Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Robin Gosens (unconfirmed)

5 minutes ago, matty98 said:

I have no idea to be honest, from what was reported we met his release clause which was around £30 million so don't see why add-ons would be involved. I doubt we paid £30 million upfront, it would be paid over a number of years but that's just payment terms. If we met a release clause I can't see how we'd not end up paying the full fee in the end regardless of when we sell him. :dunno:

Fair enough, its just not turned out to be a great deal.

Guess we thought data indicated it could be good, but it will have to go down as one for the crap bucket, and as a one-time pro-Perez campaigner, that hurts  lol

20 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

As well as the clause Perez supposedly wangled saying we have to play him a minimum number of times, did he also get one saying we can't sign anyone else that plays in a right-sided attacking position until he fvcks off?

He gets 50% of the burger takings as well.

• Haha 1

Journo for TuttoMercato

”Koeman wants Robin #Gosens . Two days ago the #FCB contacted the agent of the German #Atalanta . The technician of the #FCBarcelona I dreamed of training him when he was coach of the Netherlands (Gosens has dual nationality).#PSG ,#Inter Y #Juventus , also interested @TuttoMercatoWeb”

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Journo for TuttoMercato

”Koeman wants Robin #Gosens . Two days ago the #FCB contacted the agent of the German #Atalanta . The technician of the #FCBarcelona I dreamed of training him when he was coach of the Netherlands (Gosens has dual nationality).#PSG ,#Inter Y #Juventus , also interested @TuttoMercatoWeb”

An example of being two or three years too late?

So much of the transfer policy of Leicester City/RBSalzburg/Dortmund depends on timing and a template for players to fit into. If we can stay top 6 on the off years and challenge top 4 on the years we're on than that should lower the likelihood of players skipping by us. Patson Daka seems like a perfect example of this. Our recent addition of a world class Analytics Dept in addition to Scouting seems to be the final piece of the puzzle to finding our place in the financial hierarchy of football.

Of course nothing is 100% and there will be variables. Feels like everything is in place just the never ending need for fine tuning. Thinking we're going to see less Robin Gosens slip through our fingers.

Edited by SO1

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Journo for TuttoMercato

Yeah but do Barca, PSG, Inter or Juve have a Morrisons walking distance to the stadium ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Rudkin please just pay Atalanta 30m and he plays at the King Power next season! We need a big strong German, it will provide a good balance to the team, some of our players do lack abit of toughness!

Here you go 

A3037CBE-01E7-4506-AD56-7D971B96B334.jpeg.21016f036988240e523073af97ae7a98.jpeg

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Feel gutted if he ended up at Man city, now that their fans want the club to sign him.

Actually, I'd feel gutted if he left Atalanta.

Like City, they're challenging the status quo in their respective league.

I feel somewhat compromised that we relieved them of Castagne.

• Like 3

Guest StevieLynex
On 21/06/2021 at 11:34, Chocolate Teapot said:

People still arguing about what we paid for perez 🤣🤣🤣

Hoping we can get a refund