Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Robin Gosens (unconfirmed)

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

But we were the only team after him, I didn't hear any talk of Man city or Barcelona interested in him last month, feel that our board messed up in negotiations with Atalanta!

Don't think they messed up, the club simply don't have the budget to stretch to their asking price, bearing in mind we still need a winger and a centre-half. 

This is where not being in the CL also hurts us as we have a smaller budget consequently. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

But we were the only team after him, I didn't hear any talk of Man city or Barcelona interested in him last month, feel that our board messed up in negotiations with Atalanta!

He was only interested in coming to us if we got Champions league football hence why we are in for Bertrand/Redmond now lol 

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Nah, he has been linked with at least Man City since late February

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He made it clear in reports that he wanted to keep his options open until after Euros 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Should have got Gosens before the Euro's started, now everyone knows how good he is, before we were the only forum chatting about him.

I think even if we had got CL the deal wouldn't have been completed yet anyway, just look at how long the Soumare deal is taking

Man City and Barcelona have been linked with him since May as well

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Gosens wasn't likely going to agree to join us before the Euros. Probably was certain that he would have a good tournament and be in stronger position afterwards.

Champions League would have helped but with someone like him we will get outmuscled by some other club.

It's not the end of the world if it the rehab of the other 3 works out okay. The injuries are of concern but it may not be like the importance of signing Daka with an aging Vardy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Can't see a thread on their main bluemoon forum on Gosens, just one or two posts after the Portugal game that Man city should sign him.

Gosens actually commented on links with Man City and Juventus back in March

http://sportwitness.co.uk/an-absolute-honour-who-knows-player-clearly-thrilled-with-news-man-city-want-to-sign-him/

• Like 3

On 22/06/2021 at 15:18, CrispinLA in Texas said:

You ever thought just like Youri T he did not want to talk about it until after the Euro's. Also his club would have seen that as a way of extending the shop window so to speak.

Also overseas players cant sign until July 1st so why would they rush into a decision.

Why does everyone automatically assume it's our club that's fvcked it up.

• Like 2

On 22/06/2021 at 15:18, CrispinLA in Texas said:

This isn't some hidden gem playing in the French 2nd division.

He has played in a champions league semi final and has 10 caps for Germany. He will be on the radar of every big club in Europe. His agent will know this, atlannta will know this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

This isn't some hidden gem playing in the French 2nd division.

He has played in a champions league semi final and has 10 caps for Germany. He will be on the radar of every big club in Europe. His agent will know this, atlannta will know this. 

Quarter final, but your point still stands.

• Thanks 1

I don't think he'll come here and I don't think he ever would, not even with CL football. He always wanted to keep him options open until after the Euros, and his club has an optional year extension, meaning they can get a higher price. His performances at the Euros have generated much more interested in him, so we'd still be competing with clubs with more money and CL football year after year.

On 22/06/2021 at 10:18, CrispinLA in Texas said:

it’s quite possible Gosens himself didn’t want to discuss until after the Euros for the same reasons you mentioned- more teams after him can only mean more choices for him and a bigger wage.

• Like 2

An absolute dream scenario would be for gosens to 2 foot Kane early in the game. Get sent off, everyone fuming at how stupid it was ... England cruise to victory. Hurting a Spurs player, a true indication he’s perfect for us 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 22/06/2021 at 07:29, Ric Flair said:

If it's Bertrand, which it's likely to be then I'd be astonished if we are going 3 at the back, quietly confident now with the players linked that it'll be 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3

With what we have at the moment I don't see how we could play 3 at the back, you can't just play a full back as a wing back like we did, a wing back has to have the ability to go past a man or they just check back and play the ball inside, hence the slow side to side movement. Not blaming the players as Castagne, Thomas etc all have the ability to attack when the opportunity arises but not when forced to as they are in 3 at the back.

Not blaming the manager either as injuries forced his hand to some extent but we've got to either bring in a couple of proper wing backs or proper wingers. We could of course be moving to a 4-3-3 but we'd still need to play other formations so my guess would be to get a couple of wingers in.

Would love to know what @StriderHiryuthinks what we'll do?

• Like 3