Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

33 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I’ve read everything I could and I’ve come to the conclusion our teams form comes down to nerves. It’s a mental thing. Yesterday is showed when they took the lead and took their foot off the gas immediately allowing manu to hit back and everyone lost focus.

rogers has been repeating this over and over again now concentration, focus. I believe him because if you look at the goals we’ve conceded it’s all down to our mistakes which are sloppy and below our standards if happens when we lose focus. Like a high performance car needs to be revved high and drive hard it can also stall if you go too slow to use an analogy. We are at our best when we play high tempo with urgency and intent it doesn’t allow mistakes to creep in.

i hope on Saturday the boys get their heads right. If they are nervous which is natural as it’s a massive occasion they just need to keep it tight until they find the right gear & confidence takes over. Brendan can only do so much once the players step out on the field. We need our leaders to step up!

....in this instance that is not quite true in respect of "it doesn't allow mistakes to creep in"!!!

When we play in that fashion, and we do from time to time, any mistake is instantly remedied by a team mate because they are all backing each other up, they are on it!!

When we choose to play slowly, it then becomes someone else not doing what they should be and blame is then easily apportioned. Personally I prefer a high tempo performance but at present without the necessary personnel available (that is pace) it is hard to bring that to our game.

47 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think that when it comes to expectations, nobody expects Champion's League qualification, that would be absurd, but I think that we do have a right to expect us to finish the last 20% of the season the same way that we approached the previous 80%.  

It helps when someone I disagree with (partially) manages to avoid doing so in a style that belittles anyone that differs. I only quoted this section because I suspect we sort of agree but there is a problem  (for me anyway) using loaded language like 'expect' and 'have a right'. I know what you mean, of course, but people generally are too quick to protest their rights as if the team were somehow denying them by getting tight at the business end of the season. 

• Like 1

I like the quote, but think it would be a better fit if we hoped the team would approach the last 20% of the season with the same positivity as the previous 80%. 

However it is not that simple, or sports psychology wouldn’t be a thing. Those last few % in top sport and top performers are the difference and sometimes elusive even for the best. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It helps when someone I disagree with (partially) manages to avoid doing so in a style that belittles anyone that differs. I only quoted this section because I suspect we sort of agree but there is a problem  (for me anyway) using loaded language like 'expect' and 'have a right'. I know what you mean, of course, but people generally are too quick to protest their rights as if the team were somehow denying them by getting tight at the business end of the season. 

Well it is difficult to address the idea of expectations without using words like 'expect'.  If I worded it like some tub-thumping demand then that wasn't intended I was aiming to make a distinction between unrealistic expectations and more reasonable ones and probably missed.

3 hours ago, murphy said:

Do you really think that Newcastle drubbing would happen mid-season? 

As Brendan himself pointed out, we had plenty of crap results beginning and mid-season. Defeats at home to Fulham and West Ham being two notable examples. We've just got 10 points from 5 games.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Well it is difficult to address the idea of expectations without using words like 'expect'.  If I worded it like some tub-thumping demand then that wasn't intended I was aiming to make a distinction between unrealistic expectations and more reasonable ones and probably missed.

No I understood, and only put it to you because I was confident it wouldn't go badly. It's a short step from expect to demand with some, as I'm sure you've observed from those loudly proclaiming 'failure' in advance of the theoretical impending doom of (hushed tones) 5th place and an FA Cup final appearance. 

On 09/05/2021 at 08:33, kiwiturk said:

I've said that even when we were winning games and have been crucified for it but I stand bloody firm on it.

Today I'm repeating my statement. 

BR is a overrated,  overbloodypaid, incompetent football manager  with zero vision.

We have the best LCFC team ever assembled for his disposal but he simply doesn't have the capacity to manage it.

Simple is that 

YOU NEED TO CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT MATE 

🤣🤣👍🤣🤣

• Like 2

On 09/05/2021 at 05:52, deanolegend1989 said:

The facts are we had a 14 point lead and blew it last season and we had a position of needing 4/6 points in 2 winnable games, 1 of which they had 10 men for 81 minutes, to all but secure it this time and look like odds on to throw it again.

We have been in the top 4 for 70 gameweeks out of 73 since August 2019! How on earth can you spend 95% of 2 seasons in the top 4 yet somehow finish outside of them!?!? Not ONCE but BOTH times! That’s farcical, pathetic, weak, embarrassing! 
It’s absolutely disgusting and unacceptable. The literal definition of bottled it.

The sad thing is, I’ve seen it coming with Rodgers ever since Brighton at home last season when he decided to bench Youri and play a double pivot of Mendy and Ndidi in a flat 442 with Madders left wing and Demari gray brought back from the cold randomly on the RW, in a MUST win game at home vs another struggling team.

Up until that point Rodgers was a breath of fresh air but ever since that game he just seems to of lost the plot in a lot of situations since, usually when it’s ridiculously obvious what’s happening too! He’s scared to change, hes scared to upset people, he’s scared to be bold and ultimately he’s scared to lose.

Ive got a really bad feeling we’re going to be sitting here half way through next season half way down the league and realising how these last 2 seasons thrown opportunities were the best chances we will ever get to establish ourselves as a fairly big club.

We will very likely feel the consequences for years!

It might not be over yet, but does anyone really honestly believe we arnt overwhelmingly odds on to fail again!?

I would be absolutely flabbergasted if we do it from here. It ain’t happening and I’ll happily be quoted here if I’m proven wrong.

DEANO .:. GUESS WHAT YOUR NOT A LEGEND AND YOUR NO LONGER RELEVANT

CHEERIO 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am very happy, elated, almost crying.

But today it was down to the players. Vardy, Kasper, Fofana and Youri were brilliant. They wanted it so much. Brendan on the other hand made a grave tactical error by bring Nachos off. We were pressing well higher up the pitch forcing Chelsea to hoof it up often without success. We invited pressure by taking the foot off the pedal. Bringing on Maddison is fine, but we needed to continue to press higher up. They had so much time to rest and set their plays from the back since that time. Had that goal not be ruled offside, I have no idea how we could have scored another goal. That was lucky for Brendan.

Thank you Leicester City players. Foxes Never Quit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Love that interview from Rodgers. Clear elation but you could tell there was also "but we've got more to come" mindset. 

Really gets the club he's joined and involves himself with everything that matters. Not many managers get their owner down to celebrate when winning a trophy. 

Makes mistakes but who doesn't. We would have a really tough job replacing him if we ever had to. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I am very happy, elated, almost crying.

But today it was down to the players. Vardy, Kasper, Fofana and Youri were brilliant. They wanted it so much. Brendan on the other hand made a grave tactical error by bring Nachos off. We were pressing well higher up the pitch forcing Chelsea to hoof it up often without success. We invited pressure by taking the foot off the pedal. Bringing on Maddison is fine, but we needed to continue to press higher up. They had so much time to rest and set their plays from the back since that time. Had that goal not be ruled offside, I have no idea how we could have scored another goal. That was lucky for Brendan.

Thank you Leicester City players. Foxes Never Quit.

Bore off. Why got a put a negative twist on it lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1