Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

Of all the Rodgers criticism the "ego" thing is the weirdest. I just don't understand that. He used to be odd 7/8 years ago but with us he seems perfectly normal.

The criticism of formation change, 5 at the back, losing awful home games to awful teams, throwing away sizeable leads etc are all valid criticism 

A big ego doesn’t have to be overt - it can be born out with decision making, a reluctance to change plans, an insistence of doing things a certain way, a reluctance to listen to other people, etc.

2 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

A big ego doesn’t have to be overt - it can be born out with decision making, a reluctance to change plans, an insistence of doing things a certain way, a reluctance to listen to other people, etc.

By that definition then even Steve Bruce has a a huge ego. All managers are stubborn and can have tunnel vision. It's kinda required because there are a  million voices in football with a million different opinions.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Koke said:

By that definition then even Steve Bruce has a a huge ego. All managers are stubborn and can have tunnel vision. It's kinda required because there are a  million voices in football with a million different opinions.

Yep, doesn’t always mean it will work though. 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Of all the Rodgers criticism the "ego" thing is the weirdest. I just don't understand that. He used to be odd 7/8 years ago but with us he seems perfectly normal.

I agree. In the dealings I've had with him over the past couple of years I've never felt anything ego-wise more than any other manager. Think it's a very lazy allegation by people keen to criticise him.

1 hour ago, Blarmy said:

Good job then that Rodgers has improved on all those things this season.

And it's led to improvements, more league points, reaching a cup final etc.

Long may it continue/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I know what you mean, I also believe a lot in guys like Klopp and Guardiola when they say all great teams have a shelf life before they stagnate, irrespective of age or whatever else, typically around 3-4 years.

This is why I find it weird that people get hung  on not losing any big players etc. Leicester have more reasons than most clubs to make sensible big sales regularly. The first being around the above, the team needs constantly freshened up to keep developing and to keep players on their toes. In most cases as soon as a player gets comfortable and knows they'll play week in week out there is a natural drop off. Secondly and perhaps most criticaly, where Leicester are now and the teams they are competing with they suffer from a huge financial handicap, every season. The only way to bridge this gap and stay competitve is to outperform these sides in the transfer market and make less money go further. I'm aware it's not an easy ask to do this season in season out but the model has to stay the same and that means at least once a season all going well sell a Maguire and replace him with a Soyuncu for a fraction of the price, Chilwell and Castagne another example. Some fans need to lose this ego trip of somehow thinking selling players makes the club smaller or less ambitious, it's a nonsense really. In a relative sense every club in the world is a selling club bar perhaps maybe one or two and that could change soon enough given the current economic difficulties facing these clubs.

Keeping all the sellable assets and giving them improved contracts seriously risks standing still and stagnating while these other clubs, who have far greater spending power already improve further.

Yes, there's a hell of a lot of sense in that.

• Like 1

On 09/05/2021 at 08:33, kiwiturk said:

I've said that even when we were winning games and have been crucified for it but I stand bloody firm on it.

Today I'm repeating my statement. 

BR is a overrated,  overbloodypaid, incompetent football manager  with zero vision.

We have the best LCFC team ever assembled for his disposal but he simply doesn't have the capacity to manage it.

Simple is that 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

sit down 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

You ok hun ? 

want to call 📞

It’s ok we all can feel your upset tonight 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tbh he might actually praise Rodgers as he went 4 at the back and Mendy was no where to be seen. That win was 100% down to Rodgers. 

• Like 1

I see Brendans extended family has come out of the wood work to lord a win against Man Utds u23s over us. 

No denying he’s a good manager but he has his faults, he wouldn’t be at Leicester if he was perfect. 

I still think he and the team can do better, beating Man Utd away and losing to Fulham at home is too up and down, needs to find a way to play against defensive teams which doesn’t involve stacking the team with primarily defensive players. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Well done, Brendan. Bollocks to the naysayers and doom-mongers!!

Nothing wrong with being a naysayer and doom-monger, when we win we celebrate with everyone and when we lose we knew we would and told you so. :ph34r:

Will admit I’m still worried we’ll blow it; I’ve supported Leicester for too long to think it’s a done deal, but I’m soooo happy we won tonight!!

We really need to be on our A-game to win on Saturday though - this win will give the players (and fans) more confidence ahead of the game but it’ll be a really tough match

Edited by car1os

Nerves on show from the players in the first half but no doubt Rodgers sure relaxed them at half-time. Second half we came out with a lot more conviction and got them on the back foot for a good 10-15 minutes. Might not have created much but we prevented them from getting any momentum to build up on. 

Rodgers has to take a lot of credit for tonight. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Nerves on show from the players in the first half but no doubt Rodgers sure relaxed them at half-time. Second half we came out with a lot more conviction and got them on the back foot for a good 10-15 minutes. Might not have created much but we prevented them from getting any momentum to build up on. 

Rodgers has to take a lot of credit for tonight. 

Our midfield dominated and was snatching the ball back quick winning the 50/50’s... eventually that pressure will tell 

16 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

“HE IS AN ELITE MANAGER 

HE CAN MANAGE ANY TEAM IN THE WORLD”

Robbie Savage in Brendan Rodgers 

and some zombies on previous pages think he isn’t good enough for us 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hang on, are we now saying that if Robbie Savage said it it must be true!? 🤪

• Haha 1