Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

If no big departures, then two more in will see us set well for next season.

An experienced CB who can step in for Evans, then a winger of some sort, not sure why fans are clamouring for a top class one though, you have to ask yourself, where would he fit?

4-2-3-1, you’d be leaving two of Vardy, Iheanacho & Daka out most weeks, can’t see Rodgers doing that. 3-4-3, you’d be leaving out Maddison and two of Vardy, Iheanacho & Daka, can’t see Rodgers doing that. 3-4-1-2, the we wouldn’t be playing with wingers at all.

Ideally we need someone with potential, either permanently or on loan, who can start every now and then, but would find himself on the bench more often than not.

One of Mikel Damsgaard, Dan James, Noni Madueke, Francisco Trincao, Michael Olise or someone of their ilk would be perfect.

32 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

I’d quite like an English player! What’s the rules regarding the number of foreign players that can be fielded at any one time? Or has that rule gone. 

What difference does it make if a player is English?

Was that ever a rule?

I believe your 25-man squad for European competition has to have at least 8 players who trained in the country for 3 years between the ages of 16 and 21, including 4 who did that at your club. None have to play, and none have to be English, though.

18 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

What difference does it make if a player is English?

Was that ever a rule?

I believe your 25-man squad for European competition has to have at least 8 players who trained in the country for 3 years between the ages of 16 and 21, including 4 who did that at your club. None have to play, and none have to be English, though.

I don’t know if it does make a difference, probably not. Just a personal opinion. We have a good academy which has produced at least 2 quality first team products. Long may that continue. 

We all know we need a right winger, preferably left footed, who’s going to score around 10 and assist a similar number. Someone who’ll start the big games.

I’m struggling to think of viable candidates. The likes of Ikone, Stengs, Bailey, Faivre & Olise all have something to offer, but aren’t we now looking for better, more (forgive me) ‘oven-ready’?

So if it’s not Berardi, I do hope it’s Trincao. Who else is there that fits the bill?

15 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

We all know we need a right winger, preferably left footed, who’s going to score around 10 and assist a similar number. Someone who’ll start the big games.

I’m struggling to think of viable candidates. The likes of Ikone, Stengs, Bailey, Faivre & Olise all have something to offer, but aren’t we now looking for better, more (forgive me) ‘oven-ready’?

So if it’s not Berardi, I do hope it’s Trincao. Who else is there that fits the bill?

Would not say that describes Trincao, isn’t he another prospect purchase? Outside of Leon Bailey it’s tricky, but would be tempted by tricky Vicky

24 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would not say that describes Trincao, isn’t he another prospect purchase? Outside of Leon Bailey it’s tricky, but would be tempted by tricky Vicky

To a degree, but Trincao probably starts from a higher base than the rest, and has a higher ceiling.

Who’s Vicky?!

Edited by Steve Earle

3 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

To a degree, but Trincao probably starts from a higher position than the rest, and has a higher ceiling.

Who’s Vicky?!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Tomorrow night the country will see. 

He didn't play against Sweden did he? I haven't actually seen him on the pitch for them properly yet, unless I've missed something.

4 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

He didn't play against Sweden did he? I haven't actually seen him on the pitch for them properly yet, unless I've missed something.

He came into the tournament injured. He came on in the last two games after missing the opening ones so it looks like he could be ready to be more involved. He is seriously talented. I’ve said a few times that he should be the one we target.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Bailey has played the majority of his Leverkusen career on the left, but he can absolutely played on the right which he did for a spell at Genk that earn him the move to Germany.

Given we may be pursuing loan moves with options/obligations to buy I do wonder if Ajax would be open to a deal on Neres. 

...would love to have Neres here!!!

Have looked at him coming here for the last three seasons but the liklihood of this happening is pretty much a pipe dream.

In an effort to improve a move to the Premiership with a new style of play and defenders he will come up against will be a learning opportunity and they need to look to challenge themselves or stagnate.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, peach0000 said:

He came into the tournament injured. He came on in the last two games after missing the opening ones so it looks like he could be ready to be more involved. He is seriously talented. I’ve said a few times that he should be the one we target.

Tsgyankov is priced at 22.5 mill on Transfermarkt.  I find that valuations on that site turn out to be as little as 50% of the actual transfer value.  Wouldn't that put him out of our reach? There are the usual risk factors associated with him too - playing in a lesser league, fairly frequent injuries etc.

On the other hand, a left-footed right winger is our dream ...

Will be interesting to get a look at him this evening.

Edited by deep blue

58 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Tsgyankov is priced at 22.5 mill on Transfermarkt.  I find that valuations on that site turn out to be as little as 50% of the actual transfer value.  Wouldn't that put him out of our reach? There are the usual risk factors associated with him too - playing in a lesser league, fairly frequent injuries etc.

On the other hand, a left-footed right winger is our dream ...

Will be interesting to get a look at him this evening.

I may be wrong but I wouldn’t have expected him to even cost that much to be honest coming from the Ukrainian League. I will say though that there is a Ukrainian premium when buying from Kyiv or Shakthar as they have really strict foreign player limits in their league so Ukrainian footballers do always go for a bit more.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

I may be wrong but I wouldn’t have expected him to even cost that much to be honest coming from the Ukrainian League. I will say though that there is a Ukrainian premium when buying from Kyiv or Shakthar as they have really strict foreign player limits in their league so Ukrainian footballers do always go for a bit more.

£20-25m would get him quite comfortably. 

His defensive work rate is what ought to appeal to Rodgers, nevermind how strong he is in attack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Rumour has it that Chelsea are looking to offload Hudson-Odoi

Yes/No for City?

I'd love him here. Only 20 years old, has the pace and technical ability to be top player in the next few years.

His all-round game is already very good for his age just needs a bit more end product.

Screenshot_20210703-103125.thumb.jpg.303bf45ea8a0b7d7245df07ebb958a0e.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If that is the case then we've learnt absolutely nothing yet again.

Our problems for a 2nd season running last year was not having enough quality attacking midfielders and wingers. 

We can have all the strikers and defensive midfielders in the world but if you can't create the chances or bring goals from elsewhere then we'll not break that barrier in to the top 4. 

It's not it anyway, we will bring 2 more in.

We'll get a RW in for sure but I heavily doubt we'll get another big signing in after that, if we get anyone else in it will be on loan or a free, or for very cheap.