Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

People are so influenced without having their own opinion. 
I don’t listen to certain notions and cliches that are basically ‘saying something without saying anything’ I go on what I see and if I believe something that isn’t the popular opinion, I will say the unpopular decision.

But you also seem to have a problem with people going against your opinion? Just an observation, not a dig. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Koke said:

I doubt it. Puel finished 9th in his first season with an inferior squad and half the fan base still wanted him out. God help Rodgers if he ever finds himself languishing 8th or 9th with this team.

The fan base were then very influenced by the premiership win and understandably thought ninth was a failure but it was more to do with Puel's dull, monolingual character I reckon. Although Rodgers is a hard man to like , he is highly competent and a realist. At the fag end of a season motivating players to keep up the standard is no easy task. The two Manchester clubs can rotate their teams to avoid that and we can't really do that. Just about every player in their squads gets game time because apart from a couple nobody is guaranteed a start. Next season deliberate rotation , even after winning games, is something we ought to look at.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

But you also seem to have a problem with people going against your opinion? Just an observation, not a dig. 

Only really @Babylon has given me anything interesting in a contrasting of opinions. I have no interest in people who are just here for rep points and no real opinion to counter.

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I see this argument used a lot by a few of you guys. Basically you should be entitled to your extreme view and how dare anyone debate you or disagree. Surely, the very thing you are doing now, is what you are complaining of. You are mocking people who defend his style/record, whilst also passionately complaining about people mocking you for attacking his style/record. Oh the irony. 

Course I’m entitled to my views. Just as anyone else is to theirs.

As said above, Babylon is the only person whose given a debate of interest and although I disagreed with most of it, I gave my reasons why(for example my reasoning why I think our squad is superior to Spurs).

That I have no problem with and it’s called a debate.

That’s completely different to the rep warriors who don’t even have an opinion to debate but just want to attack anyone on here who dares go against the Foxestalk regs narrative.

As I said before, there’s a few who I know give nothing and I personally don’t take seriously but a majority on here are good posters who I believe are behind Leicester(even when they disagree with me but show me some knowledge of a counter argument).

How I see it. 

1. BR is a very, very good manager.

2. We would struggle to replace him with better.

3. Coaching is his strongest point.

4. Adapting to changing situations is his weakest point.

5. He could be better at motivating the players.

6. He can overcome his weak points but he needs to address his ego to do this.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Deano there is far too much to cover here and I really don't have the inclination to deal with your stream of consciousness. 

You said yourself squad wise top 6 would be a good finish, so debate that one with your past self. 

Deano, they finished 4th the season they got into the champions league, it's not exactly dropping like a stone. If you win a game, you win a game, they beat Dortmund, Man City, Ajax, PSV, drew with Barca. They might have left it late but a wins a win. Yeah they've lost a few players along the way, but they've replaced with with expensive players, most of whom were highly rated and doing well elsewhere. They've still got some top notch players and some world class ones, which we haven't IMO. It's typical Jose, even last season they finished 6th, but as with Chelsea when he left, he's fallen out with them all and they drop off a cliff. A decent manager will get a tune out of what they've got. Think Lampard Chelsea v Tuchel Chelsea. Maybe we have got a better squad, but it's nigh on impossible to have an absolute opinion on something like that. We're all in the same ballpark, with Everton and West Ham not far off. 

I stuck up for our squad in the summer when most were slating it. and I agree with the old post I dug up of yours. We've got a squad that can finish anywhere in those top 6 positions, but that's not only dependent on our performances, but the performances of others. And, luck and injuries. We've had horrific injuries, only Liverpool had worse minutes lost not long ago, so I really don't think you're giving Rodgers anywhere near enough credit for keeping us up there with the disruption we've had. 

Deano, most people will agree with numerous points. The issue is here, as it was with Mendy is that you only seem to see things in black and white, when really there are many shades of gray in between. You make a large number of salient points, but then take a giant shit on top of them by going way too over the top. 

It's completely relevant, when you said yourself top 6 with our squad was good and top 4 doable without injuries. We're going to finish top 6 whilst having loads of injuries. Chelsea and Liverpool have far better squads than we do, Liverpool are far better placed to deal with injuries. Chelsea had a bang average manager in charge and now they have a competent one, and they are performing at the level they should. It evens out with our injuries, as I said there are shades of grey. 

And that right there is the nail on the head.

5 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Having an opinion that goes against the ‘I can’t hear a bad word about Brendan’ isn’t triggered. It’s just stating my opinion in a world where your allowed freedom of speech.

If you or others don’t like my opinion that’s fine but I’m not going to nod along after some of the crap management and bottle I’ve seen him do.

The only reason some people worship him is because of the media narrative. As soon as that changes , everyone follows because it’s the easy option.
Ive known huge Jose fans now saying he’s a dinosaur as soon as the media try and portray him that way. People are so influenced without having their own opinion. 
I don’t listen to certain notions and cliches that are basically ‘saying something without saying anything’ I go on what I see and if I believe something that isn’t the popular opinion, I will say the unpopular decision.

I honestly believe if Brendan was 8/9th a majority of the foxes fan mafia would still be going nuts if anyone dares criticising this apparent ‘god’ we have in charge. We were in league 1 in 2009 wernt we? how can we complain? 🤣.

I can hear Bad words against  Brendan...I just Dont agree with them, and thats my opinion...But I will Jump in the same trench to defend yours....

Even if they are bloody amusing..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

Guest Fktf

Whatever you think of BR, he was probably the best available when we got rid of puel, and we'd probably struggle to attract anyone better right now.

8 hours ago, Koke said:

Puel finished 9th in his first season with an inferior squad and half the fan base still wanted him out. 

There was more to it than just league position of course - the dull football, behind the scenes problems etc - and Southampton fans said exactly the same when he joined us.

12 hours ago, Koke said:

I doubt it. Puel finished 9th in his first season with an inferior squad and half the fan base still wanted him out. God help Rodgers if he ever finds himself languishing 8th or 9th with this team.

In fairness, some of the fan base wanted him out before he'd managed his first game! 🤣

Lets be honest, we as football fans change opinions like the UK weather.  I had my doubts about Rodgers at the end of last season, but those were generally gone for most of this campaign......until now!  If we get top 4 he will lauded by most on here, but if we blow it gain, we will take the glass half empty approach and maybe not see the season as a success.  Now if I was asleep for the whole season and woke up to find that my little old non significant outside 'the big six clubs' had finished 5th(I predicted 8th) then I would be happy.   The problem is I have to be awake and watch these next matches, when it could have been so much easier! 

Rodgers is a very good manager -  of course he has his weaknesses.

All manager have to have an ego and to  be a bit stubborn (or they would be changing everything every game.  Brendan certainly has that.  

AS I have gotten older I have got better at acknowledging my own mistakes - and people like you more for it.  he will learn this in about 20 years.  

I do believe that with recruitment to grow the squad we can be a top six club playing in Europe year in year out under Brendan.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

The fan base were then very influenced by the premiership win and understandably thought ninth was a failure but it was more to do with Puel's dull, monolingual character I reckon. Although Rodgers is a hard man to like , he is highly competent and a realist. At the fag end of a season motivating players to keep up the standard is no easy task. The two Manchester clubs can rotate their teams to avoid that and we can't really do that. Just about every player in their squads gets game time because apart from a couple nobody is guaranteed a start. Next season deliberate rotation , even after winning games, is something we ought to look at.

The bit that worries me there is the part where you claim it's 'difficult to motivate players to keep up the standard'? If you're sitting 3rd in the Premiership and in an FA Cup final, what more motivation do you need? If certain players can't be motivated under such circumstances perhaps top flight football isn't for them. You look at the really top players like Ronaldo, Messi, Ibrahimovic and even Cambiasso that have achieved everything and can imagine the words winner and motivation being written right the way through them but, whilst they are exceptional, our lesser light players should be busting a gut for the mere opportunity to play in the Champions League and FA Cup final because such would be the pinnacle of their short careers. If not, whoever they are, they need to be weeded out before next season lest such malaise spreads. 

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

The bit that worries me there is the part where you claim it's 'difficult to motivate players to keep up the standard'? If you're sitting 3rd in the Premiership and in an FA Cup final, what more motivation do you need? If certain players can't be motivated under such circumstances perhaps top flight football isn't for them. You look at the really top players like Ronaldo, Messi, Ibrahimovic and even Cambiasso that have achieved everything and can imagine the words winner and motivation being written right the way through them but, whilst they are exceptional, our lesser light players should be busting a gut for the mere opportunity to play in the Champions League and FA Cup final because such would be the pinnacle of their short careers. If not, whoever they are, they need to be weeded out before next season lest such malaise spreads. 

I think it’s more that some of these players see themselves 3rd in the prem and home to Newcastle they simply don’t prepare themselves mentally. hence they aren’t ‘on it’ when the game doesn’t go as they expected 

this evening  at OT …… we’ve had a shocking attitude at this ground over the past few years - beaten before we take the field 

for that reason alone the manager has to get into the players and affect them upstairs 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Lets be honest, we as football fans change opinions like the UK weather.  I had my doubts about Rodgers at the end of last season, but those were generally gone for most of this campaign......until now!  If we get top 4 he will lauded by most on here, but if we blow it gain, we will take the glass half empty approach and maybe not see the season as a success.  Now if I was asleep for the whole season and woke up to find that my little old non significant outside 'the big six clubs' had finished 5th(I predicted 8th) then I would be happy.   The problem is I have to be awake and watch these next matches, when it could have been so much easier! 

And this is the feeling most of us can associate with

I can neither believe nor understand the disparaging comments regarding Brendan Rodgers. May have failed to look at his record since arriving at the King Power which is rarely outside the top 4. That is a superb record and better than any other Leicester City manager we've ever had. How folk can say he is a "hard man to like" is beyond me.

Just analyse this season's performance under very trying circumstances and apart from a handful of games we would easily command second spot let alone our FA Cup Final appearance.

Some folk are never satisfied and yes I get disgruntled on occasions but look at it in the round and you'll see how this Club has thrive under him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think it’s more that some of these players see themselves 3rd in the prem and home to Newcastle they simply don’t prepare themselves mentally. hence they aren’t ‘on it’ when the game doesn’t go as they expected 

this evening  at OT …… we’ve had a shocking attitude at this ground over the past few years - beaten before we take the field 

for that reason alone the manager has to get into the players and affect them upstairs 

It may also be a little demoralising if you want to give of your best but, you are continually being played out of position where you are unable to perform to your best abilities and consequently deliver yet another sub par performance. Sometimes the manager himself needs to be 'effected upstairs' as you put it. A mentality or mindset of setting up against bottom of the league sides as if you're about to take on Bayern Munich could be a starter perhaps?

Guest ttfn
1 hour ago, Le Renard said:

The line between success and failure is incredibly thin now. Two successive collapses at the end of the season will likely haunt Rodgers’ ambitions of landing a job at an elite club which is obviously completely daft given that in the cold light of day back-to-back 5th placed finishes is very good. 

On the other hand, win the FA Cup and finish 4th and he’s a hero with a massively enhanced CV. 

In a logical industry with more fairly distributed wealth it would make sense to judge Rodgers on his whole body of work at the club which is undoubtedly impressive. Unfortunately in football the financial difference between finishing 4th and 5th breeds an “all or nothing” culture whereby it is possible that the potential medium-term prospects of the club hinge on the results of the next 2 weeks. Finish 5th and the chances of retaining all of our star players are slim-to-none. Again, this is absolutely daft but it is the way of the footballing world. Rodgers’ good work will count for far less than it should do if he and the players can’t get over the line and I’m sure he knows that better than anybody.

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

There was more to it than just league position of course - the dull football, behind the scenes problems etc - and Southampton fans said exactly the same when he joined us.

Fans didn't really know the true extend of behind the scenes stuff. Dull football I'll grant you. But I still think of Rodgers finds himself languishing 8th or 9th with this team, God forbid, many of the same fans who drove Puel out will drive Rodgers Out too.

Of all the Rodgers criticism the "ego" thing is the weirdest. I just don't understand that. He used to be odd 7/8 years ago but with us he seems perfectly normal.

The criticism of formation change, 5 at the back, losing awful home games to awful teams, throwing away sizeable leads etc are all valid criticism 

• Like 3