Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

How much money have we wasted on trying to replace Mahrez?  Under was a loan, Perez was not an attempt to do that, and Ghezzal - while way too much for what he gave us (though we may soon cut our losses some) wasn't all that expensive.

More than any other position, and although Perez was not a Mahrez replacement, he was an attempt to fill what he provided in a different way (unless you feel he was brought in to compete with Maddison)

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

How much money have we wasted on trying to replace Mahrez?  Under was a loan, Perez was not an attempt to do that, and Ghezzal - while way too much for what he gave us (though we may soon cut our losses some) - wasn't all that expensive.

Rodgers certainly bunged Ayoze out on the right to start with and it took more than one match before he realised it was a waste of time.

8 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Rodgers said last summer he wanted 5 new signings and we’ve already got 3 done. So a perfect window would then be a CB and winger coming in. 

I’m aware of Soumare and Daka. Who is the 3rd?

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

For our two remaining 'problem' positions; Centre-back (back-up/fourth choice) and Right-sided Forward I would like the following:

- Jannick Vestegaard

- Leon Bailey

All things considered, age, price, stats, value for money, availability. realistic targets and where they fit into our current squad requirements, i think these two would be the best options for us.

.....looks like a good duo to bring in....!!!

A lot of people on this forum do not rate Vestegaard, but he is a experience head and his long passing from defence is a very good weapon with our ability to counter. Bailey might just be one of those players who never move from the Continent and like Neres and Stengs will likely stagnate where they are.

I want Berardi. Otherwise we'll be using a 433 I.e  Castagne being a direct link up the flank to Daka on the right. The danger in this is that we only have praet that plays right centre mid unless you play Mendy/Albrighton in that spot. Rule out mendy, Albrighton would run into Castagna's playing zone and only Praet tends to go direct and leave the wingers to do their jobs. If we played 3412 we have Soumare who could occupy any of those 2 CM spots with Tielemans and they could rotate with each other. 

If we don't get a decent RW then a formation with a back 3 works best for me by stretching the wide areas and opening up space for midfield.

12 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I want Berardi. Otherwise we'll be using a 433 I.e  Castagne being a direct link up the flank to Daka on the right. The danger in this is that we only have praet that plays right centre mid unless you play Mendy/Albrighton in that spot. Rule out mendy, Albrighton would run into Castagna's playing zone and only Praet tends to go direct and leave the wingers to do their jobs. If we played 3412 we have Soumare who could occupy any of those 2 CM spots with Tielemans and they could rotate with each other. 

If we don't get a decent RW then a formation with a back 3 works best for me by stretching the wide areas and opening up space for midfield.

Just out of interest, why would you pick Mendy or Albrighton to play centre mid over Soumare or KDH?

3 hours ago, UHDrive said:

....just never comfortable with a back three....!!!

The Wing Backs are pushed so far forward it leaves the backline exposed. I am not too keen on bringing in Gosens as it will surely commit us to a three at the back and getting Berardi in gives us Wingers and the ability to stretch the pitch and not become so narrow.

Just looking at how this panned out last season, playing two upfront will be the norm but I would prefer 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3 in the big games.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Than fofana, soyuncu and Evans? Who you hoping for? Van dijk on loan?

Evans is another year older and therefore more at risk of picking up injury. Soyuncu (as we know if we’re being honest) can blow very hot and cold. We only have to look at what happened at the end of last season when we had to start bringing Wilf back into the defence to see how limited we were in that area. 
We’ve solidified the midfield, we have another option up front, I think we need to tighten up the defence too. I’d like to sign another strong CB as a starter for games. 
Are we still linked with Tarkowski? He’d be a good acquisition as I said during the last transfer window. And it’s a shame we didn’t sign him. We’d have probably made the CL if we had

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Evans is another year older and therefore more at risk of picking up injury. Soyuncu (as we know if we’re being honest) can blow very hot and cold. We only have to look at what happened at the end of last season when we had to start bringing Wilf back into the defence to see how limited we were in that area. 
We’ve solidified the midfield, we have another option up front, I think we need to tighten up the defence too. I’d like to sign another strong CB as a starter for games. 
Are we still linked with Tarkowski? He’d be a good acquisition as I said during the last transfer window. And it’s a shame we didn’t sign him. We’d have probably made the CL if we had

I agree another centre back would be good, I'd probably put it below a right winger though and I reckon it'll be hard to get someone of that quality in (tarkowski) as they're likely to be 4th choice.

2 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Auoar is not turning up to preseason with Lyon as they’re expecting him to leave. I know it’s unlikely but if Praet were to go he’d be an unbelievable replacement.

He'd have to be 1st choice here but what a player, someone will get him for £20-25m

2 hours ago, Dusty said:

Auoar is not turning up to preseason with Lyon as they’re expecting him to leave. I know it’s unlikely but if Praet were to go he’d be an unbelievable replacement.

Too many vowels mate, not interested.

19 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

And we need a first choice right winger. The centre half we need is probably 4th choice so will probably be a loan or maybe a player that can cover a few positions. We all know Brendan loves a dm that can slot into a back 3. Mendy and ndidi going on afcon might more we need a versatile player like that but probably less so than a winger.

Sounding like another ‘Ryan Bennett’ type. :unsure:

Not the most exciting of picks but for a 4th choice CB I'd be looking to the Championship - Mepham or Kelly at Bournemouth or John Egan at Sheffield Utd. Would slot in soundly and wouldn't cost a shit load. 

• Like 4