Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not the most exciting of picks but for a 4th choice CB I'd be looking to the Championship - Mepham or Kelly at Bournemouth or John Egan at Sheffield Utd. Would slot in soundly and wouldn't cost a shit load. 

Adarabioyo is the one, release clause of £10m due to relegation

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not the most exciting of picks but for a 4th choice CB I'd be looking to the Championship - Mepham or Kelly at Bournemouth or John Egan at Sheffield Utd. Would slot in soundly and wouldn't cost a shit load. 

This is all we need. Evans is in the last few seasons of his career, and it’s quite feasible his legs may have gone over the summer and he is unable to play at this level. An solid CB is all we need.

I just can't see us spending £10M+ on a fourth choice CB. IMO we'll be looking at free transfers and/or loans for that role and LB (hopefully Bertrand).

Unless we're going to be very disappointed indeed with our new signing at RW, that is.

Nice pursuing deal with AZ for Calvin Stengs for about €10m (£8.6m). I know he's had a poor and inconsistent season, issues with his attitude and effort, and also a Raiola client, so can see why we've not gone there.

But very cheap, still - just shows the value on the market and hence we will bide our time

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Nice pursuing deal with AZ for Calvin Stengs for about €10m (£8.6m). I know he's had a poor and inconsistent season, issues with his attitude and effort, and also a Raiola client, so can see why we've not gone there.

But very cheap, still - just shows the value on the market and hence we will bide our time

Astonishing 

15 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I'm convinced 10 years from now we'll all be reading about the collapse of the Mendes empire and how corrupt it's all been....

Wolves is convenient enough, but now he's moving a player for pennies to a club owned by super corrupt billionaire Jim Ratcliffe.

It'll all come tumbling down i'm sure...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I'm convinced 10 years from now we'll all be reading about the collapse of the Mendes empire and how corrupt it's all been....

Wolves is convenient enough, but now he's moving a player for pennies to a club owned by super corrupt billionaire Jim Ratcliffe.

It'll all come tumbling down i'm sure...

Think you're getting Mendes and Raiola confused there, but agreed in general about Mendes and Wolves

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Michael Olise is going to Palace, that's a superb signing for them. He's got a very low release clause too. We best have a good eight winger lined up, I'm starting to get riled.

Once Eze is back, an interchangable 3 behind the striker of Zaha, Eze, and Olise could be really good

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Once Eze is back, an interchangable 3 behind the striker of Zaha, Eze, and Olise could be really good

Yeah it's the sort of signing that we'd ordinarily have gone for but I feel like we think we have to go one rung up on such players and we don't target the lower leagues now, annoying.

Guest SO1
4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Michael Olise is going to Palace, that's a superb signing for them. He's got a very low release clause too. We best have a good right winger lined up, I'm starting to get riled.

Really think we're going to have to wait towards the end of the window when the best deals should be more available and clubs start hitting the panic button needing cash. If clubs like Barca aren't splashing the cash then things must be worse than I thought. Its been an excellent window so far just waiting for that cherry on top.

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Michael Olise is going to Palace, that's a superb signing for them. He's got a very low release clause too. We best have a good right winger lined up, I'm starting to get riled.

I was just going to come on here and post this because I knew you’d be blowing steam!

Big fan of the player, this is Eze 2.0 (though different style of player) in that I’m fairly sure he will adapt to the league like a duck to water. The only reason we aren’t in for him i think is I imagine that we want someone more ready. E.g. like how we went for Under last season. 

That said I’m genuinely thinking we might be done with signings after Bertrand. If we don’t sell anyone that puts us on a par with last season and the strongest rumours at the moment are around a new Youri deal instead of new players. Pre-season starts next week and we’ve got our priority players in already. This season we don’t want to sell anyone. 

One other possibility is that Rodgers wants to cast his eye on everyone first before getting anyone else. Ricardo looks in phenomenal physical condition, KDB and Sowah might be surprise hits. After Maguire went, Rodgers gave Soyuncu a chance and the rest is history. 

All that said a top class right winger would be most welcomed by me!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Our starting 11 isn't any stronger than last season yet. Probably weaker seeing that Barnes and Justin are injured.

They will be back

Just now, pmcla26 said:

We don’t have to play a right winger every game - there are many different set ups that we can use.

I do agree it would be nice to bring one in but I’d be happy with Bertrand and another centre back and leave it at that. I imagine we’ll often play two up top next season with 3 top striker options to choose from, which will probably mean we’ll sacrifice a winger from the starting 11.

Our best form under Rodgers has been playing either 433 or 4231. When we play without wingers we're nowhere near as consistently good. A right winger should've been prioritised over the Soumare signing if we can't have both imo.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

....any real progress that he makes will tie him into their club and he will be priced out of any move from Palace...!!!

Unless his agent can insert a release in his new contract, he pretty much won't be coming out until he runs his contract down.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matty98 said:

Our best form under Rodgers has been playing either 433 or 4231. When we play without wingers we're nowhere near as consistently good. A right winger should've been prioritised over the Soumare signing if we can't have both imo.

...with Soumare in the team it has made us more solid, everything else is building on a foundation which was strained for the last couple of seasons!!!

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...with Soumare in the team it has made us more solid, everything else is building on a foundation which was strained for the last couple of seasons!!!

Soumare isn't a guaranteed starter. When Tielemans, Ndidi and Maddison are fit that will most likely be the starting midfield because our record with them is fantastic. A right winger that's a guaranteed starter would make more difference.

10 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

...he stays at one place too long and ends up taking the place for granted!!!

He really needed a new challenge sometime ago and when you are a big fish in a small pond you start to irritate everyone around you. At  €10m it is a stupid price and I cannot believe anyone would not be beating the door down for his signature. 

We could do with him here, the problems regarding attitude I  do not know about, and it is not something that I  have previously heard regarding his conduct.

There is a top class player seemingly being given away and if we do not at least throw our hat into the ring, then I do not know why we are bothering in this market place.