Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

I want a shit hot RW and a wonderkid CB. 

Shift Ghezzal, Amartey, one of Hamza or Papy and maybe one of Praet or Perez if the price is right (£15m +).

I doubt that makes me much different to anyone else here, but just in case Rudders and Brendan are wanting my wish list. X

20 hours ago, RockyMtnFox said:

Budget friendly backline: Gary Cahill (free) + Axel Tuanzebe ($9million)

Amartey can't be here come August. 

Cahill would be a fine signing imo, with a 1 year or two year contract. Tuanzebe is a sicknote though. Amartey is perfectly fine as a centre back backup.

Think we need 2 more signings (after Bertrand hopefully).

Dream window: Cahill & Neres for me. 

Although would be happy with any of the below for RW, in this order:

Bailey / Berardi / Tsygankov / Trincao / Madueke / Pereira

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Cahill being a part of your dream window? Lol 

Ahah yeh I thought that when I said it. But got to keep it somewhat realistic given the outlay on Daka & Soumaré already. Would rather that than £20mil on Tarkowski, and then not affording a top level RW was more my point :P

32 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Tosin Adarabioyo at Fulham is a name I am aware Congerton and team have been looking at for a while, including at Celtic. Now has a £10m release clause, 6ft5, home-grown and turns 24 in September - centre-back.

I thought he looked decent for a relegated Fulham, as did that Andersen they had on loan, would take either!

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes, Ajax need to sell him and Tagliafico plus others just to break even. Got a £50m deficit. 

Reckon he fits the bill for what we need. 

Also wouldn't mind trying to get William Saliba from Arsenal. He's been treated appallingly by them imo

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes, Ajax need to sell him and Tagliafico plus others just to break even. Got a £50m deficit. 

Neres always looks stoned so I’m assuming he loves it there and probably won’t fancy a move 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I guess like most on here @Ric Flair I’ve not seen much of Neres.

Is he good enough in your opinion to start for us regularly in the PL?

Is there better out there for our (entirety guesstimated) budget of up to €40m?

Just now, Steve Earle said:

I guess like most on here @Ric Flair I’ve not seen much of Neres.

Is he good enough in your opinion to start for us regularly in the PL?

Is there better out there for our (entirety guesstimated) budget of up to €40m?

Neres would represent a gamble, less so than Ünder but Neres would be coming here on the back of a bad injury in 2019/20 and then it taking him quite a while to get back up to full speed and displace Antony who is a similar player to him.

Neres has that end product though and he has unflinching confidence. He'd possibly cause thr odd problem here off the pitch which is the only other question mark over him.

I think a loan with an option to buy would be a stunning coup for us, he's most definitely off this summer and is properly back firing after a better end to the season. Got absolutely garried after they won the league and then also got arrested in Sao Paulo at an illegal rave so he'll fit in well here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Neres would represent a gamble, less so than Ünder but Neres would be coming here on the back of a bad injury in 2019/20 and then it taking him quite a while to get back up to full speed and displace Antony who is a similar player to him.

Neres has that end product though and he has unflinching confidence. He'd possibly cause thr odd problem here off the pitch which is the only other question mark over him.

I think a loan with an option to buy would be a stunning coup for us, he's most definitely off this summer and is properly back firing after a better end to the season. Got absolutely garried after they won the league and then also got arrested in Sao Paulo at an illegal rave so he'll fit in well here.

So in short there are likely to be better options out there ie less of a gamble?!

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

So in short there are likely to be better options out there ie less of a gamble?!

I'm not sure there is one standout right winger that we could get that is bullet proof. Leon Bailey has had a great season and is probably the one most likely to carry it on. 

Neres bar his injury was destined to be a world beater, in terms of ability I doubt there's many better that we could get.

I think Makuede would be the one that makes the most sense. Young, English and can play anywhere across the 3 attacking positions. But if offered Neres then I'd have to say yes, he's pure sauce.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I thought he looked decent for a relegated Fulham, as did that Andersen they had on loan, would take either!

That Anderson would be a great signing. Would cost a fair bit I would imagine. 

6 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Cahill would be a fine signing imo, with a 1 year or two year contract. Tuanzebe is a sicknote though. Amartey is perfectly fine as a centre back backup.

Not this bollox again

Amartey is so ‘perfectly fine as a back up’, during the final match of last season, when we needed to make a like for like CB swap, Rodgers didn’t even bring him on then!

Dan Amartey should be nowhere near this football club. 
I can only assume there’s just very little interest in him

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Not this bollox again

Amartey is so ‘perfectly fine as a back up’, during the final match of last season, when we needed to make a like for like CB swap, Rodgers didn’t even bring him on then!

Dan Amartey should be nowhere near this football club. 
I can only assume there’s just very little interest in him

Nothing says not wanted or trusted when on the last crucial game of the season Castagne & Ndidi are taken from their positions to be put in yours.

Needs to go if possible and we need a new 4th CB, either a good one if we plan to play 3 CB's or a competent one if we play a back four.

• Like 1