s stood on the side lines looking gormless clapping his hands whilst we’re riding our luck.

If anyone actually couldn’t see Newcastle was going to score after about 5 mins then your watching a different game.

We had warning after warning, Soyuncu lucky not to give a pen, Castange diving in recklessly, They flashed a header wide..we were on the ropes! Then they are clear through with Saint Maxim..we were let off 3 or 4 times and he’s not reacting. Soyuncu made a mistake for the first but the goal was coming because we were all over the place. The players can only play to their strengths. You need a manager who can get the ceiling of the strengths out of the players he has by playing them correctly.

lollollollollol 

Nurse!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Koke said:

A lot of the usual suspects on here don't wanna hear 1 word of critical opinion of Rodgers. Guys like Perez and Maddison get abused on here for bad displays but their manager is somehow above criticism. Your last sentence basically sums up Rodgers and City. 

I see very little OTT defence of Rodgers on here. I see a crap ton of OTT XXXXL criticism of him though! 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I see very little OTT defence of Rodgers on here. I see a crap ton of OTT XXXXL criticism of him though! 

I see both of those to be honest. I'd like to think I'm fair on Rodgers but I've been called a Rodgers hater and accused of being delusional and a "new fan". 

So pleased I have given this forum a few days off after Friday night.  I was fuming during and after the game and would quite happily have seen the back of just about every player and the management involved in the game.  That was a real low for me and flogging would not have been over the top.  Thankfully I have resisted writing over the top bollocks after (Soyuncu thread apart, although he really was appaling).

However now I have seen the rest of the results at the weekend I am still optimistic about a top 4 finish and this is one of the biggest weeks of my life supporting Leicester City. 1 game against a hopefully understrength Man Utd tomorrow and then 2 defining games against Chelsea, one in the cup and the other if we manage to do them at the Bridge could well see us favourites for 3rd place.  Just pause and think about that.  3rd Place and an FA Cup win. 

Would that make it as good a season as the title winning season, especially as we have suffered badly with injuries and Man City are far and away the best team in the world at this moment?  I think we all need to reset a little and get back to being excited about this week.  We can not change the results and performances of the last 2 games but they can as a team put it right.  A week may well be all the difference in attitudes to players (especially Maddison) and the manager.

One thing though. Please Brendan play 4-2-3-1 from now on.  It is how we get the best out of what we have. :scarf::scarf::scarf:

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, deep blue said:

A great article from a passionate supporter, well expressed.  But no matter what pains you go to explain your view, you'll still get someone on here who shows you total disrespect by the single word reply "rubbish".  I hope not;  it's good to get discussion and see the diverse views well explained.

When you talk about coincidence, I don't believe in it either but I did pick up on 2 facts that make you think, and worry.  Firstly, the last time we conceded 4 goals, apparently, was at Bournemouth last summer.  Secondly, the pattern of being above Chelsea for most of the year and them creeping up to overtake us at pretty well exactly the same stage both seasons. Talk about deja vu!

Let's hope not, and that a miracle unfolds for us in the next 2 weeks :scarf:

Thank you and yeah I will express how I feel, knowing that people won’t like anything bad to say about Sir Brendan. I loved him at the start, 18/19 ending and 19/20 up until Brighton at home(we had fallen off a cliff since December 2019 but I didn’t say a bad word about him until July 2020) but I’m bold enough to change my mind when I see mistake after mistake after mistake.

As you said, I know people don’t like hearing any criticisms and would rather put their head in the sand when it’s too late but I will still express what I see and will hammer anyone when I believe they deserve hammering.

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

In the same post you've said the squad is in the top 5 squads, and yet it would be a failure for this squad to not finish top 4. How does that work? That's before you even question whether Spurs squad is actually worse or just massively underperforming. I mean, they were literally in a Champions league final not long ago. 

You then seemingly ignore the fact that we've had injury after injury this season with players struggling massively for form when coming back, and that we're missing probably two of the three players who would be up for player of the season. 

And with that, I'll refer you to your post at the start of the season.

We haven't been lucky and we haven't been injury free. So how about taking that into consideration?

Now, that's not to suggest there aren't issues. But it's possible to have issues and the manager still actually be doing a fine job. 

We've had a lot of injury issues since he joined and seem to run out of steam at the end of a season. Is there an issue with the training and conditioning?

He's over thought games and often been negative. But on the flip side we've shown great improvement in most of the games against the top clubs this season and we had the best record  against the top clubs out of everyone, that was down to Rodgers being more open to sit back and counter. So we have to credit him there. 

Yes he has some blind spots, and to get into this position two seasons running and not see it through suggests there is an issue we need to try and address. But it doesn't mean someone else would have done a better job with an injury hit squad than he has. 

Well here we go to answer all that. Yes we are 100% in the top 5 squads, arguably better but I said 5th best as I believe that’s the lowest that’s debatable.

I’ll say you’ve made some good points but the bit about Spurs is so far wrong it’s unreal and I explained in my initial post why with the Arsenal Spurs perception rather than actual substance.

They were incredibly lucky to made the CL final, they were dropping like a stone in the league and the cracks were already appearing.

They had lost Walker and Dembele from there peak team and have since lost Vertongen, Trippier, Rose and probably most importantly Erikson who was there Tielemens for 3/4 years. Adding on the fact the likes of Lloris and Alderweireld are much older past their best and Deli Ali has fallen off a cliff, I could go on. They are an absolute shadow of the team they had 14/15-17/18. So let’s end that Spurs debate right there because it’s embarrassing.

Now onto the next bit. I’ve taken into consideration the injuries and that’s why I’ve never been claiming he should be sacked until Friday. When I say he should be sacked I mean at the end of the season not now. He deserves the season hes produced to suceed but IF he fails then yes he’s ultimately failed and he should go,

He ultimately failed with Liverpool in 13/14 and they kept him on and he was pathetic in 14/15 and somehow still stayed on and another pathetic 15/16 and he’s gone. He was living off a near miss which he ultimately bottled again but because Liverpool had never won the league, he got some rep that kept him time.

He needs a 1 team league to build this god like media narrative to mask over the fact he’s quite an average manager with so many flaws it’s scary to see from someone who I’m told is a supposed big 6 manager.

Hes win some big games like City away by being negative and it worked. I explained above how there was a lot of luck involved and it’s about horses for courses. This was immediately summed up by having West Ham at home the next game and he didn’t adjust!

At the time I was going mad before the lost because it was inevitable and stupid tactics and I was far from the only one going mad before that game.

I can go into so many games he’s blown at the start. Brighton and Bournemouth last season he was the main reason we lost by his bizarre bs and that cost us top 4. This season he’s been more negative and seems to of got more scared. I loved the way we played our first 2 games of the season but since Man City away he’s had a habit of using it in games we shouldn’t be - horses for courses just as I said.

We can go on about West Ham at home, Fulham at home, Everton at home(putting Wilf to CB after he’d shown what a big miss he was the week previously Vs Brighton), Leeds home, Newcastle at home and could go on and on. I’m not just listing any losses, I’m listing losses that I believe he has to take the responsibility, in my opinion. I didn’t list Villa home and Arsenal at home for example as I weigh up the situation.

Your even agreeing with me that he’s been too negative and making strange decisions over complicating it. Exactly my point and in the same way you say ‘It doesn’t mean we would be doing better with another manager’ I’ll come back and say ‘it doesn’t mean another manager wouldn’t be doing better than Rodgers’.

To finish off, Quoting a post of mine at the start of the season is irrelevant. Things change, how could I expect Chelsea to be so bad? How can I expect Liverpool to get an injury list worse than ours and go from being unbeaten at Anfield for 3 1/2 seasons to losing 6, yes SIX! Home games in a row.

In life, as well as in football, you have to take opportunities that are given to you. If you have a mindset of ‘oh but a few years go I’d of taken that so it’s ok now’ is just an awful way to think and a losers mindset.

Things change, we are(were) in a great position for the 2nd season running and him trying to over complicate things and fart around over the last few weeks, IF it costs us again then I’m sorry to all the BR lovers but that’s a monumental **** up and 1 that deserves punishing.

The FA Cup would be a great achievement because we are underdogs vs Chelsea and if we win it will take fight guts and quality. If we lose it’s expected so as long as we fight that’s all that matters.

The top 4 however, that’s ours to lose. It’s been ours to lose for 2 seasons. We’ve been in the top 4 for over 95% of the time in 2 seasons. We’re there because we are a quality squad and the other big 6 have had hugely problematic seasons.

Its ours to lose and if we lose it from here then it’s purely down to bottle not quality.

As I said before, if we were pushing hard and Liverpool pushed harder and hammered wind out then fair play but what’s happening is Liverpool have tried to bottle it for the past 6 months and are handing it on a plate, if we bottle it harder and let them get it by ‘playing crap and falling over the line’ then it’s an absolute joke and no excuse.

You could forgive him once but he’s done it at Liverpool, he done it last season and hes doing it again! You can forgive mistakes but that’s a full on pattern. I don’t believe in coincidences, hes a bottle merchant.

Huge week for him and us, arguably the biggest of his career and Leicester City’s history.

Lets see if he’s going to be bold or continue with a negative 5 atb, even without Evans and fall away meekly. Onto you Brendan, earn your ****ing money!

Noel Whelan the all seeing Irish leprechaun who sees the future knows all and sees all recons Brendan could still do a u turn and Leave for Spudhotspur !!

Think he should just stick to other talents, has he got any since retiring from football ???

https://www.footballinsider247.com/whelan-tips-rodgers-to-perform-tottenham-u-turn-on-one-condition-after-door-opens/

8 hours ago, deep blue said:

A great article from a passionate supporter, well expressed.  But no matter what pains you go to explain your view, you'll still get someone on here who shows you total disrespect by the single word reply "rubbish".  I hope not;  it's good to get discussion and see the diverse views well explained.

When you talk about coincidence, I don't believe in it either but I did pick up on 2 facts that make you think, and worry.  Firstly, the last time we conceded 4 goals, apparently, was at Bournemouth last summer.  Secondly, the pattern of being above Chelsea for most of the year and them creeping up to overtake us at pretty well exactly the same stage both seasons. Talk about deja vu!

Let's hope not, and that a miracle unfolds for us in the next 2 weeks :scarf:

The Bournemouth game was also 4th from the end of the season.

I do like this logic that him falling away twice from excellent positions suddenly makes him a more attractive manager, says random former player from the 1990s.

"Yes, he'd be more tempted if Leicester haven't got Champions League football, which has absolutely nothing to do with them throwing away huge leads and not coping with the pressure".

11 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Thank you and yeah I will express how I feel, knowing that people won’t like anything bad to say about Sir Brendan. I loved him at the start, 18/19 ending and 19/20 up until Brighton at home(we had fallen off a cliff since December 2019 but I didn’t say a bad word about him until July 2020) but I’m bold enough to change my mind when I see mistake after mistake after mistake.

As you said, I know people don’t like hearing any criticisms and would rather put their head in the sand when it’s too late but I will still express what I see and will hammer anyone when I believe they deserve hammering.

Well here we go to answer all that. Yes we are 100% in the top 5 squads, arguably better but I said 5th best as I believe that’s the lowest that’s debatable.

I’ll say you’ve made some good points but the bit about Spurs is so far wrong it’s unreal and I explained in my initial post why with the Arsenal Spurs perception rather than actual substance.

They were incredibly lucky to made the CL final, they were dropping like a stone in the league and the cracks were already appearing.

They had lost Walker and Dembele from there peak team and have since lost Vertongen, Trippier, Rose and probably most importantly Erikson who was there Tielemens for 3/4 years. Adding on the fact the likes of Lloris and Alderweireld are much older past their best and Deli Ali has fallen off a cliff, I could go on. They are an absolute shadow of the team they had 14/15-17/18. So let’s end that Spurs debate right there because it’s embarrassing.

Now onto the next bit. I’ve taken into consideration the injuries and that’s why I’ve never been claiming he should be sacked until Friday. When I say he should be sacked I mean at the end of the season not now. He deserves the season hes produced to suceed but IF he fails then yes he’s ultimately failed and he should go,

He ultimately failed with Liverpool in 13/14 and they kept him on and he was pathetic in 14/15 and somehow still stayed on and another pathetic 15/16 and he’s gone. He was living off a near miss which he ultimately bottled again but because Liverpool had never won the league, he got some rep that kept him time.

He needs a 1 team league to build this god like media narrative to mask over the fact he’s quite an average manager with so many flaws it’s scary to see from someone who I’m told is a supposed big 6 manager.

Hes win some big games like City away by being negative and it worked. I explained above how there was a lot of luck involved and it’s about horses for courses. This was immediately summed up by having West Ham at home the next game and he didn’t adjust!

At the time I was going mad before the lost because it was inevitable and stupid tactics and I was far from the only one going mad before that game.

I can go into so many games he’s blown at the start. Brighton and Bournemouth last season he was the main reason we lost by his bizarre bs and that cost us top 4. This season he’s been more negative and seems to of got more scared. I loved the way we played our first 2 games of the season but since Man City away he’s had a habit of using it in games we shouldn’t be - horses for courses just as I said.

We can go on about West Ham at home, Fulham at home, Everton at home(putting Wilf to CB after he’d shown what a big miss he was the week previously Vs Brighton), Leeds home, Newcastle at home and could go on and on. I’m not just listing any losses, I’m listing losses that I believe he has to take the responsibility, in my opinion. I didn’t list Villa home and Arsenal at home for example as I weigh up the situation.

Your even agreeing with me that he’s been too negative and making strange decisions over complicating it. Exactly my point and in the same way you say ‘It doesn’t mean we would be doing better with another manager’ I’ll come back and say ‘it doesn’t mean another manager wouldn’t be doing better than Rodgers’.

To finish off, Quoting a post of mine at the start of the season is irrelevant. Things change, how could I expect Chelsea to be so bad? How can I expect Liverpool to get an injury list worse than ours and go from being unbeaten at Anfield for 3 1/2 seasons to losing 6, yes SIX! Home games in a row.

In life, as well as in football, you have to take opportunities that are given to you. If you have a mindset of ‘oh but a few years go I’d of taken that so it’s ok now’ is just an awful way to think and a losers mindset.

Things change, we are(were) in a great position for the 2nd season running and him trying to over complicate things and fart around over the last few weeks, IF it costs us again then I’m sorry to all the BR lovers but that’s a monumental **** up and 1 that deserves punishing.

The FA Cup would be a great achievement because we are underdogs vs Chelsea and if we win it will take fight guts and quality. If we lose it’s expected so as long as we fight that’s all that matters.

The top 4 however, that’s ours to lose. It’s been ours to lose for 2 seasons. We’ve been in the top 4 for over 95% of the time in 2 seasons. We’re there because we are a quality squad and the other big 6 have had hugely problematic seasons.

Its ours to lose and if we lose it from here then it’s purely down to bottle not quality.

As I said before, if we were pushing hard and Liverpool pushed harder and hammered wind out then fair play but what’s happening is Liverpool have tried to bottle it for the past 6 months and are handing it on a plate, if we bottle it harder and let them get it by ‘playing crap and falling over the line’ then it’s an absolute joke and no excuse.

You could forgive him once but he’s done it at Liverpool, he done it last season and hes doing it again! You can forgive mistakes but that’s a full on pattern. I don’t believe in coincidences, hes a bottle merchant.

Huge week for him and us, arguably the biggest of his career and Leicester City’s history.

Lets see if he’s going to be bold or continue with a negative 5 atb, even without Evans and fall away meekly. Onto you Brendan, earn your ****ing money!

This was the point at which I stopped reading. Are you actually being serious? You don't just go from mid-table quality to top 6 quality overnight, because that's what's happened to us since Puel got the boot. I genuinely believe that is 100% down to Rodgers' coaching. He is a top 6 manager easily, probably top 4 in all honesty. I hope he's Leicester manager for many more years, because we won't get anyone better. Mental. 

• Like 2

If we had been seventh or eighth most of the season and finished the season strongly most on here would be happier I reckon. We have started the last two seasons so strongly that any falling off is seen as a failure. In truth we haven't yet found that true grit to keep it up all season but this season is better than last so we are getting there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If we had been seventh or eighth most of the season and finished the season strongly most on here would be happier I reckon. We have started the last two seasons so strongly that any falling off is seen as a failure. In truth we haven't yet found that true grit to keep it up all season but this season is better than last so we are getting there.

Yes because if we were 7/8th all season then that’s probably roughly our level. Like Everton and West Ham type squads, decent but lacking the extra quality.

The fact we’ve been in the top 4 for 95% of 2 seasons mean we are on another level, so to drop twice right at the end shows huge flaws in the manager rather than a lack of talent. That’s the unfortunate truth that a lot of people can’t handle so go on the attack 🤣. It’s a shame really because we should all be celebrating CL football now with the bonus of an FA Cup final with a better manager..oh well.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I doubt it. Puel finished 9th in his first season with an inferior squad and half the fan base still wanted him out. God help Rodgers if he ever finds himself languishing 8th or 9th with this team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

You seem very triggered deanolegend1989, is everything OK? 

We love you. 

Having an opinion that goes against the ‘I can’t hear a bad word about Brendan’ isn’t triggered. It’s just stating my opinion in a world where your allowed freedom of speech.

If you or others don’t like my opinion that’s fine but I’m not going to nod along after some of the crap management and bottle I’ve seen him do.

The only reason some people worship him is because of the media narrative. As soon as that changes , everyone follows because it’s the easy option.
Ive known huge Jose fans now saying he’s a dinosaur as soon as the media try and portray him that way. People are so influenced without having their own opinion. 
I don’t listen to certain notions and cliches that are basically ‘saying something without saying anything’ I go on what I see and if I believe something that isn’t the popular opinion, I will say the unpopular decision.

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

I doubt it. Puel finished 9th in his first season with an inferior squad and half the fan base still wanted him out. God help Rodgers if he ever finds himself languishing 8th or 9th with this team.

I honestly believe if Brendan was 8/9th a majority of the foxes fan mafia would still be going nuts if anyone dares criticising this apparent ‘god’ we have in charge. We were in league 1 in 2009 wernt we? how can we complain? 🤣.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1