Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Odsonne Édouard

31 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Kind of mad we are relevant enough to have a non-uk specific guy speak as much about us as he does tbh.

Apparently he is a fan of Crystal Palace. Does he live in Sarf London?

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

An interesting read, pretty much takes up the sorts of positions Barnes and Maddison look for when we play 4-2-3-1, not sure that'll work.

If he does sign, it'll certainly be interesting to see how this all links up. I'd assume he'd push Barnes slightly further forward, give Edouard that central region to roam and have Maddison filling in the gaps. 

Could lead to some interesting chances with Barnes and Édouard able to harass the right back, RCB area and drag a few out of position leaving space for Maddison/Vardy/Nacho/RW to run into.  

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

If he does sign, it'll certainly be interesting to see how this all links up. I'd assume he'd push Barnes slightly further forward, give Edouard that central region to roam and have Maddison filling in the gaps. 

Could lead to some interesting chances with Barnes and Édouard able to harass the right back, RCB area and drag a few out of position leaving space for Maddison/Vardy/Nacho/RW to run into.  

Barnes is our Vardy replacement long term

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Barnes is our Vardy replacement long term

I can see the logic, but not convinced. I think we would have seen him used there this season if it was something we were thinking long term. 

38 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Expand your thinking on this one Muzzy.

Barnes is at his best running onto the ball with space to run into either at a defender or in behind. The position in which you receive the ball when playing as a number 9, particularly in a system with one striker is completely different, more often than not you receive the ball with your back to goal and rely on your ability to hold the ball in and link up. Barnes's greatest strenght is exploiting space from deep, playing as a number 9 would dillute that very much so.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Barnes is at his best running onto the ball with space to run into either at a defender or in behind. The position in which you receive the ball when playing as a number 9, particularly in a system with one striker is completely different, more often than not you receive the ball with your back to goal and rely on your ability to hold the ball in and link up. Barnes's greatest strenght is exploiting space from deep, playing as a number 9 would dillute that very much so.

Its looks like to get the best from him , we have to play break out football from our own half so the short passing , measured build up play will not suit him.

4 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

If that bloke cropped his hair short to a buzz and did the same with his beard - he could be Dyche’s twin brother. 

He looks like Dyches heavier big brother. Kind of like how Brock Lesnar looks like Nigel Pearson’s heavier big brother…

F42F52FB-1226-4B5E-9A7A-990A6D28AEC2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If people think Barnes is Vardys replacement, I’d ask the question who is going to be Barnes replacement. We’ve just seen by his absence how important he is from his current position, and whilst I’m not entirely against him moving centrally (I’d prefer him deeper than Vardy) I’m totally against replacing a key player with another key player because you are still short, a key player.

7 minutes ago, Strokes said:

If people think Barnes is Vardys replacement, I’d ask the question who is going to be Barnes replacement. We’ve just seen by his absence how important he is from his current position, and whilst I’m not entirely against him moving centrally (I’d prefer him deeper than Vardy) I’m totally against replacing a key player with another key player because you are still short, a key player.

Danjuma

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

An interesting read, pretty much takes up the sorts of positions Barnes and Maddison look for when we play 4-2-3-1, not sure that'll work.

The more I see the analysis and read about him (as well as watching), he seems more similar to a Kelechi than anything else. Play style is similar: drop off, link play, look for space, cut in and shoot. He does it from the left, Kels from the right. I’m not saying he’s not good but just that he’s similar in style.

I think he’ll also be more effective in a two and maybe a bit better as a one. He certainly creates space for others like Iheanacho but as he does on the left, I think that will help Harvey. A similar winger to Harvey up front who can cut in would make it exciting as well. That way we can get overloads with the winger joining the attack from either side as their sides striker creates room. 

attached is a side by side of Edouard and Kelechi’s heat maps from this season. 

976AA6B9-C376-4117-9675-9CA0265DCEF7.jpeg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, dannythefox said:

No chance of that happening, watch them, completely different players. 

Exactly..... Vardy is better running off the ball in attack, Barnes is better with the ball at his feet driving at defences

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

The more I see the analysis and read about him (as well as watching), he seems more similar to a Kelechi than anything else. Play style is similar: drop off, link play, look for space, cut in and shoot. He does it from the left, Kels from the right. I’m not saying he’s not good but just that he’s similar in style.

I think he’ll also be more effective in a two and maybe a bit better as a one. He certainly creates space for others like Iheanacho but as he does on the left, I think that will help Harvey. A similar winger to Harvey up front who can cut in would make it exciting as well. That way we can get overloads with the winger joining the attack from either side as their sides striker creates room. 

attached is a side by side of Edouard and Kelechi’s heat maps from this season. 

976AA6B9-C376-4117-9675-9CA0265DCEF7.jpeg

Why does this give me the feeling that we will start to transition to a more traditional 4-4-2?