Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, st albans fox said:

I assume he didn’t want them ‘sitting back on their laurels’ after last season and thinking the job was done.  we don’t know was was said to them behind the scenes ....

But like someone said it seems to have had the opposite effect let's hope it's all part of his masterplan hopefully starting this Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, kiwiturk said:

What heck you are taking about and what are you on? Stop talking gibberish  and stay with the topic.

You stated below we had the best LCFC team assembled, I was simple pointing out 85% of our strongest starting 11 was available to Puel.

4 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

I've said that even when we were winning games and have been crucified for it but I stand bloody firm on it.

Today I'm repeating my statement. 

BR is a overrated,  overbloodypaid, incompetent football manager  with zero vision.

We have the best LCFC team ever assembled for his disposal but he simply doesn't have the capacity to manage it.

Simple is that 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

FA Cup quarter final and semi final? 

Yeah there are exceptions to it of course and there has definitely been more of an improvement on last season. Just not confident we'll turn up 

If Puel started with 5 at the back like he did there would be uproar.. it will always be BR’s down fall as he needed to be brave but instead went for safe (which never works lol

Edited by chapero82
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

If Puel started with 5 at the back like he did there would be uproar.. it will always be BR’s down fall as he needed to be brave but instead went for safe (which never works lol

pretty sure there is constant uproar for BR starting 5 at the back. Nice to see Puel brought back in though. I've missed him! 

49 minutes ago, nettle said:

He should've praised the players after the West Brom because that's the best we've played for a bit from what I've seen served up recently. Imagine playing well then him going on camera and slating them I bet that went down well. 

It was odd that he criticized the team after that performance which was solid enough if not spectacular.  It is even more odd that he then chooses not to criticize the ****show on Friday night and highlights defensive errors costing us. 

It's much more than defensive errors, at the moment it is a capitulation unfolding yet again.

8 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I know, right, when we could and should have been 2nd. Unreal. 

1st. 

This squad is the best Leicester has ever had and Rodgers is very highly paid. Puel would have us top, no doubt in my mind!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Take Rodgers out and insert your own Manager choice and where do you think Leicester should be in the league right now based on our squad etc? 

I thought about this same question earlier actually an I believe this squad with any half competent manager should finish 7th-10th, so say we end up finishing 6th, i'm not so sure thats massively over achieving. 

Brendan really is marmite isn't he? We win , he is genius , we lose , why did he do that? We lose three or four in a row , God help him. His real problem , in my strange reasoning , is that he is respected but not liked and probably never will be.

26 minutes ago, thankyouleicester said:

The one criticism I have of BR is the bizarre 5 at the back, especially against inferior opponents.

Anytime I've seen 5 at the back it has rarely worked. Why does he keep persisting with something that doesn't work?

But it isn't 5 at the back, it's 3 centre backs with 2 attacking wing backs. The thing is you need the right type of player to make it work, which currently we don't have as we have no natural left wing back. The only natural left footer is Thomas, who currently is not yet good enough, so we end up with square pegs in round holes.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, thankyouleicester said:

The one criticism I have of BR is the bizarre 5 at the back, especially against inferior opponents.

Anytime I've seen 5 at the back it has rarely worked. Why does he keep persisting with something that doesn't work?

Is it a 3412 or a 5212?  It works for Chelsea, plus we don't have any wide men with one injured and the other not trusted, so this could be why he's gone with the back 3 or 5!  

Edited by Le Renard

35 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

"Alexa, show me delusions of grandeur."

Rodgers has never lost more than two games in a row with us (all comps).

The last time he lost 3 games in a row as a manager was with Swansea in March/April 2012.

I didn't know that so good for him , he will be spared a mauling on here . That is a pretty impressive record I have to admit.