Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

17 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Out of interest, what we you consider our best 11?

Tricky question? Nice thanks but no thanks. Not my bloody job to determine that as I'm not the one getting £100K a week do this job.

There is no such a thing as best 11.

You do not surrender your team rosters to primadonnas or neither to movie stars. This is not a popularity contest.

Football manager is responsibility to put the best XI on the pitch.

Surely, with this dismal performances, players  like Madders, Perez shouldn't  be in our best XI today.

Edited by kiwiturk

Poor concentration is certainly too simplistic as nobody played to their potential and we looked completely ragged even before Newcastle went in front. However, I can imagine that the team would have been thoroughly briefed on tactics and then of course 5 minutes before kick off there was a major reorganisation once Evans went off. You would have hoped that would not have been enough to derail things but with expectations sky high, positions getting scrambled and Newcastle knowing our weaknesses we very soon in trouble.

The problem now it that even if Brendan produces a masterclass tactic wise we will probably lose 1-2 out of the last 3 matches as confidence will have taken a massive hit. For some reason I still fancy our chances in the Cup- with Iheanacho you always have a punchers chance and surely Vardy or Maddison will start to produce in such a big arena.

Edited by Edingleyfox

10 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Out of interest, what we you consider our best 11?

Probably not Wingbacks as centre backs.

Also probably not wingers as wingbacks. Although Albrighton does a good job.

The likes of Newcastle and Southampton and West ham maybe 4 at the back and actually trying to attack teams but stubbornness is the key reason to failure. resting a CB every now and again so we don't get injuries to key players (Evans).

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He's got a number of standout qualities but I really question his motivational skills. The amount of times we come out looking half arsed in big games is staggering. I have zero confidence in us being pumped up for the final on Saturday 

I don't think he has that nasty streak in him that really big, really successful managers have. The old bollocking tactic. 

• Like 1

Just now, foxile5 said:

I don't think he has that nasty streak in him that really big, really successful managers have. The old bollocking tactic. 

Agreed. We seem like a nice club to be at but not somewhere you're really under pressure to succeed 

• Like 2

There was a suggestion that the players may have been distracted by the Cup Final. 

I think Rodgers has to use playing in the FA Cup Final as the carrot for added motivation, citing the example of Albrighton who is forcing his way back into the team. 

Playing out at Wembley in such a huge occasion will be a dream for many players, and they should earn their places. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Tricky question? Nice thanks but no thanks. Not my bloody job to determine that as I'm not the one getting £100K a week do this job.

There is no such a thing as best 11.

You do not surrender your team rosters to primadonnas or neither to movie stars. This is not a popularity contest.

Football manager is responsibility to put the best XI on the pitch.

Surely, with this dismal performances, players  like Madders, Perez shouldn't  be in our best XI today.

Becaused you'd pick an 11 that included 8-9 players that were here under Puel........

14 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Becaused you'd pick an 11 that included 8-9 players that were here under Puel........

What heck you are taking about and what are you on? Stop talking gibberish  and stay with the topic.

Rogers must be well aware of this tag being labelled at him as a bottle job, he is a fantastic coach, if he does see Leicester as a stepping stone, he will need to eliminate this preconception, to get any job better than Leicester. After all part of the coaches job is to deal with setbacks, an make sure the players are concentrated and mentally ready, that is the job, they then lead the physical task of performing the job to the players. He has been creative in finding solutions so far this season, this will be needed again. 

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

I've said that even when we were winning games and have been crucified for it but I stand bloody firm on it.

Today I'm repeating my statement. 

BR is a overrated,  overbloodypaid, incompetent football manager  with zero vision.

We have the best LCFC team ever assembled for his disposal but he simply doesn't have the capacity to manage it.

Simple is that 

I wonder why.

We mustn’t confuse a top four finish with the expectations we should have given our squad size etc etc 

A top six finish is us punching above our weight

BUT losing a top four place twice in two seasons after occupying it for 95% of the campaigns is failure and it needs addressing. (I realise we are still fourth). 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

He's got a number of standout qualities but I really question his motivational skills. The amount of times we come out looking half arsed in big games is staggering. I have zero confidence in us being pumped up for the final on Saturday 

FA Cup quarter final and semi final? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

Mixing up apples and oranges again mate? Under's case closed moved on but calling him an excellent coach is just the Indication of your lack of football knowledge. 

Next please...

Says the man who just called him an incompetent manager. You are delusional.

• Like 2

I just think we’ve gone flat again. The arrogance and swagger that come with a Utd, Chelsea etc is just not there, and you need it.

The players need to believe that they are good enough.  When the stakes are high you need to personally rise to the occasion. 

I still think BR’s decision to blast the team after West Brom was counter productive. It has made us more timid and not more focussed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

I've said that even when we were winning games and have been crucified for it but I stand bloody firm on it.

BR is a overrated,  overbloodypaid, incompetent football manager  with zero vision.

We have the best LCFC team ever assembled for his disposal but he simply doesn't have the capacity to manage it.

Simple is that 

Take Rodgers out and insert your own Manager choice and where do you think Leicester should be in the league right now based on our squad etc? 

Was listening to talksport about an hour ago in the car. No idea who it was...but there was an ex pro/pundit who was slating BR big time. 

Said he looks totally resigned to the fact we'll finish outside top 4 in his interviews and said the season is a massive failure already.....and I thought I was negative !! 

He also said Moyes is manager of the season. 

12 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Take Rodgers out and insert your own Manager choice and where do you think Leicester should be in the league right now based on our squad etc? 

Top 20 points clear

4 minutes ago, Eskay said:

Was listening to talksport about an hour ago in the car. No idea who it was...but there was an ex pro/pundit who was slating BR big time. 

Said he looks totally resigned to the fact we'll finish outside top 4 in his interviews and said the season is a massive failure already.....and I thought I was negative !! 

“Talksport”

I've really enjoyed Rodgers' handling of all the 'top four or FA Cup?' questions, with a 'both, I'm greedy!' answer. I've always been either, with a slight preference for the FA Cup.

The nightmare scenario is neither, and that frankly looks the most likely at the moment, given how down we all are after Friday. But two great performances this coming week could make this the second greatest season in our history. 

I'm travelling in hope, not expectation. But #COYF!

17 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I just think we’ve gone flat again. The arrogance and swagger that come with a Utd, Chelsea etc is just not there, and you need it.

The players need to believe that they are good enough.  When the stakes are high you need to personally rise to the occasion. 

I still think BR’s decision to blast the team after West Brom was counter productive. It has made us more timid and not more focussed. 

He should've praised the players after the West Brom because that's the best we've played for a bit from what I've seen served up recently. Imagine playing well then him going on camera and slating them I bet that went down well. 

Just now, nettle said:

He should've praised the players after the West Brom game because that's the best we've played for a bit from what I've seen recently. Imagine playing well then him going on camera and slating them I bet that went down well. 

8 minutes ago, Eskay said:

Micky gray 

1 minute ago, nettle said:

He should've praised the players after the West Brom because that's the best we've played for a bit from what I've seen served up recently. Imagine playing well then him going on camera and slating them I bet that went down well. 

I assume he didn’t want them ‘sitting back on their laurels’ after last season and thinking the job was done.  we don’t know was was said to them behind the scenes ....

2 minutes ago, nettle said:

That didn't sit well with me at all. 

4 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

Simple is that 

lol

In your opinion, who, realistically, is better right now that we could have at the helm to get the best out of this squad?

And, if that person was actually our manager, where do you think we would be? Above the expensively-formed and well-managed Man City and Chelsea? I think not.

Zero-vision is absolutely OTT from you, let alone the rest. Considering where we were when he joined and where he has got us consistently in the top 4 and to a Cup Final (which I believe is what he said he wanted from us when he did join), calling him someone with no vision is bizarre.

We have the best team ever assembled - I'm aware other managers made big signings but would you not give Rodgers anything for his part either? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1