Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ivan Toney

29 minutes ago, enmac said:

Adrian Durham likes him. (Peterborough fan) Better than Tammy, although I'm not sure how objective this is. 

Wouldn’t take a blind bit of notice of anything Durham has to say, bloke is a massive bellend. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Iran said:

Anyone else prefer Edouard to Toney?

I do and let's not forget Brentford promoted , he stays. Edouard cheaper and a bigger , heavier man. Toney is a good striker but we need somebody we can be pretty sure of getting ,Edouard looks much more achievable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

I do and let's not forget Brentford promoted , he stays. Edouard cheaper and a bigger , heavier man. Toney is a good striker but we need somebody we can be pretty sure of getting ,Edouard looks much more achievable.

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I hate these types of stat breakdowns. 48 of Toney's goals came in League 1. Whereas Edouard has been in the SPL, Europe and France U21s. 

I apologize, I should have been more articulate on my end regarding who I preferred as a potential LC player. It's Edouard who I prefer to Toney, not the opposite. (In hindsight I should not have posted that statistical breakdown as it shows the opposite, so once again I'm sorry for that.) Not to say that Toney is a bad player or anything as such, however Brendan Rodgers worked with Edouard in the past and Edouard has shown it on higher levels as @UniFox21 mentions where as Toney's mostly came in League 1/Championship.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm a fan of French Eddy but I would prefer Toney as I feel he would compliment Nacho better. 

From a monetary view, the £15/20m on Edouard is better spent than £35m on Toney. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I hate these types of stat breakdowns. 48 of Toney's goals came in League 1. Whereas Edouard has been in the SPL, Europe and France U21s. 

Sounds like a fair comparison then lol

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Salieri said:

Wouldn’t take a blind bit of notice of anything Durham has to say, bloke is a massive bellend. 

Nail on the head sir.

This is the guy that said Mark Warburton should be the next England manager after he won the Scottish second tier with Rangers.

A whopper of epic proportions, the Katie Hopkins of sports radio, if you can even call Talksport that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, filbertway said:

Wouldn't be wanting to blow half our budget on him. Much like every striker before him at Brentford, he benefits from playing in a team that actively tries to score goals. His finishes aren't particularly impressive enough for me to think spending 30/40 million on a player like him would be worth the risk.

....yes he is a messy player!!!

You get the impression that he is just not good enough to play at the top level but I guess the thing is he gets himself in the positions to score. Something like that is not something that can't be coached but it is good when you have a natural on your books.

Edited by sacreblueits442

3 hours ago, Salieri said:

I agree, although I think he's got a soft spot for City. Someone on here also said that Peterborough will get a large sell on bonus. That could well be his reasoning. 

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I tend to agree. The stat I think is the most important is the fact that he's a regular in the under 21s. We all know how good Wes junior, yet he struggles to get a game. I think that the last time he played it was at RB. Don't know whether that's because France has too many good CBs or few good CFs, which I doubt. Mind you, I suppose that if they're really good they go straight into the full team like Mbappe. 

2 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

We’re not in for Toney! Edouard will be all agreed behind the scenes. He wants to work with Rodgers. Leaving no room for Toney 

It's probably just a ruse to keep Edouard's price down. Don't want to appear too desperate. 

40 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Nail on the head sir.

This is the guy that said Mark Warburton should be the next England manager after he won the Scottish second tier with Rangers.

A whopper of epic proportions, the Katie Hopkins of sports radio, if you can even call Talksport that.

I like Danny Kelly, Paul Hawksby, Andy Jacobs, Max Rushden. Jason Cundy is OK. Agreed there's also a lot of crap. Only really listen to it because too much news gets too much for me, especially during the last year. 

Edouards close control is awesome and he has that trickery and link play that will excite when he plays at a Higher level. Toney hasn't really impressed me performance wise and he reminds me of them moaning footballers like Zaha. Both will be gambles considering the standard they currently play which IMO is similar but personally Id go for Edouard if he is 20m or less.

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....yes he is a messy player!!!

You get the impression that he is just not good enough to play at the top level but I guess the thing is he gets himself in the positions to score. Something like that is not something that can't be coached but it is good when you have a natural on your books.

Of course it's something that can be coached. You've just got to be smart enough to learn. 

Toney is going to cost maybe 10m more then Edouard, we probably get Edouard for 15-20m, Brentford probably want 25m-30m of Toney.

Eduardo has shown he can score in the Europa league and Rodgers knows him, so I go for Eduardo and strengthen elsewhere 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, enmac said:

I like Danny Kelly, Paul Hawksby, Andy Jacobs, Max Rushden. Jason Cundy is OK. Agreed there's also a lot of crap. Only really listen to it because too much news gets too much for me, especially during the last year. 

Cundy is about as insightful as a concrete bollard. He's another one like Durham that has no talent or deep knowledge of the game so just blurts out whatever controversial rubbish pops into his head to try and stay relevant.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Toney is going to cost maybe 10m more then Edouard, we probably get Edouard for 15-20m, Brentford probably want 25m-30m of Toney.

Eduardo has shown he can score in the Europa league and Rodgers knows him, so I go for Eduardo and strengthen elsewhere 

Toney would cost comfortably double what Edouard would cost this summer. Your not gettng any change out of £30m for him, Watkins set the benchmark in that sense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Toney would cost comfortably double what Edouard would cost this summer. Your not gettng any change out of £30m for him, Watkins set the benchmark in that sense.

I'd agree, from a price point of view Edouard is the right option,

I've not see enough of either to make an informed choice on who is the better player.

• Like 1