Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

3 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Spurs linked with pjanic

Typical Spurs Pjanic buy.

Every time I see the title of this thread I just want to say “a ****lng right winger already, dammit.”

For our two remaining 'problem' positions; Centre-back (back-up/fourth choice) and Right-sided Forward I would like the following:

- Jannick Vestegaard

- Leon Bailey

All things considered, age, price, stats, value for money, availability. realistic targets and where they fit into our current squad requirements, i think these two would be the best options for us.

7 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Danny Ings turned down contract at Southampton, what a purchase he would be, him and Daka in a front 2, oh my lord 

Him, Daka, Vardy, Nacho would be way too many sadly. Unless we switch to 3 at the back or use Daka out wide. 

Starting to think that we may not get a RW and seek to get Ricky playing the role (Sowah as deputy) with Timmy behind at RB/RWB. Although Ricky has not shown he is a good fit thus far, he seems to have the skills to be decent there.

• Sad 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Starting to think that we may not get a RW and seek to get Ricky playing the role (Sowah as deputy) with Timmy behind at RB/RWB. Although Ricky has not shown he is a good fit thus far, he seems to have the skills to be decent there.

Ricky needs to find something because he's been poo since back from injury and I'm starting to worry that he'll never be the player he was prior to.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You may well be right but I sincerely hope that isn't the case. I feel like that would take away from the excellent signings we've made so far. It's been a problem position for us for long enough now that we should have a wealth of options well scouted 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

You may well be right but I sincerely hope that isn't the case. I feel like that would take away from the excellent signings we've made so far. It's been a problem position for us for long enough now that we should have a wealth of options well scouted 

Perhaps, but we have wasted a lot of time and money on what is essentially, trying to replace Mahrez.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I hope we sign a right winger sooner just so we don't have to suffer another summer of arguments about Ricardo playing there. 

Why? Its potentially viable, not agreeing with something does not make it inherently wrong. Think we are more likely to get another CB before a RW.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Perhaps, but we have wasted a lot of time and money on what is essentially, trying to replace Mahrez.

True. I'm not as critical of Perez as some but I'd be looking to cut our losses on him to free up some funds. Really feel like RW is the final.piece of the jigsaw for us

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I hope we sign a right winger sooner just so we don't have to suffer another summer of arguments about Ricardo playing there. 

I'm pretty sure we'll sign one.

If budgets were an issue we wouldn't have signed Soumare as our need for an attacking winger is greater than another CM. 

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 4

Just now, foxfanazer said:

True. I'm not as critical of Perez as some but I'd be looking to cut our losses on him to free up some funds. Really feel like RW is the final.piece of the jigsaw for us

Don`t get me wrong, I would like to see a sexy RW turn up. Just that is it really that critical? Is Ricardo that far away from being useful, not Mahrez, but useful. He would improve given time in the position I am sure. 

I am sure it is my blinkers but I am utterly unable to see past my belief that people still continually long for Mahrez.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Don`t get me wrong, I would like to see a sexy RW turn up. Just that is it really that critical? Is Ricardo that far away from being useful, not Mahrez, but useful. He would improve given time in the position I am sure. 

I am sure it is my blinkers but I am utterly unable to see past my belief that people still continually long for Mahrez.

Oh yeah we do 100% and I get what you're saying. Just have my reservations about Ricardo since his return and I've never been a big fan of playing people out of position but that's just me

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why? Its potentially viable, not agreeing with something does not make it inherently wrong. Think we are more likely to get another CB before a RW.

I'm personally not in favour and gave my reasons last year and think they've been partially vindicated since, albeit not entirely given its hard to judge given his fitness. 

But it's more how repetitive an argument it was throughout a lot of last preseason that I'm referring to. 

Just one of those foxestalk loops that goes on and on and on. 

Guest Bert Fill
30 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Him, Daka, Vardy, Nacho would be way too many sadly. Unless we switch to 3 at the back or use Daka out wide. 

I’m far from certain that Kelechi will maintain the goalscoring form he showed second half of last season, and I’m unconvinced that the rest of his game is good enough. I also wouldn‘t be surprised if there’s not much Vardy left, given his age.

So I reckon Ings would be a great signing. How old is he?

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'm pretty sure we'll sign one.

If budgets were an issue we wouldn't have signed Soumare as our need for an attacking winger is greater than another CM. 

This, and especially as Rodgers has said he wants to address the balance in midfield which as it stood was more defensive. He wanted more attacking midfielders and wingers, so far he's signed none so there's at least 1 to come.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Rumours of a potential change of shape by Brendan could make the whole argument of a RW redundant anyway 

Just now, Finnegan said:

I'm personally not in favour and gave my reasons last year and think they've been partially vindicated since, albeit not entirely given its hard to judge given his fitness. 

But it's more how repetitive an argument it was throughout a lot of last preseason that I'm referring to. 

Just one of those foxestalk loops that goes on and on and on. 

Yes, it is on a loop, but (in my opinion) that is because it has never come to a finite conclusion. Ricky being a bit cack after his injury has muddied the waters to such a degree, its difficult to tell if he can return to his RB form, let alone knowing if he can perform as a RW. 

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Don't worry when  Mahrez is 35 he will be begging us for a gig. No thanks.

1 minute ago, Bert Fill said:

I’m far from certain that Kelechi will maintain the goalscoring form he showed second half of last season, and I’m unconvinced that the rest of his game is good enough. I also wouldn‘t be surprised if there’s not much Vardy left, given his age.

So I reckon Ings would be a great signing. How old is he?

It would be hard for anyone to maintain that form, and it would be unfair on him to expect it. He had one of the best goals per minute ratios in Europe during the second half of the season.

• Like 1

Guest Bert Fill
Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It would be hard for anyone to maintain that form, and it would be unfair on him to expect it. He had one of the best goals per minute ratios in Europe during the second half of the season.

True. But I’m worried he’ll go back to being a bit rubbish.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This, and especially as Rodgers has said he wants to address the balance in midfield which as it stood was more defensive. He wanted more attacking midfielders and wingers, so far he's signed none so there's at least 1 to come.

And we need a first choice right winger. The centre half we need is probably 4th choice so will probably be a loan or maybe a player that can cover a few positions. We all know Brendan loves a dm that can slot into a back 3. Mendy and ndidi going on afcon might more we need a versatile player like that but probably less so than a winger.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

How much money have we wasted on trying to replace Mahrez?  Under was a loan, Perez was not an attempt to do that, and Ghezzal - while way too much for what he gave us (though we may soon cut our losses some) - wasn't all that expensive.

Edited by Deeg67