Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I know there’s a thread for the tournament, but let’s have one specifically for England. 
 

Love a summer tournament. One we’ve actually got a good chance of winning as well. 
 

Squad announcement tomorrow. Can’t see there being any surprises. 
 

COME ON ENGLAND! 

  • Like 2
Posted

My squad;

 

Keeper - Pickford, Pope, Henderson

Defenders - Walker, Trent, Stones, Maguire, Coady, James, Shaw, Chilwell

Midfield - Henderson, Mount, Bellingham, Rice, Grealish, Phillips

Attackers - Kane, Sancho, Sterling, Foden, Rashford, Calvert-Lewin

 

Extra 3 picks - Greenwood, Ward-Prowse, Mings.

 

Starting XI for the Croatia game (4-3-3);

Pickford - Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw - Mount, Rice, Henderson - Foden, Kane, Grealish

Posted

13th June - England vs Croatia

18th June - England vs Scotland

22nd June - Czech Republic vs England

 

All at Wembley.

 

What's the fan situation meant to be? Percentage capacity allowed?

 

Win the Group and we play Runner-up in Group F (Hungary/Portugal/France/Germany).

2nd in the group and we play the winner of Group F

 

3rd in the group and we could face Winner of Group B, C or E.

Posted

He’s going to make the same mistake as so many England managers before him...selecting players who are not fit and in process of recovering from injury. 
 

Save yourself the trouble of worrying about if Maguire and Henderson can make it. Pick the 24 now that realistically are going to be fit and start working on partnerships. 
 

Because of the European Cup Finals, it’s already very likely that no Man City or Chelsea players play before the tournament. 

Posted
1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

My squad;

 

Keeper - Pickford, Pope, Henderson

Defenders - Walker, Trent, Stones, Maguire, Coady, James, Shaw, Chilwell

Midfield - Henderson, Mount, Bellingham, Rice, Grealish, Phillips

Attackers - Kane, Sancho, Sterling, Foden, Rashford, Calvert-Lewin

 

Extra 3 picks - Greenwood, Ward-Prowse, Mings.

 

Starting XI for the Croatia game (4-3-3);

Pickford - Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw - Mount, Rice, Henderson - Foden, Kane, Grealish

Pope has already been ruled out I think.

Posted
1 hour ago, goody2028 said:

That England v Scotland game will be madness. Been so long since a game against them actually meant something?

We did play 2 qualifying games against them not long ago.

A 3-0 cakewalk at Wembley, but 2 great Leigh Griffiths freekicks had them 2-1 ahead at Hampden (in the 90th minute from memory). Kane, I think, equalised for us in injury time.

Posted
1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Usual suspects in there but Coady, Dier and Trent all missing out looking at the odds. Greenwood looks like he's going with Watkins missing out too.

I don't care about England like I used to, but I'd be disappointed, but unsurprised, if Greenwood is in ahead of Watkins.

Personally, I think Watkins is the better forward, albeit that he's 6 years older. At this moment in time, I'd take Watkins but I may be in the minority.

Posted

When did Henderson last play? I get waiting on Maguire but Henderson hasn't played for ages. I guess lack of central midfield options play into that.

 

For me I would go:

 

Pickford, Henderson, Johnstone

 

Alexander-Arnold, James, Trippier, Shaw, Chilwell 

Maguire, Stones, Mings, Keane, Coady 

 

Rice, Phillips, Bellingham, Ward-Prowse 

 

Mount, Foden, Grealish, Sancho, Sterling

 

Kane, Calvert-Lewin, Rashford, Greenwood 

 

James instead of Walker to be the right back who can third centre back option. Walker is a liability. 

Harsh on Watkins maybe but I don't see a situation where he would get on the pitch at all. At least Greenwood can play from the right where noone else wants too. 

Centre backs options are like picking one shit rather the other, but Coady will be a decent character to have around the squad. 

Centre midfield is obvious weakness but Southgate needs to play Bellingham alongside Rice. 

 

 

Posted
13 hours ago, Unabomber said:

The more successful leicester have become the less I can get behind the England team. I think it’s due to the players in the squad being those who we directly compete with in the league. They are also seriously dislikable like Mount Chilwell etc. Hopefully my mind changes once it kicks off.  

Totally agree, but it's not just that for me - it's more that England games are dross and the performances are consistently shit. I can't even bring myself to watch friendlies or qualifiers anymore. 

 

I'm hoping I'll get into the spirit of the tournament once it gets underway but because of the global situation, it also just feels a bit... meh.

Posted

Big Tournament for Southgate, we have an exceptionally talented squad and should be getting to the latter stages of this competition. Foden, Mount and Sancho have been brilliant this year and is a real forward threat we have now. 

Posted
13 hours ago, Unabomber said:

The more successful leicester have become the less I can get behind the England team. I think it’s due to the players in the squad being those who we directly compete with in the league. They are also seriously dislikable like Mount Chilwell etc. Hopefully my mind changes once it kicks off.  

I get irritated by the fact we have a set of English players performing well, who get little to no international recognition in favour of others at bigger clubs. 

Posted
13 hours ago, Unabomber said:

The more successful leicester have become the less I can get behind the England team. I think it’s due to the players in the squad being those who we directly compete with in the league. They are also seriously dislikable like Mount Chilwell etc. Hopefully my mind changes once it kicks off.  

Perhaps you need a Belgium Euro 2020 topic :P

Posted

Finish 1st or 2nd in the group and a probable first knock out match against France, Portugal or Germany. That's no easy path from the off.

It's says a lot when you'd probably take Germany as first sudden death opponents. I hope England avoid France, I think they give our defence a torrid time and I would be surprised if we had enough to beat them when the pressure is on.  

Posted

Surely given the 26 man squad rather than the 23 its worth throwing a complete wildcard in the mix, someone who might not perform all the time but has the ability to make the game of their life. I'm thinking Saka for flair or Antonio for a head on a stick if Plan C hoofball is required late on.

Guest ttfn
Posted
37 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Finish 1st or 2nd in the group and a probable first knock out match against France, Portugal or Germany. That's no easy path from the off.

It's says a lot when you'd probably take Germany as first sudden death opponents. I hope England avoid France, I think they give our defence a torrid time and I would be surprised if we had enough to beat them when the pressure is on.  

I think a lot of people are overlooking this. We’ll be out in the round of 16.

Posted
2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

33 picked then. 

Ramsdale is a shock. 

Thank God Dier has been dropped, but Mings over Konsa isn't great

 

 

 

 

Ramsdale isn't really a shock. He's 5th choice keeper, and with Pope out is now 4th. He won't be on the plane.

Posted

A real shame for White, Ramsdale, Godfrey, Ward-Prowse, Watkins, Alexander-Arnold and probably Saka. who are probably just wasting a week of their holidays. 

 

Says it all really that there is not much else other than our players outside of this group.

  • Like 1
Posted
1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Ramsdale isn't really a shock. He's 5th choice keeper, and with Pope out is now 4th. He won't be on the plane.

Bloody hope he isn't. 

 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

A real shame for White, Ramsdale, Godfrey, Ward-Prowse, Watkins, Alexander-Arnold and probably Saka. who are probably just wasting a week of their holidays. 

 

Says it all really that there is not much else other than our players outside of this group.

He can't leave Trent out, no way, man is in ridiculous form for Liverpool. 

JWP sits in if Henderson is out. 

Posted
Just now, UniFox21 said:

Bloody hope he isn't. 

 

He can't leave Trent out, no way, man is in ridiculous form for Liverpool. 

JWP sits in if Henderson is out. 

We aren't blessed with keepers right now. Who else would you have at number 5?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...