Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

35 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Anyone notice how many times Rogers said the players didn't have any concentration? It must have been 6 times. What more do these players have on their minds other than the next game for them to be not concentrated? Bills, debt, taxes, unemployment, sickness? They get paid a handsome wage to simply do 1 task and that is focus on fitness and play their best in games. If there is something troubling them than the club should bring back the psychologists.

Maddison planning his next party :scarf:

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I thought that was strange too. It's like because our gameplan was spontaneous (leading to 3 goals) and not totally controlled BR wasn't happy and was much happier with the 0-0 second half. Odd.  Is he just a massive control freak?

.....no he is not, probably became fed up of his team not doing what they should!!!

For Brendan Rodgers to be kicking bottles on the side lines is so far out of the ordinary it is unreal, but totally justified. Their are posters on here, who after a good win and performance, post what some people look as negative posts and is then cast as a moaner who can not get any joy from winning. The thing is that even when you win and play well there are aspect of that play that is perceived to be lacking and warrant attention. It seems obvious that they are not adhering to or progressing in the way he believes they should be and that is why his frustration manifested itself on the touchline. There was also a back and forth with Maddison that night.

Does he now believe that he has taken us as far as he can or was he just having a bad day. He either changes his approach with his players or seek to find a squad capable of being ruthless, when necessary. 

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

You have to ask why we were losing that often at halftime, surely that would suggest that first half tactics were somewhat askew? Having said that, if Mourhinho pulled a few off at halftime, perhaps Brendan could try it before kick off?

I think the players are pandered to enough without that as well. There must be a better way. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Anyone notice how many times Rogers said the players didn't have any concentration? It must have been 6 times. What more do these players have on their minds other than the next game for them to be not concentrated? Bills, debt, taxes, unemployment, sickness? They get paid a handsome wage to simply do 1 task and that is focus on fitness and play their best in games. If there is something troubling them than the club should bring back the psychologists.

We looked nervous which often causes lapses of concentration. Losing Evans minutes before obviously had an impact on Fofana and Soyuncu. I think we also didn't cope well with this being a much anticipated "must win" before our tough final 3 games. The players didn't handle it well. Could be due to having a young squad or/and PTSD from last season. A psychologist is actually a good idea IMO. We have to learn to cope with situations better and often you don't have enough time or money in sport, to learn from experience. Results are needed now. So I think a psychologist and bringing in another leader or two on the pitch, could be a huge help for next season. 

The facts are we had a 14 point lead and blew it last season and we had a position of needing 4/6 points in 2 winnable games, 1 of which they had 10 men for 81 minutes, to all but secure it this time and look like odds on to throw it again.

We have been in the top 4 for 70 gameweeks out of 73 since August 2019! How on earth can you spend 95% of 2 seasons in the top 4 yet somehow finish outside of them!?!? Not ONCE but BOTH times! That’s farcical, pathetic, weak, embarrassing! 
It’s absolutely disgusting and unacceptable. The literal definition of bottled it.

The sad thing is, I’ve seen it coming with Rodgers ever since Brighton at home last season when he decided to bench Youri and play a double pivot of Mendy and Ndidi in a flat 442 with Madders left wing and Demari gray brought back from the cold randomly on the RW, in a MUST win game at home vs another struggling team.

Up until that point Rodgers was a breath of fresh air but ever since that game he just seems to of lost the plot in a lot of situations since, usually when it’s ridiculously obvious what’s happening too! He’s scared to change, hes scared to upset people, he’s scared to be bold and ultimately he’s scared to lose.

Ive got a really bad feeling we’re going to be sitting here half way through next season half way down the league and realising how these last 2 seasons thrown opportunities were the best chances we will ever get to establish ourselves as a fairly big club.

We will very likely feel the consequences for years!

It might not be over yet, but does anyone really honestly believe we arnt overwhelmingly odds on to fail again!?

I would be absolutely flabbergasted if we do it from here. It ain’t happening and I’ll happily be quoted here if I’m proven wrong.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, STUHILL said:

We looked nervous which often causes lapses of concentration. Losing Evans minutes before obviously had an impact on Fofana and Soyuncu. I think we also didn't cope well with this being a much anticipated "must win" before our tough final 3 games. The players didn't handle it well. Could be due to having a young squad or/and PTSD from last season. A psychologist is actually a good idea IMO. We have to learn to cope with situations better and often you don't have enough time or money in sport, to learn from experience. Results are needed now. So I think a psychologist and bringing in another leader or two on the pitch, could be a huge help for next season. 

We looked nervous because half the bloody team were in roles that are not their strengths.

Typical Rodgers blaming everyone but himself. The last 2 games he’s butchered nearly every decision he’s made and if we don’t make the top 4 then Rodgers has underachieved with the situation given to him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Matt said:

On the back of a fantastic first half.

Have we been anything other than poor since?

Confidence gone? Attitude of 'what more can we do?', 'why bother?'. Not the attitude to have and the games since is on the players as much as it is BR but at the same time you couldn't blame them for having those thoughts.

Personally I just think the West Brom 1st half was simple to positive, attacking and exciting. More sideways passes and get the possession percentages up boys!

I think his crass comments were more about number 1 in his life, himself. It was more 'look at me, three nil up at halftime and I still demand more, that's the sort of manager I am'. 3 goals up but seemingly without his anti flair robotic philosophy. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

The facts are we had a 14 point lead and blew it last season and we had a position of needing 4/6 points in 2 winnable games, 1 of which they had 10 men for 81 minutes, to all but secure it this time and look like odds on to throw it again.

We have been in the top 4 for 70 gameweeks out of 73 since August 2019! How on earth can you spend 95% of 2 seasons in the top 4 yet somehow finish outside of them!?!? Not ONCE but BOTH times! That’s farcical, pathetic, weak, embarrassing! 
It’s absolutely disgusting and unacceptable. The literal definition of bottled it.

The sad thing is, I’ve seen it coming with Rodgers ever since Brighton at home last season when he decided to bench Youri and play a double pivot of Mendy and Ndidi in a flat 442 with Madders left wing and Demari gray brought back from the cold randomly on the RW, in a MUST win game at home vs another struggling team.

Up until that point Rodgers was a breath of fresh air but ever since that game he just seems to of lost the plot in a lot of situations since, usually when it’s ridiculously obvious what’s happening too! He’s scared to change, hes scared to upset people, he’s scared to be bold and ultimately he’s scared to lose.

Ive got a really bad feeling we’re going to be sitting here half way through next season half way down the league and realising how these last 2 seasons thrown opportunities were the best chances we will ever get to establish ourselves as a fairly big club.

We will very likely feel the consequences for years!

It might not be over yet, but does anyone really honestly believe we arnt overwhelmingly odds on to fail again!?

I would be absolutely flabbergasted if we do it from here. It ain’t happening and I’ll happily be quoted here if I’m proven wrong.

Add Liverpool to that and it is starting to look like a reoccurring trait.

What if it's next season where the club have planned for to be in absolute contention for Top 4.

The squad would suggest that in terms of development arcs and recruitment.

Brendan's language and style also suggests that.

I still believe the project is way ahead of schedule. 

Just enjoy the dress rehearsal!

• Like 2

For all his man management skills and motivational capabilities he is incredibly weak and that much is clear from his touch line body language.

If there is anything in the spurs rumours l say let him go, a huge slice of compensation and if anything he and spurs are made for each other as the never ending bottlers.

His inefficiencies are there to see and they were his downfall at Liverpool as well which cost him his job.

The next 2 weeks are going to be utterly heart breaking as we watch the slow motion car crash set in motion weeks ago comes to its conclusion and he has a huge role in that which should not be over looked.

Yes, absolutely thanks Brendan for what you have done for us but its time to change and to the fans who say 'but but but we are just little old leicester'...........seriously show some ambition.

• Like 1

Can you imagine how much the thought of 3 failures in the PL when it matters is hurting Rodgers. You can see that fear as he watches on.

I'm hoping this motivation (to glorify rather than tarnish his reputation further) is the push needed for him to make the decisions that don't come naturally to him.

I do think different personnel and tactics in the last couple of weeks would have got us more points and the manager must take the blame for that.

Luckily we don't have long to wait. No matter what he does the fitness of Evans will probably now be critical too as our manager on the pitch.

• Like 3

I think there's only one way we win the FA Cup now...

Tuchel won't know what's hit him when Rodgers no shows and Beaglehole takes the reins to serve up a true kick and rush shithousery masterclass. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Danny Clender said:

What if it's next season where the club have planned for to be in absolute contention for Top 4.

The squad would suggest that in terms of development arcs and recruitment.

Brendan's language and style also suggests that.

I still believe the project is way ahead of schedule. 

Just enjoy the dress rehearsal!

I hadn't thought of it that way. If Top said "get top 6 and a cup run" then he's more than done his job. They may have had a conversation yesterday about what is needed to put the icing on the top 4 cake. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I hadn't thought of it that way. If Top said "get top 6 and a cup run" then he's more than done his job. They may have had a conversation yesterday about what is needed to put the icing on the top 4 cake. 

That’s just the same as what we’ve seen last two games where we played the fixture on the iPad until well after half time and not the one developing in front of us on the pitch 

you grasp opportunity when it shows itself because you never know when it will come round again. Carpe diem. We’ve been fortunate that the the players maintained their belief this season and that crowds were not present which made away games much more winnable.  

drop out again this season and I guarantee that you won’t see us challenging up there again unless Top decides to really splash the cash (and that’s never looked like happening over the past five years ).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That’s just the same as what we’ve seen last two games where we played the fixture on the iPad until well after half time and not the one developing in front of us on the pitch 

you grasp opportunity when it shows itself because you never know when it will come round again. Carpe diem. We’ve been fortunate that the the players maintained their belief this season and that crowds were not present which made away games much more winnable.  

drop out again this season and I guarantee that you won’t see us challenging up there again unless Top decides to really splash the cash (and that’s never looked like happening over the past five years ).

Can Top afford to splash the cash?

King Power's business must have taken a right hammering in the past year or so.

The money for getting CL football is probably vital for us to invest in new, quality players... and it looks like we've pissed that chance away.

Again!!

8 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Probably the FA Cup Final.

I've said that even when we were winning games and have been crucified for it but I stand bloody firm on it.

Today I'm repeating my statement. 

BR is a overrated,  overbloodypaid, incompetent football manager  with zero vision.

We have the best LCFC team ever assembled for his disposal but he simply doesn't have the capacity to manage it.

Simple is that 

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

I've said that even when we were winning games and have been crucified for it but I stand bloody firm on it.

BR is a overrated,  overbloodypaid, incompetent football manager  with zero vision.

We have the best LCFC team ever assembled for his disposal but he simply doesn't have the capacity to manage it.

Simply is that 

He is far from incompetent.  However, he does have limitations that he needs to overcome, the main one not being mentally agile enough to switch things up if his master plan isn’t working.

Regardless of how well this season has gone, we’ve dropped a horrendous amount of points in games where we shouldn’t have done, or shouldn’t have dropped as many. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Simple is that 

You're just upset about Under. Hes definitely not incompetent - he has his failings but hes an excellent coach.

We should hire some of brentfords recruitment team be a good fit with some of our lot aswel.

Also hire some attacking coaches.

Also hire set peice coaches something we have failed on for the last 10 years really.

If we don't make Champions league and failing twice 2 years on the bounce we should hire a 2nd manager for the final 1/4 every season because BR is brilliant for 3/4 of the season infact exceptional but never finishes strong.

Positives thou.

We might be in Europe which means we have a had a good season.

In a final of the FA Cup and knowing on our day we could beat anyone.

Edited by Fox85

16 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I hope so, I'm sure that Top has had chance to catch up with everybody personally.

We're looking for any bit of positivity right now, so hopefully his presence yesterday gives the team a confidence boost for the last 3.

It still doesn't seem to me, the very Leicester way to set unrealistic challenges. 

So imagining that Brendan's objective was to qualify Top 4 in his first season, if not, Top 4 second season, if not you're gone just doesn't scan well with me. 

Add into that, expecting to do all that with a set of fresh emerging talent like Barnes, Justin, Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison, Thomas, Fofana, Soyuncu, Iheanacho etc, again does that sound a little unfair to say you've got to finish top 4 with that deal? It doesn't to me.

Next season we can start to be truly critical of or objectives.

I don't think we'll lose any player because if we don't finish top 4 and even if we do sell, the fees involved for the jewels will allow us enough of a plan for continuity. 

Hang on though...we've still not finished the season.

Officially, we've only lost the top 4 position in the minds of the irrational Leicester fans. 

He's got a number of standout qualities but I really question his motivational skills. The amount of times we come out looking half arsed in big games is staggering. I have zero confidence in us being pumped up for the final on Saturday 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

You're just upset about Under. Hes definitely not incompetent - he has his failings but hes an excellent coach.

Mixing up apples and oranges again mate? Under's case closed moved on but calling him an excellent coach is just the Indication of your lack of football knowledge. 

Next please...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kiwiturk said:

Simple is that 

Out of interest, what we you consider our best 11?

• Thanks 1