Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Robin Gosens (unconfirmed)

https://sempreinter.com/2022/09/25/leicester-city-could-make-a-move-for-inter-wingback-robin-gosens-in-january-italian-media-report/

Coulda, shoulda, woulda?

Leicester City Could Make A Move For Inter Wingback Robin Gosens In January, Italian Media Report September 25, 2022 19:00
Premier League side Leicester City could make a move for Inter wingback Robin Gosens in January as he struggles to get game time under Simone Inzaghi, according to a report in the Italian media.

As has been reported by FCInternews today, the side from England could reignite their interest in the German wingback that they tried to sign from Atalanta two years ago.

It was expected that Robin Gosens would be the main man at left wingback for Inter this season but a mixture of injuries and poor form means that Federico Dimarco is ahead of him in the pecking order now.

A lot will depend on whether Brendan Rodgers remains as the coach at Leicester City or if he is sacked given they are in poor form and there is no clear sign of when that will change. There is certainly scope for the move to take place in January.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davieG said:

https://sempreinter.com/2022/09/25/leicester-city-could-make-a-move-for-inter-wingback-robin-gosens-in-january-italian-media-report/

Coulda, shoulda, woulda?

Leicester City Could Make A Move For Inter Wingback Robin Gosens In January, Italian Media Report September 25, 2022 19:00
Premier League side Leicester City could make a move for Inter wingback Robin Gosens in January as he struggles to get game time under Simone Inzaghi, according to a report in the Italian media.

As has been reported by FCInternews today, the side from England could reignite their interest in the German wingback that they tried to sign from Atalanta two years ago.

It was expected that Robin Gosens would be the main man at left wingback for Inter this season but a mixture of injuries and poor form means that Federico Dimarco is ahead of him in the pecking order now.

A lot will depend on whether Brendan Rodgers remains as the coach at Leicester City or if he is sacked given they are in poor form and there is no clear sign of when that will change. There is certainly scope for the move to take place in January.

...so now his form has dropped and can't get a look at his present club, he now thinks it is ok to come here now!!!

Think I will pass on this one.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

Vardy will be on £170,000 per week playing in the championship 😂 

Off to the States if we go down. I was just being ironic really but we will not be in the market for guys like Goosens. Our transfer thread zealots will need to tone down their wish lists.

17 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Off to the States if we go down. I was just being ironic really but we will not be in the market for guys like Goosens. Our transfer thread zealots will need to tone down their wish lists.

It’s a shame as Goosens is quality. 

We really shouldn't be spending over 20 million on players in their late twenties atm, if money is going to be tight we need to be investing in young talent and actually increasing the value of our squad. The Rodgers regime has already taken a young squad with high value and turned it into a squad with very little value.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Agreed he’ll not likely be here in January but if say he was, it’d be a loan with purchase if we stayed up. He certainly wouldn’t come on a permanent in January with it likely to go down.

16 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

DD51F2B3-5CBE-4E5C-B5ED-1DAE21E9CB85.gif

lol somewhat overlooking the other 100m odd they spent in that window. 

Edit: oh and the new manager they got.. 

Edit edit: and the fact our squad makeup is completely different to theirs which was pretty much my point in the first place. 

Edit edit edit: but yeah mate ignoring all of those points you totally got me there! 

Edited by Finnegan

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Edit edit: and the fact our squad makeup is completely different to theirs which was pretty much my point in the first place. 

Edit edit edit: but yeah mate ignoring all of those points you totally got me there! 

He did completely give Newcastle a lift though. A good signing can be a large factor in dictating the whole mood around the club, however, I do agree that new manager bounce and other money spent were the main variables.

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

...significantly it is the left side again, we just do not tend to look to develop the right side of the team!!!

Once again another season where we carry Perez and Albrighton as the options and Maddison being displaced to make up for this unbalanced team.

I can see as soon as a new manager comes in, the right-side will be addressed and it cannot come too soon.

Just going back to the subject of finance, we do need to take a look at the contracts that are being offered but our means to finance the club is not the overriding problem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I think you’d be surprised by how much we could improve with someone like gosens. 

One player (in any position) can genuinely transform a team if they have something a team is missing.  we are currently playing someone out of position or someone who is substandard.

using a back 5 with gosens actually becomes an effective system 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Just going back to the subject of finance, we do need to take a look at the contracts that are being offered but our means to finance the club is not the overriding problem. 

You seem to have inside information that no one else has. Everything we have heard officially points to a very difficult situation with the club's finances. We have no transfer budget and can no longer offer high contracts. Any new players we attract will have to take into account those limiting factors. There are right sided players who do fit the criteria but don't expect high profile players.. We simply cannot afford them.  

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah an attacking full back is exactly what we need to rescue our season. 

He was the best left wing back in world football for 2 years prior to last season and I'd only want him here if the new manager is highly effective with a back 3. Rodgers is abysmal and I'm not convinced our full backs make effective wing backs but given our selection of wingers, Barnes aside are the worst in the PL and probably the majority of the Championship as well then maybe its a system that's easier to build than what I like to see which is a team of wingers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

You seem to have inside information that no one else has. Everything we have heard officially points to a very difficult situation with the club's finances. We have no transfer budget and can no longer offer high contracts. Any new players we attract will have to take into account those limiting factors. There are right sided players who do fit the criteria but don't expect high profile players.. We simply cannot afford them.  

...I  do not have inside information,  just generally reading between the lines and looking at what makes sense!!!

There are RW outthere for a pittance with good quality and I bet we did not consider picking up any of them. Look at Blas he will be well in our range less than £25m, Ebiowei went to Palace on a free, Olise was less than £20m, Eze about the same, Tete was worth a bid, he went for free and his contract expires in June '23.

We do not go out to bring RW in, it does not seem to suit what Rodgers wants, unbelievable!!

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He was the best left wing back in world football for 2 years prior to last season and I'd only want him here if the new manager is highly effective with a back 3. Rodgers is abysmal and I'm not convinced our full backs make effective wing backs but given our selection of wingers, Barnes aside are the worst in the PL and probably the majority of the Championship as well then maybe its a system that's easier to build than what I like to see which is a team of wingers.

Attack is not a particular problem , we have scored one less than Brighton. In fact even without a contribution from Vardy , we still put the ball in the net. On the other hand , after seven matches we have conceded seventeen more than Brighton. This winger business is way down the list of priorities.

41 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Attack is not a particular problem , we have scored one less than Brighton. In fact even without a contribution from Vardy , we still put the ball in the net. On the other hand , after seven matches we have conceded seventeen more than Brighton. This winger business is way down the list of priorities.

Not necessarily, its about team effectiveness. I still don't and haven't for along while considered us to attack well as a team. There's evidence of that by our shot creation and our xG, we have some very efficient finishers and individual talent but collectively the system hasn't been good for a long while and one of the most obvious reasons for that is the glaring weakness at right wing.

Not only does it stunt our pressing and pegging the opposition back on that side, but it also makes us very lopsided in threat and in some ways makes it even harder for Barnes to take the game to the opposition. If you've as much of a threat on the other side and a cohesive attacking team in general then it makes it much harder for teams to be organised to nullify the array of different options and therefore players have more opportunity to deliver.

Defensively we are also a mess. I don't necessarily think that's because our defenders individually aren't good enough but because the team has fallen apart and like what I've mentioned in regards to attack, until we build a robust and consistent team unit then we will continue to be very vulnerable to wave after wave of attacks.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

...it is how he deploys the team!!!

The same thing, over and over, wing back is pushed too far, the CBs are exposed on the counter, we struggle to play with any kind of cohesion. The mantra is that we defend together, you don't see Ndidi covering when teams break on us, that's because he is channeling his Zidane attributes linking the play supporting the forwards. It is no wonder that we are so easy to play against.

We should not have to be pointing these things out to him, he has been in the game long enough and is being paid a lot of money to be so inept.

It has taken him so long to go past the last 32 in Europe (it only happened last season when he failed to get through our easy group) with teams like Celtic and Liverpool,  where Celtic is an annual trip into Europe,  it just goes to show his lack of knowledge in building and sustaining a top tier squad.

• Like 1