Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

38 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

"Alexa, show me delusions of grandeur."

Rodgers has never lost more than two games in a row with us (all comps).

The last time he lost 3 games in a row as a manager was with Swansea in March/April 2012.

At least we will get another point then .........could be the difference between Europa league and Europa conference ! 

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

"Alexa, show me delusions of grandeur."

Rodgers has never lost more than two games in a row with us (all comps).

The last time he lost 3 games in a row as a manager was with Swansea in March/April 2012.

If it wasn't Nacho( whom has been insulted by %85 of so called Foxes fans until April) and other favourable results (like the  West Ham's one today), forget about CL race, we wouldn't be even for the EL's calculation.  Stop wearing the horse glasses and be honest and realise that except WBA games we weren't  at our best all. We were just bloody lucky. 

BTW, this is not a BR lovers page or praising our Coach topic . If we are not able to say what we want to say what is the point having this forum so BACK INTO YOUR BOX.

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

If it wasn't Nacho( whom has been insulted by %85 of so called Foxes fans until April) and other favourable results (like the  West Ham's one today), forget about CL race, we wouldn't be even for the EL's calculation.  Stop wearing the horse glasses and be honest and realise that except WBA games we weren't  at our best all. We were just bloody lucky. 

BTW, this is not a BR lovers page or praising our Coach topic . If we are not able to say what we want to say what is the point having this forum so BACK INTO YOUR BOX.

Lucky? to break the top 6 for two seasons and in a fa cup final, you don’t do that by luck it takes quality and good management 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Lucky? to break the top 6 for two seasons and in a fa cup final, you don’t do that by luck it takes quality and good management 

Other than Man City the records of the top six this season are poor. 

All of the teams doing their best to throw it away. 

Our home record is embarrassing and in normal circumstances there's no way we'd spend the entire season in the top 4 with that record. 

2nd season in a row that he will have overseen a massive collapse and drop out of the CL places 

Not saying we can do better, but there is significant room for him to improve certain parts of his game. 

Put it this way, we probably won't do any better, but based on his current flaws, neither will he. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

I've said that even when we were winning games and have been crucified for it but I stand bloody firm on it.

Today I'm repeating my statement. 

BR is a overrated,  overbloodypaid, incompetent football manager  with zero vision.

We have the best LCFC team ever assembled for his disposal but he simply doesn't have the capacity to manage it.

Simple is that 

Lets assume you are right (which you aren't), which manager would you replace him with who costs the same or less and would be willing to join us?

44 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Other than Man City the records of the top six this season are poor. 

All of the teams doing their best to throw it away. 

Our home record is embarrassing and in normal circumstances there's no way we'd spend the entire season in the top 4 with that record. 

2nd season in a row that he will have overseen a massive collapse and drop out of the CL places 

Not saying we can do better, but there is significant room for him to improve certain parts of his game. 

Put it this way, we probably won't do any better, but based on his current flaws, neither will he. 

Weird old season.

You're right this isn't normal circumstances.
Only Fulham and Sheff Utd have lost more home games than us.
Having said that, only Man City have won more home games than us.
Bottom line is if we only counted our embarrassing home form, we'd currently sit 7th, 3 points off 2nd.
Fortunately two or our remaining three games are away so there's still a chance

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It's incredibly sad. Everything has to be couched in strong terms ie "BOTTLERS" and "FAILURES" etc when the truth is we're disrupting the top six, getting into Europe, having good cup runs.

There are, of course, some fans who will never be happy - 'Yeah but we should be doing even better' etc - rather than having a more patient view of our massive progress in recent times.

Of course we have done extremely well again. It’s just the disappointment. I think we could take it if we simply slip up against better teams but it’s the fact that it’s a mentality issue that hurts. 

I actually think this year Brendan has completely won me over. I’ve agreed with most things he’s said and think he’s handled just about everything well. But if we do fall away again, It has to be looked at as a failure. Who knows when the next chance to break the top 4 could be 

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Of course we have done extremely well again. It’s just the disappointment. I think we could take it if we simply slip up against better teams but it’s the fact that it’s a mentality issue that hurts. 

I actually think this year Brendan has completely won me over. I’ve agreed with most things he’s said and think he’s handled just about everything well. But if we do fall away again, It has to be looked at as a failure. Who knows when the next chance to break the top 4 could be 

Next season :thumbup:

19 minutes ago, Anglodanglo said:

Only Fulham and Sheff Utd have lost more home games than us.
Having said that, only Man City have won more home games than us.

Confused Face GIFs | Tenor

6 minutes ago, Adster said:

This is, without a doubt, one of the worst "opinions" I've ever seen in years of being on this forum. 

Guessing you weren't here when we were in League 1? We're fvcking lucky to be in such a privilidged position. But with some idiots the club will NEVER win. 

**** off back to Football Twitter you cretin. 

Nah he wasn't, he showed up when Under did and is upset because mean old Rodgers won't play his favourite player. Claims to be both an ex-professional footballer and a longtime follower of the team whilst also being on record as believing Puel to have done a better job here than Rodgers.

It's nice having fans of other teams and from all over the world post on here because it gives you a different perspective on things but I suppose the risk is that, occasionally, you will get deluded mentalists like this showing up.

11 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I assume he didn’t want them ‘sitting back on their laurels’ after last season and thinking the job was done.  we don’t know was was said to them behind the scenes ....

...highly doubt that, as we shut up shop in the second half!!!

He probably finally understood this team lacks the ability to keep it together and control themselves, which explains their mental weakness. His option will now be an overhaul or a key player who can lead this team, on and off the pitch.

21 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Some of the guff I’ve read!

For people to think our squad is below 5th best just clearly doesn’t understand the game.

Spurs and Arsenals squads are SO average that average is a compliment! I’m fed up of people claiming our squad is ‘so over performing’ because they are in Leicester kits and not a ‘money 6’ kit. It’s this kind of deluded attitude why these big 6 get so much attention from fair weather fans!

People claiming that our squad is punching well above our weight needs to really watch some football and see the difference.
We are 5th at worst in terms of quality of squad, the fact last season Chelsea had to use kids and Man Utd were absolutely stuck in sh*t for half the season was our chance to pounce, we bottled it.

This season you just knew that Chelsea and Man Utd would improve but you couldn’t foresee how bad Liverpool have suffered losing there 2 best CBs and a ton of other injuries! We have a huge chance to take advantage and we are blowing it, AGAIN!

There is no excuses what so ever, and claiming ‘oh we are over achieving with our squad’ is just a defence mechanism to calm the huge disappointment of the reality that we bottled it.

I’d say the fact that 95% of the last 2 seasons we were wedged firmly in the top 4 with huge points gaps suggests maybe, just maybe, we actually are there for a reason and NOT because we are such an average team that should be finishing 7-10th at best, do me a favour!

We got absolutely run over vs Man City, Ran over by West Ham until the game was dead and he had nothing to lose, Lucky that West Brom set up wrong - Big Sam showed 2nd half how pathetic we are if you nullify us, then vs palace we were struggling again but Nacho pulled out some magic to cover the cracks, the last 2 performances I could go on all day about but this has been coming for ages - we are poor and we’re crawling over the line again. I sympathise with him losing Harvey but this 5 atb nonsense is the main reason we are easy to nullify, it’s so easy to see and it’s a cowards option to play it constantly. He’s living off it working vs a very under strength Man City team with half there team out, not 1 of their 3 main CBs out and us getting 3 gifted pens! Freak game and he’s too naive and stupid to realise the term ‘horses for courses’.

Our best form for years has been 433, the 8 match winning run and this season between Spurs away and Chelsea at home playing brilliant stuff. Complicating it and making a dogs mess out of it!

He needs to go back to basics, stop over complicating everything and have a ‘nothing to lose’ attitude and we’re more likely to succeed.

Im fed up of watching us underachieve for what we are really capable of.

Watching West ham today, they struggled, they lack the quality we have but they gambled, they went for it and attacked. They left it all out on the field.

Did we look like that since West Brom? We’ve looked pathetic. A bunch of players all out of position, not knowing whether to defend or attack, not knowing whether to drop deep or go high and absolutely zero attacking edge or high pressing because all our bloody players are at the back and have no idea really what there doing. It’s entirely Brendans fault, he’s lost the plot and I’m sick of him getting this praise like he’s managing a bunch of mid table average players to this miracle top 4! Absolutely f*king rubbish!

Teams can go on runs and hot streaks but for a near on full 2 seasons? No chance. That’s a quality squad and not a good run of luck!

We’ve been there twice and if we fail twice then it means 1 of 2 things:

1) a huge coincidence

2) an absolute bottle job when he feels the pressure!

I don’t believe in coincidences..

Remember we won in 15/16 the premier league. Every single person called it a freak and it was ‘lucky’ and ‘it was if the stars aligned’ and all this other romantic fairytale rubbish like it was just a coincidence that it all came together.

Then you watch it back and you see that was all rubbish and the reality was Kante was a generational and hall of fame talent, Mahrez was on another planet and Vardy was a raw world class talent hidden from the world due to poor scouting and your watching the games saying ‘this isn’t luck, this is the best team in the league with the 3 best players in the league’. The manager just keeps it simple and lets the quality shine through and the rest is history.

Rodgers needs to try and do the same. Forget his bloody ego and just keep the formation simple and play to our strengths and ****ing grow some balls.

If our squad was in Arsenal shirts, every single person would say ‘Arsenal should be getting CL’ and whoever the manager was would be getting dogs abuse for underachieving if they didn’t!
However because it’s Leicester ‘oh we’re punching , we’re little Leicester’. It’s the set narrative to underplay any non top 6 club and over estimate every top 6 club, by judging the club and not the squad quality. The media do it for money and to boost interest and fan bases of those 6, but I expect better from passionate Leicester fans who watch our team year after year.

I always will say that the best management of a season I’ve seen (Based on Achievement relative to the squad/resources each season).

is Pearson achieving the playoffs in 09/10.

That season we achieved the max possible and that night in Cardiff I was so proud of us.

This season(and last season) is not the same. Our squad should be getting top 4 and it’ll be an absolute underachievement if we don’t!

If Liverpool won all their games and got to 69 and we had beat Newcastle drew Man Utd drew Chelsea and had 68. Went into the last game vs Spurs needing to win, and we were 0-0, threw the sink at them, hit the underside of the bar , hit the post, Loris worldie save and we just missed out, there would be the same achievement not met however most level headed people could see that as ‘grit’ ‘fight’ ‘unlucky’ etc.

That ain’t nothing like how we’ve thrown the points away, both this and last season! And that’s the huge reason we have bottled it and underachieved.

The way we are going we will meekly give it away and Liverpool will roll over the line despite giving us umpteenth chances to secure it and THATS why it will be a massive bottle job failure!

You can condense this to we play well, players are great, we play bad, Rodgers is rubbish. Nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

You can condense this to we play well, players are great, we play bad, Rodgers is rubbish. Nonsense. 

But I’d rather give a detailed reason for my opinion rather than just being simplistic. Because opinions have more meat on the bones and with a depth of knowledge behind it  carry more weight than just hiding behind a boring narrative.

Yes your right though, I believe nearly everytime we’ve played bad it’s down to Rodgers. I’ve seen some utter crap over the years from different managers, players, set ups etc, but I have never seen us under any manager be so predictable.

Predictable in terms of, by the first 10/15 mins you can tell when we’re going to be awful and tell when we’re going to cruise it.

Unless we have the most bi polar set of players in history, it’s because depending how Rodgers sets up depends how we tick.

The worst thing about it that makes me go mad is - fair enough everyone makes mistakes but with Rodgers, when he makes a mistake, you know full well we are waiting till his customary 60 mins or so to change anything!!

I don’t know how many games I’ve been screaming at my tv ‘Brendan it’s coming, Brendan change it!’ Because so many times it’s been coming and he’s stood on the side lines looking gormless clapping his hands whilst we’re riding our luck.

If anyone actually couldn’t see Newcastle was going to score after about 5 mins then your watching a different game.

We had warning after warning, Soyuncu lucky not to give a pen, Castange diving in recklessly, They flashed a header wide..we were on the ropes! Then they are clear through with Saint Maxim..we were let off 3 or 4 times and he’s not reacting. Soyuncu made a mistake for the first but the goal was coming because we were all over the place. The players can only play to their strengths. You need a manager who can get the ceiling of the strengths out of the players he has by playing them correctly.

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

But I’d rather give a detailed reason for my opinion rather than just being simplistic. Because opinions have more meat on the bones and with a depth of knowledge behind it  carry more weight than just hiding behind a boring narrative.

Yes your right though, I believe nearly everytime we’ve played bad it’s down to Rodgers. I’ve seen some utter crap over the years from different managers, players, set ups etc, but I have never seen us under any manager be so predictable.

Predictable in terms of, by the first 10/15 mins you can tell when we’re going to be awful and tell when we’re going to cruise it.

Unless we have the most bi polar set of players in history, it’s because depending how Rodgers sets up depends how we tick.

The worst thing about it that makes me go mad is - fair enough everyone makes mistakes but with Rodgers, when he makes a mistake, you know full well we are waiting till his customary 60 mins or so to change anything!!

I don’t know how many games I’ve been screaming at my tv ‘Brendan it’s coming, Brendan change it!’ Because so many times it’s been coming and he’s stood on the side lines looking gormless clapping his hands whilst we’re riding our luck.

If anyone actually couldn’t see Newcastle was going to score after about 5 mins then your watching a different game.

We had warning after warning, Soyuncu lucky not to give a pen, Castange diving in recklessly, They flashed a header wide..we were on the ropes! Then they are clear through with Saint Maxim..we were let off 3 or 4 times and he’s not reacting. Soyuncu made a mistake for the first but the goal was coming because we were all over the place. The players can only play to their strengths. You need a manager who can get the ceiling of the strengths out of the players he has by playing them correctly.

The Newcastle game epitomised this. We were being pummelled and STILL the bookies had Newcastle first team to score at about 3/1! I said in the match thread I’d made a nice few quid out of that one because you’re right, you could see it coming. 
I’ve said all along I’ve not known City play in such a Jekyll and Hyde way as we play under Rodgers. You’re quite right. We know whether we are going to look either sublime or awful within about 10/15 mins of the game starting. It it’s ‘sublime’ we cruise the game, if it’s ‘awful’ we tend to concede then can’t break the opponent down to get back into the game. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

For people to think our squad is below 5th best just clearly doesn’t understand the game.

Spurs and Arsenals squads are SO average that average is a compliment! I’m fed up of people claiming our squad is ‘so over performing’ because they are in Leicester kits and not a ‘money 6’ kit. It’s this kind of deluded attitude why these big 6 get so much attention from fair weather fans!

People claiming that our squad is punching well above our weight needs to really watch some football and see the difference.
We are 5th at worst in terms of quality of squad, the fact last season Chelsea had to use kids and Man Utd were absolutely stuck in sh*t for half the season was our chance to pounce, we bottled it.

This season you just knew that Chelsea and Man Utd would improve but you couldn’t foresee how bad Liverpool have suffered losing there 2 best CBs and a ton of other injuries! We have a huge chance to take advantage and we are blowing it, AGAIN!

There is no excuses what so ever, and claiming ‘oh we are over achieving with our squad’ is just a defence mechanism to calm the huge disappointment of the reality that we bottled it.

I’d say the fact that 95% of the last 2 seasons we were wedged firmly in the top 4 with huge points gaps suggests maybe, just maybe, we actually are there for a reason and NOT because we are such an average team that should be finishing 7-10th at best, do me a favour!

We got absolutely run over vs Man City, Ran over by West Ham until the game was dead and he had nothing to lose, Lucky that West Brom set up wrong - Big Sam showed 2nd half how pathetic we are if you nullify us, then vs palace we were struggling again but Nacho pulled out some magic to cover the cracks, the last 2 performances I could go on all day about but this has been coming for ages - we are poor and we’re crawling over the line again. I sympathise with him losing Harvey but this 5 atb nonsense is the main reason we are easy to nullify, it’s so easy to see and it’s a cowards option to play it constantly. He’s living off it working vs a very under strength Man City team with half there team out, not 1 of their 3 main CBs out and us getting 3 gifted pens! Freak game and he’s too naive and stupid to realise the term ‘horses for courses’.

Our best form for years has been 433, the 8 match winning run and this season between Spurs away and Chelsea at home playing brilliant stuff. Complicating it and making a dogs mess out of it!

He needs to go back to basics, stop over complicating everything and have a ‘nothing to lose’ attitude and we’re more likely to succeed.

Watching West ham today, they struggled, they lack the quality we have but they gambled, they went for it and attacked. They left it all out on the field.

Did we look like that since West Brom? We’ve looked pathetic. A bunch of players all out of position, not knowing whether to defend or attack, not knowing whether to drop deep or go high and absolutely zero attacking edge or high pressing because all our bloody players are at the back and have no idea really what there doing. It’s entirely Brendans fault, he’s lost the plot and I’m sick of him getting this praise like he’s managing a bunch of mid table average players to this miracle top 4! Absolutely f*king rubbish!

Teams can go on runs and hot streaks but for a near on full 2 seasons? No chance. That’s a quality squad and not a good run of luck!

1) a huge coincidence

Remember we won in 15/16 the premier league. Every single person called it a freak and it was ‘lucky’ and ‘it was if the stars aligned’ and all this other romantic fairytale rubbish like it was just a coincidence that it all came together.

Then you watch it back and you see that was all rubbish and the reality was Kante was a generational and hall of fame talent, Mahrez was on another planet and Vardy was a raw world class talent hidden from the world due to poor scouting and your watching the games saying ‘this isn’t luck, this is the best team in the league with the 3 best players in the league’. The manager just keeps it simple and lets the quality shine through and the rest is history.

Rodgers needs to try and do the same. Forget his bloody ego and just keep the formation simple and play to our strengths and ****ing grow some balls.

If our squad was in Arsenal shirts, every single person would say ‘Arsenal should be getting CL’ and whoever the manager was would be getting dogs abuse for underachieving if they didn’t!
However because it’s Leicester ‘oh we’re punching , we’re little Leicester’. It’s the set narrative to underplay any non top 6 club and over estimate every top 6 club, by judging the club and not the squad quality. The media do it for money and to boost interest and fan bases of those 6, but I expect better from passionate Leicester fans who watch our team year after year.

I always will say that the best management of a season I’ve seen (Based on Achievement relative to the squad/resources each season).

That season we achieved the max possible and that night in Cardiff I was so proud of us.

This season(and last season) is not the same. Our squad should be getting top 4 and it’ll be an absolute underachievement if we don’t!

If Liverpool won all their games and got to 69 and we had beat Newcastle drew Man Utd drew Chelsea and had 68. Went into the last game vs Spurs needing to win, and we were 0-0, threw the sink at them, hit the underside of the bar , hit the post, Loris worldie save and we just missed out, there would be the same achievement not met however most level headed people could see that as ‘grit’ ‘fight’ ‘unlucky’ etc.

That ain’t nothing like how we’ve thrown the points away, both this and last season! And that’s the huge reason we have bottled it and underachieved.

The way we are going we will meekly give it away and Liverpool will roll over the line despite giving us umpteenth chances to secure it and THATS why it will be a massive bottle job failure!

Consider it done ;)

8 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

1) a huge coincidence

A great article from a passionate supporter, well expressed.  But no matter what pains you go to explain your view, you'll still get someone on here who shows you total disrespect by the single word reply "rubbish".  I hope not;  it's good to get discussion and see the diverse views well explained.

When you talk about coincidence, I don't believe in it either but I did pick up on 2 facts that make you think, and worry.  Firstly, the last time we conceded 4 goals, apparently, was at Bournemouth last summer.  Secondly, the pattern of being above Chelsea for most of the year and them creeping up to overtake us at pretty well exactly the same stage both seasons. Talk about deja vu!

Let's hope not, and that a miracle unfolds for us in the next 2 weeks :scarf:

• Thanks 1