Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, StanSP said:

*laud

While it was a vastly changed squad, let's not act there wasn't some experience in their side today...

Bailly - 27y/o

Cavani - 34

Mata - 33 

Rashford - 23

Fernandes - 26

Telles - 28

Matic - 32

Van De Beek - 24

Tuanzebe - 23

Add to the fact by the time Fernandes came on, commentators said OGS brought on '67 goals' on to the pitch.

There was still a job to do and a result to gain. That job was done and 3 huge points gained. 

It wasn’t the u23’s... they actually cost a lot. And aren’t bad players which is why Man U bought them. Besides we beat their full strength team 3-1 so this team did better lol 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

*laud

While it was a vastly changed squad, let's not act there wasn't some experience in their side today...

Bailly - 27y/o

Cavani - 34

Mata - 33 

Rashford - 23

Fernandes - 26

Telles - 28

Matic - 32

Van De Beek - 24

Tuanzebe - 23

Add to the fact by the time Fernandes came on, commentators said OGS brought on '67 goals' on to the pitch.

There was still a job to do and a result to gain. That job was done and 3 huge points gained. 

No it was definitely lord as in lord it over. It says so in the sentence you highlighted...

17 minutes ago, Dames said:

I see Brendans extended family has come out of the wood work to lord a win against Man Utds u23s over us. 

No denying he’s a good manager but he has his faults, he wouldn’t be at Leicester if he was perfect. 

I still think he and the team can do better, beating Man Utd away and losing to Fulham at home is too up and down, needs to find a way to play against defensive teams which doesn’t involve stacking the team with primarily defensive players. 

You're just has daft..!!     Every season lower teams get results against, 1-3 of the high riders....

You cant use such results has a base to sell ones  opinion or put forward in a debate ...

Its football & what makes  it the sport it is, Why we hate the thought of a " super-league".  

How often have we been the Fly in the ointment...???

Getting Jumped on and dropping up in  games expected to deliver results ...keeps ones Foot in the ground & an Healthy perspective...

20 minutes ago, Dames said:

No it was definitely lord as in lord it over. It says so in the sentence you highlighted...

Hey, if all we're moaning over is spelling I'm happy to be corrected on that ;):D 

28 minutes ago, Dames said:

Ooops. Replied to wrong post!

Edited by Paddy.

32 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Not rusty outdated ones ! 

Strangely enough alot of Tool-naysayers on here are  young uns..!!

mind you..!  I feel everybody is younger than me,and most likely  in a different dimension...:frantics:

• Haha 1

I don't know what happened at half-time on Friday because we looked as crap as before but he clearly got into them today- the ball retention was much improved and we also played higher up the pitch.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, David Hankey said:

I can neither believe nor understand the disparaging comments regarding Brendan Rodgers. May have failed to look at his record since arriving at the King Power which is rarely outside the top 4. That is a superb record and better than any other Leicester City manager we've ever had. How folk can say he is a "hard man to like" is beyond me.

Just analyse this season's performance under very trying circumstances and apart from a handful of games we would easily command second spot let alone our FA Cup Final appearance.

Some folk are never satisfied and yes I get disgruntled on occasions but look at it in the round and you'll see how this Club has thrive under him.

...it is not so much his achievements on the pitch, than the man himself!!!

You are going to find that with him and irrational as it may seem, he will  be disliked by a few.

His on pitch decisions do in a lot of circumstances polarise the fan base, but that only adds to the mistrust that people feel about him.

3 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

And we haven't fielded a full strength 11 in a single game this season.  I think its easy for people to get carried away when we lose to teams like Newcastle but there are no easy games in the prem. Our home form has been pretty poor but our away form has been magnificent which has more than made up for it. 

Define full strength?

We have done well with the injuries in particular during the middle part of the season. However, since late March/early April we have been playing a full strength 11. What we have lacked for 90% of the season is impact players off the bench where we have been light. Our first XI has been strong in a good amount of games. Every team, every season will have injuries and most have at least one injury for every match. We have dealt very well with EL and the injuries this season considering we are not a "Top 6" club with a massive squad. Great move by Brendan to lose to Prague, gave us that bit of extra room in our fixture list!

Barnes would be in our ‘full strength’ 11. Arguably JJ would too after his start to the season. 

Even when they were both fit we had the likes of Cags, Madders, Ndidi, Ricardo and others all missing at times. This situation means that our impact players are now having to be starters. 

13 minutes ago, Daz93 said:

I honestly don't know what more some people are expecting out of us.

We are a team with a budget half the size of those we are challenging against. We've built a brand new state of the art facility to help develop and attract new talent. We've lost a key player every summer since winning the league, but still replaced them with consistently quality purchases. We've reached European competition again and navigated multiple competitions this campaign despite a relatively thin squad. We're in an FA Cup final for the first time in 50 years. We've not been out of the top 4 all season, and were only out of it on the last day of last season.

We are club punching far above our weight and Rodgers is at the heart of it. Say what you want about him as a personality, but he's got this football club moving towards something special. He deserves a huge amount of credit for how he's been able to bring in and use the young talent we already possess, and flexibly use his squad. We've probably used about 4 or 5 different formations during the season, starting with 4141, then using 442, 4231, 352 and him switching to multiple ones just last night. He's fixed the lacklustre performances we showed against the big boys from last season with some very impressive away wins. All this whilst dealing with some crucial injuries to JJ & Barnes and various ones to the likes of Ndidi/Cags/Evans/Vardy/Maddison/Ricardo  - that is not the sign of a clueless manager. 

We are lucky to have him and lucky to be in the position we are now. If I were some of you I'd take a step back and appreciate just how good a position we are in right now, because it's unlikely we'll ever see this kind of success again for a long time.

The one part of your post that I disagree with.

I think we have reached the stage where we are now an attractive proposition to a better class of manager and player than we were previously.