Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Ivan Toney

10 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Edouard , Vardy, Iheanacho and Barnes to me would be our principal goal threat. No matter what combination Rodgers uses they will be there to give him various options. In fact their individual strengths should compliment each other very well. Iheanacho should seriously work on his heading skills and then we will be missing very little.

You still need a dynamic threat on RW - Trincao, Pereira, Faivre (he can play all over), whoever it is.  If you don't have that you severely limit yourself in terms of formation and depth.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

You still need a dynamic threat on RW - Trincao, Pereira, Faivre (he can play all over), whoever it is.  If you don't have that you severely limit yourself in terms of formation and depth.

I am hoping Pereira signs as the versatile wide man to replace Albrighton as first option.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watching him again in this Championship play off semi final, I’ve come to the conclusion that I would love to have him here. He’s got pace but he can also really occupy both opposition centre halves which would completely open up the game for the rest of our creative players. 

1 minute ago, body102 said:

Just don't think he's very good , just my opinion 

What attributes do think he is missing that wouldn’t allow him to carry some of his goal scoring attributes into the premier league?

Granted he has scored a lot of penalties but his goals are varied and typical strikers goals, he has pace and power. I’m just wondering what is the base of your opinion.

45 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Looked rubbish in today's game. 

I'm glad you are not doing any scouting for us. He had a very good game, was involved in everything going forward, had seven shots on goal & influenced the game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Because we are linked and Eduoard is not confirmed. Why does it matter?

If Brentford come up , he is going nowhere and anyway he would gobble up most of our available transfer funds. They would want more for him than Watkins .because they have got to pay the Posh off. Some players like Toney, Trincao and Gosens may be very good players but are just too expensive unless we are planning to sell a major asset that is.

• Like 1

Just now, An Sionnach said:

If Brentford come up , he is going nowhere and anyway he would gobble up most of our available transfer funds. They would want more for him than Watkins .because they have got to pay the Posh off. Some players like Toney, Trincao and Gosens may be very good players but are just too expensive unless we are planning to sell a major asset that is.

See it wasn’t that hard to contribute properly 🕺

I agree, there are most likely better value players and I hope Eduoard is one of them.

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I'm glad you are not doing any scouting for us. He had a very good game, was involved in everything going forward, had seven shots on goal & influenced the game.

I saw him completely miss hit two decent chances. 

15 minutes ago, TommyK said:

I saw him completely miss hit two decent chances. 

That doesn't mean that he's had a bad game ! For a striker it's all about being in the right position  but anyone who has ever played football has miss hit a ball.

Whoscored are fairly accurate gave him a 7.7 which is very good.

Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 12.05.55 PM.png

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

If they go up, he should stay put, give them at least a season. Plus we can judge just how good he is in the PL before plunging a lot of money in. They will be demanding a lot more with promotion 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

3 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

If they go up, he should stay put, give them at least a season. Plus we can judge just how good he is in the PL before plunging a lot of money in. They will be demanding a lot more with promotion 

...if he excels, he will be so expensive he will be right out of our range!!!

We have to spot early and move quicker to compete against the big boys. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

They will be demanding even more if he's had a suucessful season.