Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
31 minutes ago, Bert said:

Id much rather take Trent over James myself but the way Southgate has been speaking faith Trent makes me feel he won’t. Trents had a great end to the season and his set pieces are phenomenal. 

Especially the set pieces point, he mentioned Maddison doesn't take Leicester's anymore, but will ignore fact Trent takes them all for Liverpool

Posted

Barring injuries, I'd like to see the following drop out:

 

Ramsdale, Mings, White, Trippier, Lingard, Saka, Watkins

 

I think he'll drop TAA instead of Trippier and Godfrey instead of Mings though. Probably Greenwood instead of Saka too. Not many arguments with the 33 atm though really, it's all pretty standard.

Posted

Looking forward to SG picking two holding CM and 3 CBs, Mason Mount a starting whilst Foden and Grealish sit on the bench.

 

We couldn't win a thing with Terry and Rio playing at CB, now we have this bunch to pick from. 

 

Posted

If we play Stones and Maguire together, I'd be inclined to turn off the commentary and play the Benny Hill theme tune in the background. You just know those two have a criminal mistake in them individually, let alone together. They'd have to get through 630 minutes of football plus any extra time to lift the title. Anyone see that happening?

I really think there's a footballer there with Stones, but he has this annoying capacity to look vacant at times. Maguire has actually done pretty well for England, given he moves more slowly than a vegan in a beefburger queue, but an international tournament winning centre half? I just can't see it.

  • Haha 1
Posted
4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Usually love international tournaments where I become hopelessly confident of England's chances but we have one of the most inept coaches in the game and a squad of players that he's proven he's prepared to ignore regardless of ability.

 

At least with Hodgson, although he did a fairly poor job he picked on the whole a decent squad and often put together a team that was about the best XI there and not horribly defensive. Southgate has the most ridiculous attackers, wingers and ACM's at his disposal and yet he'll still pick 5 defenders and 2 holding midfielders.

 

I actually despise him, he's so far out of his depth it's astonishing. If he ever pitches up as Leicester manager I'll smear myself I fish paste and jump in a piranha tank. 

Hasn't he spoken about how much he admires what we do?

 

DON'T DO IT, TOP. PLEASE.

  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)

Thank the Lord we aren’t going to see Mings at a European tournament 

 

EDIT:  eeeee missed his name somehow hopefully he doesn’t actually make the squad lol 

Edited by goody2028
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Osavo said:

Barring injuries, I'd like to see the following drop out:

 

Ramsdale, Mings, White, Trippier, Lingard, Saka, Watkins

 

I think he'll drop TAA instead of Trippier and Godfrey instead of Mings though. Probably Greenwood instead of Saka too. Not many arguments with the 33 atm though really, it's all pretty standard.

I don’t get the hate trippier gets. He’s had a good season for Athletico and has just won La Liga. 

Edited by peach0000
Posted
52 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Thank the Lord we aren’t going to see Mings at a European tournament 

 

EDIT:  eeeee missed his name somehow hopefully he doesn’t actually make the squad lol 

I think he’ll make it purely because he’s a left sided centre half. 

Posted (edited)

Another England manager talking about playing fullbacks in midfield and rb at lb, and the need for flexibility.

 

You've got a 26 man squad!!!!

 

Just pick the best player in those positions.

 

Flashbacks to Guppy playing RW for his 11 England cap.

 

 

Edited by coolhandfox
Posted
38 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I don’t get the hate trippier gets. He’s had a good season for Athletico and has just one La Liga. 

I don't hate the bloke, and I'm not denying he's a solid enough player. I just don't prefer him to our other options at RB, a position where we are pretty well stocked tbh.

Posted
23 minutes ago, Osavo said:

I don't hate the bloke, and I'm not denying he's a solid enough player. I just don't prefer him to our other options at RB, a position where we are pretty well stocked tbh.

I don’t know personally I think him and Alexander-Arnold are probably the best two. Then Walker and AWB. I really don’t rate Reece James

Posted

We have the best wingers, attacking midfielders and strikers in the world, it's absolutely extraordinary. Yet we've got without question the most inept manager out of the big nations and we will be all over the place once again. 

 

Infuriating.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Posted

Some of the other favorites might have a thing or two to say about that but it is true potentially we have some very exciting attacking talent if given the chance.

 

Unfortunately most of the build up will be about TAA being picked or not picked and Kane will probably be affected by all the transfer talk.

 

And no doubt the usual injuries will crop up!

 

Plus if we do win our group we will be facing one of France, Portugal or Germany.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We have the best wingers, attacking midfielders and strikers in the world, it's absolutely extraordinary. Yet we've got without question the most inept manager out of the big nations and we will be all over the place once again. 

 

Infuriating.

The attacking strength we have in this squad is as good as i have seen since probably Euro 96. 

 

You have to play players with winning mentality 

 

Trippier, Stones, Foden, Sterling.  - All have won their leagues this season they have to play.

 

Bellingham has won the cup in Germany - he has to play. 

 

Mount / Chillwell  - Could have a champs league winners medal (probs wont but might) within the next few days

 

Henderson - Could have a Europa league winners medal by the end of the day! 

 

Kane keeps saying he wants to win trophies! currently he has no better opportunities that with this bunch of players. 

 

              Henderson 

Trippier Stones Maguire Chillwell 

          Rice Bellingham 

     Sterling Mount Foden 

                Kane 

 

That team above has 8 (would be 9 if slabhead hadn't got injured) out of the 11 have either won a league or played in a final this season! the other two Rice has had an unreal season and has helped West Ham get to their highest league finish in years! and Kane has jsut won the Golden Boot in the worst Spurs team in probably 10 years. No other team in Europe has that. 

 

If we don't at least get to the final if has to be classed as failure 

 

BUT do i trust Southgate to get his selection right? not a chance! 

 

 

Edited by goose2010
Posted
8 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

The attacking strength we have in this squad is as good as i have seen since probably Euro 96. 

 

You have to play players with winning mentality 

 

 

 

If we don't at least get to the final if has to be classed as failure 

 

BUT do i trust Southgate to get his selection right? not a chance! 

 

 

Looking at this we might have to do it the hard away but then if you want to be the best then we have to beat the best!

 

https://news.paddypower.com/football/2021/05/26/england-euro-2021-route-to-the-final/

 

Posted
2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We have the best wingers, attacking midfielders and strikers in the world, it's absolutely extraordinary. Yet we've got without question the most inept manager out of the big nations and we will be all over the place once again. 

 

Infuriating.

I'd argue that Mbappe and Benzema would push our strike force.

 

 

Posted

So much talent in this squad but its lacking in the key areas in centre back and central midfield. That will stop us beating the best, that and having Southgate in charge. 

 

I like Rice's attitude, work rate etc but in international football you need central midfielders who can control the game. Bellingham is a top prospect but probably too early for him to do that. 

 

Choosing the 3 behind Kane is a tough choice, so many options. Southgate will probably go Sterling, Rashford and Mount because its probably the one he knows most about. Mount's probably a shoe-in for the central role, whether we like it or not so I would go pace of Sancho on one side and guile of Foden/Grealish on the other. Kane's lack of pace means temptation is to go pace on both sides but then we have no creativity. 

 

 

Posted
16 minutes ago, Shane said:

The cynic in me suggests this is/was a ploy to avoid him declaring for Nigeria.

 

Hope he does want to play for England though as he is a wonderful talent, but may think his path to the squad is somewhat blocked atm as we have an embarrassment of riches in that area.

  • Like 2
Posted
20 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Especially the set pieces point, he mentioned Maddison doesn't take Leicester's anymore, but will ignore fact Trent takes them all for Liverpool

I thought the set pieces point was him saying perhaps he can’t take them because of his injury? 

Posted

Without Pope who is the number 1 then, surely to Pitsford?

 

We almost have too many options out wide and in attacking midfield, I keep switching who I think should play, can't settle on the combination. 

 

Henderson

 

Trippier or TAA

Stones

Maguire

Shaw

 

Rice

Bellingham or Mount

 

Foden 

Mount or Grealish

Grealish or Rashford

 

Kane

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...